Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Travis Scott Tragedy

R.i.p.
    Retired.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

He is going to get sued into oblivion.

Sadly, this ranks right up there with the Pearl Jam concert at Roskilde festival (Denmark) in 2000, with 9 dead.

Roskilde and the storm during the Pukkelpop festival in Belgium in 2011 (five dead, many many wounded) have been the main festival traumas that most in Europe remember.
    Retired.

^^

"TMZ is also reporting that the deadly incident may have been caused by a deranged fan who was injecting concertgoers with some sort of drug, inducing widespread panic in the process.

Authorities are said to also be investigating the nature of the reported deaths, as at least one victim was said to have been foaming at the mouth prior to entering cardiac arrest."

I have no words.
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    I thought about going. I was thinking that I haven't really enjoyed TX recreationally since moving here. But then I thought 'it's going to be full of hypebeasts' and decided not to. Next thing you know this breaks out. There was a lot more to it, but the main issue was people crammed too close to each other and a lot of ppl couldn't breath. I'm willing to go out on a limb and say it was likely ppl that have had corona who didn't know their lung capacity was different but I could be wrong.

Anyways, yeah, thought about going, stopped cause of age and my not liking travis scott's music and fans

Good thing you weren't there.
    Retired.

sad shit

SkamPoe at instagram @kinghippoe
    FOLLOW!!

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by David Daniel Davis View Post
    He is going to get sued into oblivion.
    I don't see how. It's not Travis and Drake's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    I thought about going. I was thinking that I haven't really enjoyed TX recreationally since moving here. But then I thought 'it's going to be full of hypebeasts' and decided not to. Next thing you know this breaks out. There was a lot more to it, but the main issue was people crammed too close to each other and a lot of ppl couldn't breath. I'm willing to go out on a limb and say it was likely ppl that have had corona who didn't know their lung capacity was different but I could be wrong.

Anyways, yeah, thought about going, stopped cause of age and my not liking travis scott's music and fans

Someone wanted to see/cause chaos.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

I hope this doesn't happen at the Sarah Mclachlan concert I've got tickets for.

Do US festivals use the safety precaution of compartimentalizing the audience? I mean when they're in big blocks (with special entrances and exits) so they can't do "death walls" (which I know Travis Scott sometimes ask for during crowd participation) and the forward surge is lessened too

It's common use here after some of the disasters mentioned earlier in the thread. It seems to work well
    Retired.

Banned

I’m so old and out of touch with music that I don’t know who Travis Scott is and it sounded like a white guys name to me.