Thread: Lil yachty & method man cast in rap drama 'on the come up' alongside mike epps

Default Lil yachty & method man cast in rap drama 'on the come up' alongside mike epps

Lil Yachty and Method Man are set to star in an upcoming rap drama film titled On the Come Up, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Based on Angie Thomas’ best-selling book of the same name, the coming-of-age movie follows the story of 16-year-old Bri, who wants to be one of the greatest rappers of all time. Labeled a hoodlum at school and struggling to win her first rap battle, one of her songs becomes an internet sensation by causing a controversy.

Dave star GaTa (real name Davionte Ganter) is also set to appear in the film alongside Mike Epps, Da’Vine Joy Randolph, Jamila C. Gray and others. The movie marks Love & Basketball and Brown Sugar actress Sanaa Lathan’s directorial debut, while also co-starring in the film.

Mike Epps wrote on Instagram, “In Good company We workin on some great film @sanaalathan killin it in her directors debut.”

Method Man currently stars in 50 Cent’s STARZ series Power Book II: Ghost and recently appeared in the second season of EPIX’s Godfather of Harlem. Lil Yachty previously starred in How High 2 alongside DC Young Fly, replacing the original film’s stars Method Man and Redman, with Epps also in the cast.

Speaking to HipHopDX in 2019, Redman said, “Universal and the under labels were able to do what they wanted to do with the movie. My team didn’t know it was going down. When we first got the news, we were like, ‘Wow, okay. New How High 2 movie.’ Was I a little mad at first? I wasn’t mad. I think I was more upset of the fact that I wasn’t notified. ‘Cause you gotta understand like, Red and Meth, the promotion we gave on How High 2, you can’t pay for.”

He added, “I congratulate DC Young Fly and Lil Yachty. I know they’re gonna do a great job. They better. And this is just another outlet for them to feed their family like Red and Meth feed their family. I’m about the youth. I’m about the youth growing at the end of the day. And when one door closes, you know what God say, another one opens.”
    Retired.

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

How High 2 starred black actor Mike Epps and cute black woman rapper Lil Yachty. Mike Epps starred in Friday After Next which is the third Friday movie. Ice Cube was in the first Friday movie with cute black woman Nia Long. Nia Long is hot and I want her, I sent her a letter on Facebook asking if she wants to come to Maryland to be intimate.

There is a new Friday movie coming next year which I will go and see if I can finally get some money off the government.

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Blue Bally Kid View Post
    How High 2 starred black actor Mike Epps and cute black woman rapper Lil Yachty. Mike Epps starred in Friday After Next which is the third Friday movie. Ice Cube was in the first Friday movie with cute black woman Nia Long. Nia Long is hot and I want her, I sent her a letter on Facebook asking if she wants to come to Maryland to be intimate.

There is a new Friday movie coming next year which I will go and see if I can finally get some money off the government.
    flawless
    Retired.