Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do over albums

-Diamond in the Rough- 3rdEyeVizion's Avatar

I agree about Tical. Never felt that album. Bring the Pain is the only classic on there..

The W is fantastic, and wasn't a dramatic change either - more like an update to 36 Chambers style.

A lot of albums are easy to fix just by cutting the 4-5 weak tracks. I'd rather have 11 dope tracks than a mixed 16.

I would say ABT, BPW, Tical 0, and probably just leaving a lot of Cappadonna records on the cutting room floor.

Veteran Member

you guys are tripping about Tical imo..that album is great. I thought Meth's rhymes over the beats were a perfect fit.

Quote Originally Posted by zooruka View Post
    I think the W and Tical. The W was too much of a change for the Wu and Gravel Pit is the worst Wu song of all time lol. Tical needs to be done over again because the beats/sound were too hard for Meth. Rza was on a Gravediggaz tip at the time and Meth isn’t that type of rapper.
    The double disc remaster from a few years back addresses some of the sound issues. I have 40% hearing loss on low tones in one ear so when even I can spot the difference after a remaster it means there's some really audible changes everyone else would definitely notice / enjoy. I especially heard a difference on the low end, which was much more noticeable in the mix

of course a remaster doesn't change beats etc so there's that

definitely not one of the better solo albums in the first round, remaster or not. there's 6 classic songs and a great remix on there, one solid song and the other songs are kind of 'just there' to me, because of the beats.
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 11-13-2021 at 10:24 AM.
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by hiphopjunky View Post
    you guys are tripping about Tical imo..that album is great. I thought Meth's rhymes over the beats were a perfect fit.
    I'm gonna play that remaster tonight and see how those songs hit me that sort of pass me by normally : What the blood clot, Sub crazy, PLO style, I get my thang in action and Stimulation
    Retired.

Veteran Member

I still bump sub crazy frequently lol

But i love aggressive hop-hop...I think the hard beat and Meth's aggressive flow are perfect together (I love him over those kinds of beats like Dangerous Grounds, Run 4 Cover, Project Music, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by zooruka View Post
    I think the W and Tical. The W was too much of a change for the Wu and Gravel Pit is the worst Wu song of all time lol. Tical needs to be done over again because the beats/sound were too hard for Meth. Rza was on a Gravediggaz tip at the time and Meth isn’t that type of rapper.
    No disrespect but Gravel Pit was a major hit and they had to have a commercial single given that moment/era in hip hop.