Thread: Big Boi Finally Has A Song With Kate Bush

Default Big Boi Finally Has A Song With Kate Bush

https://hiphopdx.com/news/id.65893/t...ter-hit#signup

Marcus Ingram/Getty Images

Big Boi's Dream Collaboration Has Finally Come True: 'I Have A Monster Hit'

Years of running up that hill have finally paid off for Outkast legend Big Boi. In a recent interview with Mark Ronson for The FADER Uncovered podcast, Daddy Fat Sax revealed his long sought after collaboration with English chanteuse Kate Bush is complete — he’s just waiting for the right time to release it.
    “I have a monster hit with Kate Bush that I’m just holding,” he said. “It’s a dream come true and the people are going to fucking love it. It’s fucking incredible.”
    In a September 2018 interview with HipHopDX, Big Boi explained why he’s so drawn to the Hounds of Love singer. “I love the creativity and the writing and the layers of music in the production. And her voice, man. Her voice is so enchanting. There’s a lot of feeling in her music. I listen to it all. I been listening to it now since I was a teenager and it never gets old.
    “I got a chance to go see the Before The Dawn show. It was the first time I ever saw her live, years ago, and it was an experience like no other. It kind of reminded me of when I did BIG for the Atlanta Ballet. It was that same live type show with music and theatrics and the visuals, it was dope, you know what I mean. She’s the total package artist and I mean I got nothing but love and admiration for her.”
    Big Boi told Ronson the possibility for a collaboration started to take shape backstage at one of her shows. They tossed back a few glasses of wine and exchanged numbers.
    “About a year or so pass, and I told her I was coming back, I just said, ‘Hey, when can we do a song?'” he said. “Just send her a text every now and then. I talked to her on the phone, “Hello. Hello. So lovely.” And so I came back and she’s like, “Let’s go to dinner.” So we went and she took me to dinner to this cool little pub place where I had almond cognac. And we was both throwing them back. It was the coolest experience.”
    He continued, “So my manager, being the great, great manager he is, he reached out to her manager a couple years ago and was like, ‘Hey, we need to make this happen.’ And I just so happened to have the right song that is fucking phenomenal, and sent it to her.

“And it had the words on there and she just had to sing the words. And then I wrote my verse and my boy Go Dreamer wrote her parts and wrote the hook. And it is incredible. It’s incredible.”
    Big Boi says he has no specific plan to release the collaboration but promised to drop it “whenever I think they deserve it, I’m going to give it to them.” He also dreams of incorporating an NFT element to the release involving the artwork.

"Big Boi says he has no specific plan to release the collaboration"

Don't do me like that man. I NEED to hear this asap
    Retired.

The ABBOTT

I have no idea who Kate Bush is? And what is a chanteuse?

Chanteuse just means female singer. Kate Bush is an excellent artist worth checking out.

@b-dolo here is her greatest hits album with the famous singles from the first half of her career

https://www.amazon.com/Whole-Story-K...s%2C463&sr=8-1

Here's the YT playlist for this 12 song collection.

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=...080eJ0-Lg5yZeH

I think she's a great singer with interesting song choices and personality.

She didn't perform live for many years because of stage fright. That's in the past now though
    Retired.

The ABBOTT

Thanks for the info. I noticed on her wiki discography page, she didn't really chart in the U.S. surprisingly. Proably why I wasn't familiar with her. Good music from the few tracks I listened to.