Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OUATIS sells for record breaking 4M with NFT attached.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ben...ntent/23506131

the last 3 paragraphs about 'showing off to friends' possibly explain the psychology behind it. seems like a solid explanation to me.

I say good on them making more money out of money
    Retired.

Cilvaringz can PleasrDAO split ownership track by track on the album, having many people together own just one track and thus make even more money? Or does ownership of the NFT always go for the FULL product meaning the whole OUATIS album + artwork & casing?

Theoretically, if the track by track split works (don't know) you could even split verse by verse or bar by bar

imagine being the (co-)owner of one punchline

just trying to roll with the concept here
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 10-22-2021 at 12:58 PM.
    Retired.

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    Cilvaringz can PleasrDAO split ownership track by track on the album, having many people together own just one track and thus make even more money? Or does ownership of the NFT always go for the FULL product meaning the whole OUATIS album + artwork & casing?

Theoretically, if the track by track split works (don't know) you could even split verse by verse or bar by bar

imagine being the (co-)owner of one punchline

just trying to roll with the concept here
    YouÂ’re actually on point. Regarding OUATIS they are theoretically not allowed to split tracks into individual ownership, BUT Rza and I have made clear weÂ’re always open to ideas as long as they make conceptual sense. The power to amend or adjust restrictions is with us.

Theoretically speaking, any facet of the album can be sold as an NFT. Imagine a particular verse being put up for sale as an NFT, it’s possible. Google ‘DJ 3lau Royal’ and you’ll see a new company that offers IP of songs as individual NFTs. It’s an interesting market to study because basically all an NFT is, is digital proof the digital asset is an original one. It’s like buying a painting and having the actual artist’s signature on the back. Only here, the original artist has minted the asset on the blockchain under his own name which gives many NFT collectors a psychological satisfaction in owning it and paying for it.

Imagine the Mona Lisa. Google Image it and youÂ’ll find 1000s of images of the same shot. Now imagine The Louvre or Da VinciÂ’s estate takes a pic of it and mints it on the blockchain under their official name. Now thatÂ’s worth a lot to someone who is happy to own THE one, even if you can access the exact same duplicate of the shot.

ItÂ’s hard to wrap your head around the psychology of itÂ… but thereÂ’s a whole DeFi world that believes in it 1000%. And we made 1 copy to protest against loss of value due to endless duplication and free access to music because of digitization. Now the NFTs solve that loss of value.. thatÂ’s why PleasrDAO buying it was full circle with the concept.

QUATIS as been a really cool and interesting idea, glad to see it's still in rotation. Could have shown the feds took it at some point.

Also, don't really get the 'desire' to hear it. It will probably be mid given the time in their careers it was recorded but that's perfectly fine. Casual wutang fans should be more interested in hearing it than hardcore ones because we already know what it is, and we already know where their better stuff lies. It think playing the music on the album or revealing it will damage its value because the mystery of it is nice and sometimes that's the nicest part of an idea.
    Last edited by TSA; 10-22-2021 at 03:23 PM.

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

Interesting theory by TSA, word.

nada ignorante

Yes the mystery is cool for the first couple of years then people stop giving a fuck life is too short this nonsense.
    N.I.

PRODIGAL SUN

Thanks for the videos

NFT's are basically a showcase how the future of intellectual property, business registers and cadastre will be.

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    QUATIS as been a really cool and interesting idea, glad to see it's still in rotation. Could have shown the feds took it at some point.

Also, don't really get the 'desire' to hear it. It will probably be mid given the time in their careers it was recorded but that's perfectly fine. Casual wutang fans should be more interested in hearing it than hardcore ones because we already know what it is, and we already know where their better stuff lies. It think playing the music on the album or revealing it will damage its value because the mystery of it is nice and sometimes that's the nicest part of an idea.
    I think the album has the potential to being their best since Forever. No offense to RZA, but sometimes the fans (Cilva) have a better understanding of the kind of music fans want to hear than the actual musicians. The Wu members are no longer stuck in the '90s, but fortunately Cilva is, and good for him.

That being said, I'm not interested in an artist's "legacy" or being revolutionary. Life is too short, too meaningless, too absurd for that stuff. Woody Allen said it best, "When I die, take all my works of art and dump them into the river." I don't care what statement this album is making. I just want to hear the music and enjoy the art while I'm still alive

^^^

Well said

Peace CT

The Goldenchild has spoken. Peace

nada ignorante

The Goldenchild said what i had said in a more mannered way. He is on point.
    Last edited by hotnikks; 10-24-2021 at 11:09 AM.
    N.I.

So basically cilvaringz and rza created NFT’s without knowing they created them? I don’t understand them and a lot of the newer forms of digital currency for that matter. I’m not even good with the regular stock market. Someone that does should create a YouTube channel and teach/explain it all like you would to a child. Probably get a ton of traffic. Anyway, just tell me when, where, and how much it’ll cost to own a piece or even hear this piece of world changing history. And if you don’t think this is world changing: 1 you’re dumb, 2 it’s still in its infant stages and look how much it’s changed/created and how far it’s coming. Pretty crazy to think we’ve pretty much all been somewhat involved since it’s beginning.

So many articles in crypto world about the Wu today and over the weekend...

-Diamond in the Rough- 3rdEyeVizion's Avatar

..And yet we still don’t get to actually HEAR the god damn album! Or wait.. We might? In a museum or in the little art gallery?? I am puzzled to this day that people are still fasinated by this hoax Wu-album. Con-motherfucking-gratulations!