Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ghostface Killah ‘Ironman’ 25th Anniversary Thread

ghost doesn't seem to like ironman lol.That's wild cause it's such a good album. Wondering if it's cause he didn't have as much say as he wanted or something because it does feel like a group effort.

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    it's such a good album.
    no doubt, up there with "Cuban Linx", "Liquid Swordz" and "Return To The 36 Chambers" in my opinion, my favorite LP by GFK.

Its always weird when you see artists downplay their best work. It feels disrespectful to the fans almost, being that your solo career has Ironman as a foundation.

But reading the interview, I think he just felt like he wasn't as confident then, and RZA had a lot more input so it was different to his later projects.

Its really tough to choose between Ironman and SC. I think the first half of Ironman is perfect though, what a run of tracks.

Ghost hated his vibe due to being in the middle of health issues (diabetes) at the time. That’s why supreme has a more uplifting feel

Shaolin Master

Yeah, Ghost has always criticized himself on Ironman and, while I think he's harsh, Ghost's really not at his best on that album. He was better on OB4CL, he hit his stride on Forever through Supreme & after, but Ironman's shine is the production (still hold it as RZA's best produced overall album) and the guests (Cappa's defining performances, Rae was tighter than Cuban, there's 2 cuts w/o Ghost at all & every guest brings it throughout the album). I still love it and Ghost is by no means bad, but when you hear the heights he hits before & after this album, you can understand why he still doesn't think he came through like he should.

The question I've always wanted to know more about on this album is the production b/c the instrumental version has the majority of the tracks w/ 15 seconds to over a minute of extra time with RZA still manipulating the beats in different ways and this is the only album that I've heard that on, so I always wanted to know more about why that is for Ironman solely. Never seen it brought up in any interview or album retrospectives ever.

Ghost outshined Rae on Cuban Linx, but on Ironman it was the other way around. Still a good album

Eastern village

The album is out now on streaming services.
    Sadly not the extras that was promised there yet.

Extras for the physical release only?
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 10-29-2021 at 10:41 AM.
    Retired.

The remix is the one with the Killing me softly beat we already know that

nada ignorante

I still find Ironman more enjoyable to listen to than the purple tape. it´s a better album in all aspects.
    N.I.

Salute Ghost! Ironman is one of the best albums ever