Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Supreme Clientele 2 - Release Date 32nd of Neveruary

fresh from the kitchen CL2coming's Avatar

Not a chance this will be Kanye exec produced - if it is, it won't be released this year.

Ghost just needs to get back to picking his own beats and writing his own rhymes. The rest doesn't matter.

(unless that trash new joint he just released is all Ghost, which I fear it could be...)

Anyway, Ghost is the greatest. He just needs to get his focus back.
    Last edited by CL2coming; 01-24-2022 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CL2coming View Post

(unless that trash new joint he just released is all Ghost, which I fear it could be...)
    What new joint?

Oh yeah that was horrible. I think that was probably just a paycheck type deal to help boost the singers profile.

Feel like Ye is more focused on Pusha Ts next album. I'm not holding my breathe for SC II. Looking forward to Gibbs, Pusha T, and Benny the Butcher releases in this first quarter.....
    I'm the Greatest Scientifically Inclined Mind Since Einstein!!!!

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Agree with corky831, I'm pretty much done looking forward to new releases from the clan. They still don't drop stuff on time plus they're in their 50's now. The bars just aren't there for me anymore. The production would have to be REALLY good for me to tune in now. The last Ghost album had mediocre beats all over them. Either they can't afford hot producers or they just don't have an ear for good beats.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    Agree with corky831, I'm pretty much done looking forward to new releases from the clan. They still don't drop stuff on time plus they're in their 50's now. The bars just aren't there for me anymore. The production would have to be REALLY good for me to tune in now. The last Ghost album had mediocre beats all over them. Either they can't afford hot producers or they just don't have an ear for good beats.
    Most rappers, Wu included, have bad ear for beats, so that's nothing new. There's literally dope indie producers that could do just as good a job as Kanye but rappers are too lazy to seek them out.

The only Wu projects I'm looking forward to are Rae's Scarlet Fever and CL3. And whenever Clientele 2 drops

I feel like GZA and Masta Killa are never gonna drop another album, I'm putting my money in terms of releases on Rae, Ghost, RZA, INS & Uey. If Rae puts his mind to it and comes with OB4CL... beats it OB4CL III will be dope. That Scarlet Fever that is supposed to tide us over, from what Rae posted of how he views the release, sounds like it's gonna have FILA levels of meh.

CL2 ? I have no idea what to expect
    Retired.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Somebody needs to hook Wu Tang up with Vinnie Paz's in house producer C Lance, he has crazy heat.

Quote Originally Posted by CL2coming View Post
    Only when I checked properly, I noticed it was a Ghost track. At first I though this was a feature by Ghost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    You talking about that Ghostface Killahs album? That was meh. Ghost is better of doing 12 Reasons or Sour Soul type projects.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    I feel like GZA and Masta Killa are never gonna drop another album, I'm putting my money in terms of releases on Rae, Ghost, RZA, INS & Uey. If Rae puts his mind to it and comes with OB4CL... beats it OB4CL III will be dope. That Scarlet Fever that is supposed to tide us over, from what Rae posted of how he views the release, sounds like it's gonna have FILA levels of meh.

CL2 ? I have no idea what to expect
    Dark Matter, that shit is now over 10 years old. On the same level as SC2. But I also do not see that being released any time soon. Even though GZA had to cancel a tour because he needed to finish the fucking album, over 3-4 years ago. That was also when it was announced he was working with Vangelis. Would be better if you just said he scrapped it. This is like waiting for Duke Nukem Forever. And we also have Liquid Swords 2, which never came.

MK, he could drop an album out of nowhere. I would not be surprised if all of a sudden he releases a reggae album for example. Or starts doing readings of children stories.

Kanye probably focused in Pusha's album now. Even though I wonder which role he is going to have. Because he only got involved with DAYTONA at the end, when he heard Pusha's album and said he could do better and scrapped everything.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

36 Seasons was pretty damn good.

I think all those, 36 Seasons, Sour Soul, 12 Reasons, show a matured Ghost rapping. And the concept like 12 Reasons works good with him as a storyteller. So why not continue down that line, and make such masterpieces. Live instrumentation and an overarching story. We know you can already rap Ghost, so no need in doing those rap hip hop tracks.

- - - Updated - - -

And it looks like Kanye will be busy with Donda 2, for which he will be helped by Future.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Set View Post
    I think all those, 36 Seasons, Sour Soul, 12 Reasons, show a matured Ghost rapping. And the concept like 12 Reasons works good with him as a storyteller. So why not continue down that line, and make such masterpieces. Live instrumentation and an overarching story. We know you can already rap Ghost, so no need in doing those rap hip hop tracks.
    I'd have to disagree, most of those albums sounds like Ghost wrote his bars in less than 5 minutes. 12 Reasons did have good production but that's the only one I really could vibe with but even some of those rhymes were ehhh.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

nada ignorante

I swear if Ghost doesn´t drop a dope album named Supreme Clientele 2 his career is over.
    N.I.

”Still craps and lies” Andy Warhov's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hotnikks View Post
    I swear if Ghost doesn´t drop a dope album named Supreme Clientele 2 his career is over.
    Ghost is solidified, how can his career be over? U God career is not even over and his albums gargle balls

These album sequels usually suck anyway. I can only think of Cuban Link 2 which is not as good as the og and chronic 2001