Thread: Cuban Linx 3 update, new album Scarlet Fever

Default Cuban Linx 3 update, new album Scarlet Fever

Some quotes from the article:

Raekwon announced Only Built 4 Cuban Linx Pt. III while speaking with TIDAL’s Elliott Wilson last August on the exact same day the original turned 25. But as Raekwon told DX, fans will have to be patient.

“Right now, I’m going to give you another project before we actually give you the III,” he says. “Because the III, we’re still curating that to make it strong. But being that time is really moving, I already have something else on deck that’s going to open up the vessel for Cuban Linx III to come out down the line. So, just get ready though.”

When pressed for more details, Raekwon revealed the impending project would arrive during the first quarter of 2022.

“I have a title,” he says with an air of excitement. “The title is called Scarlet Fever. That’s the name of the title. It’s definitely going to be a dope album, but I would definitely say it’s the prelude to Cuban Linx 3 down the line. It’s going to definitely be another classic. Trust me. When I call it, it’s solid when I call it because I ain’t going to lie about it.”

https://hiphopdx.com/news/id.65771/t...-linx-3-update

He should just release Cuban Linx 3. The Wild was decent, but FILA was embarrassing, so I don’t have much hope in this prelude album

Wu-Veteran

F.I.L.A. had some heat on it.. this is good news

Good news.

It'd be interesting to know who will exec produce CLIII and help out with the beat selection. I guess info like will be a long time coming though since focus, also in communication w/ media and fans, will be on Scarlet Fever for now.
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    It'd be interesting to know who will exec produce CLIII and help out with the beat selection
    I forgot how important executive producers are on hip hop records. Do they even get credited on albums anymore? They can make or break an album with their beat selection and features selection

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

No way this is dropping first quarter next year lmao!

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Yes, they still exist and still get credited. Rick Rubin is executive producer on Marshall Mathers L.P. 2 and Revival along with Doctor Dre, but he takes the brunt of the backlash for the over use of rock samples on those albums which was a major point of criticism on them.

Quote Originally Posted by David Daniel Davis View Post
    Yes, they still exist and still get credited. Rick Rubin is executive producer on Marshall Mathers L.P. 2 and Revival along with Doctor Dre, but he takes the brunt of the backlash for the over use of rock samples on those albums which was a major point of criticism on them.
    Serious question, what does Rick Rubin actually DO? Does he make beats?

Anyway, I don't know why Rae is so determined to release a "prelude album" before Cuban Linx 3. He says Scarlet Fever is going to be "dope" but he should focus his energy on making Cuban Linx 3 the best he can

Can't wait. I'm copping that book too.

On Rick Rubin, the way I understand it from what artists have said in interviews on him producing for them, he tells them which overall sound to go for. So it sounds like a cohesive album. Sometimes he makes artists return to the sound they originally started out with. Other artists he helps bring more of a rock sound than they had previously used (samples or live instruments). He helps out with song selection or beat selection.

So really more of an executive producer than a producer.

I seem to remember a story of RZA saying he sent A Better Tomorrow (the album) to Rubin when it was sort of finished, possibly only just a few of the songs. And Rubin told him, give me some ODB snippets, I'll see about how to best place them, you need ODB on the album. I think he helped selected a beat switch for a Raekwon verse too.

This is from memory. I should play the album to refresh my mind but I'm listening to other stuff atm.
    Retired.

Rick Rubin made beats in the 80s. Occasionally he's made beats since, like 99 Problems and the stuff on MMLP2 (very bare bones productions).

He seems to be more of a spiritual guide for various artists these days.