Thread: GameCube dropped twenty years ago today.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Default GameCube dropped twenty years ago today.

This was Nintendo's first major failure in the home console market. It had little or no third party support, but still had a fair amount of superior games..

It did have some classic games. I remember the outcry over the Wind Waker having cartoonish graphics. That really hurt the system in the beginning, launching with Luigi's Mansion and not a full 3D Mario game didn't help either. Ofcourse the game was great but the damage was done. Not having the GTA's while the PS2 and eventually the Xbox got them was the nail in the coffin though. I've read that GTA III and Vice City were planned but cancelled. Probably cause Nintendo was being Nintendo.

Still Smash bros, Twilight Princess, Metroid, RE4 were all top tier games. It was the last system Nintendo made that power wise was on par or more powerful than it's rivals. Believe it was 2nd behind the Xbox in power that gen.

Yeah, it unfortunately could never overcome Nintendo's family friendly reputation, it had hard shit like Eternal Darkness:Sanity's Requiem, three exclusive Resident Evil games for a while and Geist, which was basically Gamecube's answer to Socom and Halo..

Thread made me think of Slim Thug's verse

Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by David Daniel Davis View Post
    Yeah, it unfortunately could never overcome Nintendo's family friendly reputation
    Yeah Nintendo needs to move past Mario and other 1st gen games. I don’t think it should be like X box or PlayStation but it should cater to an older generation too? They have the switch now which is their best console since N64 and they’re ruining it by not releasing games of putting out rubbish games.

The ABBOTT

They relased conkers bad fur day for n64 and resident evil games for GameCube, but somehow Rockstar games were to extreme?

The ABBOTT

Quote Originally Posted by David Daniel Davis View Post
    This had to written by a Nintendo fanboy. I don't think the GameCube is the superior console then,now, or in the future.

Probably was, quite a few Gamecube games have exponentially shot up in value though, it is currently the up and coming, trendy retro video game console to collect for.

The ABBOTT

Proably because it's aligns with the people looking for a console for nostalgic reasons. Soon the Wii,360, or PS3 will be a collectible.

They definitely will happen, although probably later for Wii because the console and games are still so readily available.

Default a forgotten gem...wish i could play it again