Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OUATIS sells for record breaking 4M with NFT attached.

Vizual Artist ShaolinArtStudent's Avatar

I'll just ask pretty bluntly and clearly because I am genuinely curious despite my snark and this is directed to Ringz:

Would you be fine if PleasrDAO did release the album as long as it wasn't commercialized?

If not, what could be a way for people to hear it? I do know that unlike Martin, they seem willing to let the world hear the album and treat it like an actual art piece than how Martin treated it.
    "En garde...I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style!"

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinArtStudent View Post
    I'll just ask pretty bluntly and clearly because I am genuinely curious despite my snark and this is directed to Ringz:

Would you be fine if PleasrDAO did release the album as long as it wasn't commercialized?

If not, what could be a way for people to hear it? I do know that unlike Martin, they seem willing to let the world hear the album and treat it like an actual art piece than how Martin treated it.
    From what I'm reading... Pleasr seems keen on sharing ownership rather than releasing or playing the album which they are not allowed to do, both commercially or non commercially. I'd be interested to see what they have in mind. As long as things fit within the concept, I'm all ears. But RZA's ears count just as heavy.

I would pay $1000 for a piece of ownership but that’s about my max as a lamens run of the mill lifetime Wu fan. Hopefully this isn’t exclusive only to the mega rich. Whatever PleasrDAO’s plans may be.

Vizual Artist ShaolinArtStudent's Avatar

I feel they should share it to the world, at least that's what their statement was on the release. As long as it isn't commercialized, the album being put online wouldn't break the concept.

At least how I see it, seeing how Martin played snippets and it had that "I" vibe with 36 Chambers style.
    "En garde...I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style!"

What Martin did wasn't allowed. Pleasr inherited the same restrictions. Is there a way for fans to hear it pre-88 year release ban? That is a question being actively discussed right now. PleasrDAO is a great group of forward thinking and positive thinking individuals. But restrictions can't be circumvented. Those are quite bulletproof, even to a Crypto world and breaking them carries consequences everyone's aware of. So we're discussing ideas, but not ideas towards breaking the restrictions. They remain intact.

nada ignorante

Quote Originally Posted by JZA/Jordon View Post
    I would pay $1000 for a piece of ownership but that’s about my max as a lamens run of the mill lifetime Wu fan. Hopefully this isn’t exclusive only to the mega rich. Whatever PleasrDAO’s plans may be.
    Would you really be willing to spend a thousand dollars on ONE track?? Thats nuts
    N.I.

Quote Originally Posted by hotnikks View Post
    Would you really be willing to spend a thousand dollars on ONE track?? Thats nuts
    YES

Or even a partial track

I’m starting to collect Rare Wu items, i.e. the Beanie that the clan wears in the C.R.E.A.M. video I dropped $220 on eBay from a guy who got it from RZA in 1994 at the airport in Baltimore. I am far from wealthy, just a regular dude with a wife and kid living in the suburbs. So i hope PleasrDAO will allow regular joe fan to be a part of this.

The Clan are a huge part of my life, and regardless of any prior shit talk or sour grapes I’ve had for the project, i respect what it has become and would love to own a part of it in some fashion.

nada ignorante

Quote Originally Posted by JZA/Jordon View Post
    YES

Or even a partial track

I’m starting to collect Rare Wu items, i.e. the Beanie that the clan wears in the C.R.E.A.M. video I dropped $220 on eBay from a guy who got it from RZA in 1994 at the airport in Baltimore. I am far from wealthy, just a regular dude with a wife and kid living in the suburbs. So i hope PleasrDAO will allow regular joe fan to be a part of this.

The Clan are a huge part of my life, and regardless of any prior shit talk or sour grapes I’ve had for the project, i respect what it has become and would love to own a part of it in some fashion.

I respect that! Hopefully fans like you will have a chance at it someday.
    N.I.

RZA speaks.

All of it is good, but if you want OUATIS specifically it's at:

@4.20
    @26.45

Last edited by Cilvaringz; 10-28-2021 at 07:21 AM.

Veteran Member

Great, the album has been acquired by a zuckerberg geek type

Did you see the part when he was drinking the champagne and listening to the album looooool so forced

I must congratulate Ringz on riding this wave and providing his music to only an elite few in the world, must be so proud

This thread kind of sums up from real fans how interested they are now in this project

Quote Originally Posted by TRONIX View Post
    Great, the album has been acquired by a zuckerberg geek type

Did you see the part when he was drinking the champagne and listening to the album looooool so forced

I must congratulate Ringz on riding this wave and providing his music to only an elite few in the world, must be so proud

This thread kind of sums up from real fans how interested they are now in this project
    Feel free to tweet PleasrDAO some feedback, sounds like they're all ears to share this with the "people"

-Diamond in the Rough- 3rdEyeVizion's Avatar

Wu-Tang is for the (rich) children

I almost had a heart attack when I saw that dude jammin the CD into the CD player . Also @ Cilvaringz…why did you and Rza go with a CD format for a once only copy? I mean it isn’t 2001 when you made this CD, didn’t you think it was better to make it a once only digital copy or at the very least on a USB stick? I mean one scratch or burn and it’s gone?

nada ignorante

Good point. Cds can rot too and get real damaged. What if there´s a house fire and u don´t have digital back up....
    N.I.

And that's what makes it so enticing... like a painting, like a vintage wine... store and handle with care or the value goes... but to the point, we wanted to do a vinyl at first but that doesn't allow for home pressing.. it requires sending out a master and now there's the chance of copying and leaking so the CD was the safest bet then... doing a USB stick kinda beats the purpose of the concept addressing digitization. I felt the same nerves when I saw the part of the CD player and it not working... Jamis felt that shit hard but that's what made the value of it so real to him afterwards, that home hitting core feeling that there really is only 1 copy.. and for many of the people that were interested in buying this, it was about the psychology behind the scarcity and the entire story of the legend around the album. I know this might be weird or hard to understand for some and I'm still wrapping my head around it as well, but we can all agree that Martin's possession of this record made it legendary because of everything that happened to Martin. Then, you'd think that Clan members trashing it would decrease its value, or the whole 'is it or isn't it a real Wu album' debate, Cilvaringz frankenstein shit etc etc. But see, it's doing the exact opposite. It's increasing it in value. As you see it doubled. Why is that? Meth trashed it on Huffington Post and Hot97 a year into it being on sale. For a whole year it still hadn't sold. Meth trashes it and two weeks later Martin makes an offer. Then the government takes it and for years no sale... then Mics & Men trashes it some more and now it doubles in value and it sells. Why is that? Well, look at the most expensive work of art ever sold which is the Salvador Mundi. Sold at 450M while they haven't been able to confirm 100% that it really was a Da Vinci. All the controversy around its shady sale and authentification is what gave it value. Same as the Banksy that shredded. It was worth more shredded than intact. The upside down stamp was a mistake, but worth crazy money because of that mistake. The cryptopunks... initially sold for a buck each, an uncool avatar experiment for software duplicating unique avatars. Now worth millions each. Something uncool accidently became cool. Point I'm making is that this album is all about the music to the ones who want to hear it and are just in it for Wu-Tang. But for the people that bought this album or wanted to buy it, it was about buying themselves into a historical ongoing story. The story is what counts, not the actual banana ducktaped to the canvas. So for them it makes sense for the album to be on CD because conceptually at that time, it was the transition from CD to digital that inspired the concept of a single copy. Call it a lot of artsi fartsi bullshit, but I think I figured out what makes it tick. And the story is far from over.
    Last edited by Cilvaringz; 11-04-2021 at 09:12 AM.