Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Supreme Clientele 2 - Release Date 32nd of Neveruary

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

Exec producing an album is different to producing an album...

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

Shaolin Master

I wasn't jumping for joy when I read this info, but I will defer my judgement until I've heard the material.
    What I am hoping is that working on the sequel can bring out the best of both Kanye and Ghost.
    Don't forget that Kanyes work on The Blueprint was inspired entirely from Supreme Clientele.
    Hopefully with Ye as an exec, Ghost can demand a bigger budget, which can be partly utilised for sampling clearances.
    I will be majorly disappointed if its all live instrumentation. Supreme Clientele's spirit is built on soul samples.

PRODIGAL SUN

This is what i was talking about in the westside gunn exec’n an album fir them… they want a BIG name attached to help bring shine to what they do. Kanye is a top 3 name in hip hop and one of biggest names in music period. Having kanye exec his album is great news because that means hes just adding touches and picking tracks for the album. I didnt see him touching it the way rza did supreme clientele but the inclusion of mike dean DOES mean we will see it remixed ala rza. Westside gunn is never doing a real albun for the wu. Maybe a throwaway album down the line like the last few ghost projects but never a mainstream release when they still more popular than he is. Staten island ego 101

Quote Originally Posted by ForensikZ View Post
    This is what i was talking about in the westside gunn exec’n an album fir them… they want a BIG name attached to help bring shine to what they do. Kanye is a top 3 name in hip hop and one of biggest names in music period. Having kanye exec his album is great news because that means hes just adding touches and picking tracks for the album. I didnt see him touching it the way rza did supreme clientele but the inclusion of mike dean DOES mean we will see it remixed ala rza. Westside gunn is never doing a real albun for the wu. Maybe a throwaway album down the line like the last few ghost projects but never a mainstream release when they still more popular than he is. Staten island ego 101
    Wu as a brand is the most popular, so yes.
    But Westside Gunn have 1,5 million montly listeners on Spotify, Rae and Ghost have 1 million each. So what does that mean?
    I dont know how popular they are at this point, but this Kanye record will help Ghost to reclaim the spot he was at when Fishscale was released, if not even bigger.
    -----> Check Rev. William Burks aka Chuuuch "Nigowkno", "Runnit" and "Ganja"
    -----> KAMi Genesis, vol1, vol2 and vol3- beat tapes
    https://open.spotify.com/artist/48z4...QcWWL0Pat0qEDQ

Eastern village

Quote Originally Posted by Kanha View Post
    Wu as a brand is the most popular, so yes.
    But Westside Gunn have 1,5 million montly listeners on Spotify, Rae and Ghost have 1 million each. So what does that mean?
    I dont know how popular they are at this point, but this Kanye record will help Ghost to reclaim the spot he was at when Fishscale was released, if not even bigger.
    Lets see how popular and relevant the Griselda crew is in 25+ years. Then we can discuss listeners and popularity and relevence

Eastern village

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post

RZA interview, he gives his opinion.
    Thanks will give it a listen on my way to work tomorrow

https://thevampiredynasty.bandcamp.c...e-west-mashups

I highly doubt Ghostface is gonna drop SC2 next month, with or without Kanye, but I made this mashup tape to show what it could sound like.

Wu-Veteran

Cool mix..but that's a RZA beat

Quote Originally Posted by JEM View Post
    Cool mix..but that's a RZA beat
    I didn't say it was a Kanye beat (although actually its a co production with Kanye and his production team, I think RZA just provided the initial loop).

I used 'Kanye beats' in the sense that Kanye rapped on them, but most of them are older Ye beats that he did actually make.

”Still craps and lies” Andy Warhov's Avatar

Album ain't never dropping, don't kid yourselves. How long he was talking about it?

Kanye nuttier than squirrel shit anyway, geet RZA to produce an album or Muggs, some of these new grimy cats

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler, the Dry Cleaner View Post
    Album ain't never dropping, don't kid yourselves. How long he was talking about it?

Kanye nuttier than squirrel shit anyway, geet RZA to produce an album or Muggs, some of these new grimy cats
    This album was 'finished' in 2010 according to Ghost in an interview. You can add another 12 years now with Kanye on board.

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

Wu-Veteran

Word all good. Thx for share. Just listened to that remedy interview from another post on here...mentioned hes heard some off that SC2...says its classic..definitely on par with the OG. Dont know when we will see it tho

Quote Originally Posted by JEM View Post
    Word all good. Thx for share. Just listened to that remedy interview from another post on here...mentioned hes heard some off that SC2...says its classic..definitely on par with the OG. Dont know when we will see it tho
    What does that baggage handler know about what's happening with Ghost's album?

Ghost has always been my favorite Wu member, but he's kinda past his prime. Rae sounds the best of any Wu member right now, except he gets trash beats

Ghost is pretty consistent it'll be a dope release.