Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Supreme Clientele 2 - Release Date 32nd of Neveruary

Default Supreme Clientele 2 - Release Date 32nd of Neveruary

What's good fam....it's been a minute since I posted on this board. Just wanted to give you all an update. Ghost posted on reddit that he will be dropping Supreme Clientele 2 in February of 2022, and it is Executive Produced by Kanye West and Mike Dean. Take that for what it's worth, hopefully the beats are more like Daytona than Nasir....

Here's a link:

https://www.complex.com/music/ghostf...me-clientele-2

Peace and Love y'all
    I'm the Greatest Scientifically Inclined Mind Since Einstein!!!!

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Ghostface is usually reliable when it comes to getting albums out
    Cannot wait for it

I remember when this album had a ridiculously long title, something like Blue & Cream Wallabee Era or something. Can't believe he's actually releasing it.

Cuban Linx 3 is supposed to come out "soon," according to Rae. I'd be more interested in that release

let's hope for the best
    Retired.

Thats fucking nuts, and awesome.

Kanye just produced a full album of soul beats for Abstract Mindstate which is dope, so I know he def has heat for Ghost.

Veteran Member

Uhhh....my prediction, assuming this project sees the light of day, is that we'll be saying that the project does not deserve to be called SC2. I really hope I'm wrong but my expectations are very low

Ghost is way past his prime so let's see how this turns out

I hope the title 'SC2' means that nobody else provided Ghost with a framework or topics to write about and that it's back to associative rhyming.

Probably more wishful thinking than real hope.

On the other hand (imo) Rae delivered on the album title's promise with OB4CLII so sometimes it really happens. But only sometimes lol.

Make no mistake about it, I like hearing Ghost rhyme on topic, but only in the full Wu-Tang Clan setting. As a solo artist I like it when he goes 'associative'.

Obviously, Ghost should do whatever the fuck he pleases and this is just a fan's wish.
    Retired.

meet me in the lobby TommySuits's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by corky831 View Post
    What's good fam....it's been a minute since I posted on this board. Just wanted to give you all an update. Ghost posted on reddit that he will be dropping Supreme Clientele 2 in February of 2022, and it is Executive Produced by Kanye West and Mike Dean. Take that for what it's worth, hopefully the beats are more like Daytona than Nasir....

Here's a link:

https://www.complex.com/music/ghostf...me-clientele-2

Peace and Love y'all

executive produced by Kanye West. I like that. Production wise Kanye will take care of Ghost. I have high hopes for this just like I did with Cuban Linx 2 when I first heard State of Grace. Then when I finally heard the finished product I was feeling like Rae owes the world a public apology for that one.

What's interesting is that Ghostface has said the album is basically done before, but there are samples they can't clear etc. I wonder what happens to all that material.

Kanye is a Ghostface/Wu stan and a control freak, plus the date is 5 months away. If it happens I can't see any way that him and Mike Dean won't be producing the entire thing.

Also Kanye has got beats from RZA in the past, so I wouldn't be surprised if he gets some RZA stuff from the vault as well.

Peace CT

Wait did u say Rae owes the word an apology for CL2? I mean sure there were a couple dud tracks on there but that album is by far one of the better Wu releases in last 15 years or so. And sometimes executive producer doesn’t mean sh!t. If my memory serves me correctly without looking it up I think Nas had his daughter as executive producer once. And Biggie did it from the grave I believe. But we will see. If Kanye is involved, no weirdo stuff. Keep it hip hop. He can still make a hip hop album like he did for Pusha or Nas. Peace

meet me in the lobby TommySuits's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by josborne3680 View Post
    Wait did u say Rae owes the word an apology for CL2? I mean sure there were a couple dud tracks on there but that album is by far one of the better Wu releases in last 15 years or so. And sometimes executive producer doesn’t mean sh!t. If my memory serves me correctly without looking it up I think Nas had his daughter as executive producer once. And Biggie did it from the grave I believe. But we will see. If Kanye is involved, no weirdo stuff. Keep it hip hop. He can still make a hip hop album like he did for Pusha or Nas. Peace
    I said that yes. Back in like 05 or 06 Rae got serious about CL2 coming. Then out of the blue he dropped ‘state of grace’ as a teaser. Which was exactly the type of beat and song I want to hear when these dudes come together. Then in 2006 the complex magazine dropped with RZA GZA and Raekwon on the cover. It was a special for the upcoming sequel to his classic album. And they combed through nearly every track that was supposed to be on the album, who was involved, how deck and GZA had more of a role on this one than ghost. Rza handling majority of the production. Fast forward a few years to when we finally got the finished product and it was entirely different. No connection or feel to the original whatsoever. Don’t get me wrong there were some good songs But there was no Cuban links chemistry to it. Rae should have gaven that album to Beanie Sigel or Sheen Louch.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

If somebody else other than Raekwon could have received those Cuban Linx II beats, I definitely would have wanted it to be Sheek.

Peace CT

I see what u mean about chemistry or vibe to CL2. I have that magazine somewhere, such a good article. Gotta find it. Was that Complex? Thought it was something else. Anyway, I think a lot of that GZA material ended up on 8D. And one of the tracks mentioned even went to Digi Snacks. Peace

Nobody should be complaining about Cuban Linx 2. It was one of the most acclaimed albums of the year, and it kickstarted the “sequel” trend that’s so popular now (there would be no AZ “Doe or Die 2”). The Dilla beats on there are amazing, and the Necro beat is fire, but the others are decent. The first 8 tracks start off the album beautifully, but then it kinda loses steam. But overall, it turned out way better than I’d expected.

For Cuban Linx 3, I just Rae gets a better selection of beats.