Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The 2000s in retrospect

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenchild View Post
    I forgot to mention the Islamophobia. Some dude was talking about how Dave Chapelle, a Muslim, didn't speak up during that time to help his people. I kinda see his point. It was open season on Muslims in the 2000s. You could've shot a Muslim and gotten away with it. I remember the System of a Down heavy metal band got beaten up because people thought they were Muslim (they're Armenians lol). People talk about anti-Asian hate today, but I swear it was 10 times worse for Muslims in the 2000s
    Dave Chappelle one of this wu tang Muslims?

Makes a lot of sense now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooch View Post
    Dave Chappelle one of this wu tang Muslims?

Makes a lot of sense now.
    No he's like full blown Muhammad Ali Muslim type, not the Five Percenters stuff. But he rarely talks about it except with David Letterman

Banned

No he's like full blown Muhammad Ali Muslim type, not the Five Percenters stuff. But he rarely talks about it except with David Letterman
    He’s a weird dude. Never really got into his comedian. It was too angsty.

Yeah I didn't know that.

That puts a different context to all of this shit. How can you believe in a fairytale, and then judge someone elses fairytale?

News to me too.
    Retired.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    Yeah I didn't know that.

That puts a different context to all of this shit. How can you believe in a fairytale, and then judge someone elses fairytale?
    Lol yea ok dude.

He’s a weird dude. Never really got into his comedian. It was too angsty.
    Dang not even Chappelle's Show? When I was in high school kids in school used to quote that show every day. I think he's a funny dude, even smart, but maybe his ego has blown up too much. I mean, they just gave him the Mark Twain Prize, which is a HUGE deal, and that boosted his ego.

As for the Muslim stuff, I only found out a few weeks ago about it. I guess his brother converted in the '90s, then Chappelle converted just before Half Baked. But he never talked about it, only a little bit. I don't care really, but I know Muslims aren't too crazy about the gay community, so maybe that's why Chappelle is so obsessed with trans people and whatever

As for the Muslim stuff, I only found out a few weeks ago about it. I guess his brother converted in the '90s, then Chappelle converted just before Half Baked. But he never talked about it, only a little bit. I don't care really, but I know Muslims aren't too crazy about the gay community, so maybe that's why Chappelle is so obsessed with trans people and whatever
    I don’t think Dave Chappell is a full on Alluh Akbar, Bin Ladin type Muslim? I just think he chose the religion based on his own personal beliefs and faith which IIRC was before all the 911 stuff anyway.

Lol yea ok dude.
    Whats that mean? I was just thinking his attitude to trans people stinks of hypocrisy.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    Whats that mean? I was just thinking his attitude to trans people stinks of hypocrisy.
    Lol what difference does it make? It’s not about trans people existing it’s more about how aggressive they have become with their notion that they police the banter of everyone.

Get yourself more nuanced.

Banned

Dang not even Chappelle's Show? When I was in high school kids in school used to quote that show every day. I think he's a funny dude, even smart, but maybe his ego has blown up too much. I mean, they just gave him the Mark Twain Prize, which is a HUGE deal, and that boosted his ego.

I know a lot of people liked him. I was never a huge fan like that. Some skits were funny.

Lol what difference does it make? It’s not about trans people existing it’s more about how aggressive they have become with their notion that they police the banter of everyone.

Get yourself more nuanced.
    Why is my personal opinion of him about that?