Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I can't take RZA seriously anymore

Default I can't take RZA seriously anymore

I've just heard too many cringe inducing, embarrassing attempts at 'dropping wisdom' from him, that I just can't take him seriously anymore. The moment I hear his voice I just go into mock mode and prepare to cringe at what he's gonna say.

His head just got so fucking big that he started regularly doing these fucking awful little things on several releases where he'd just talk and try to be deep. Like on chamber musik, I think it was. He did them throughput the whole thing. So fucking embarrassing.

But yeah, got to a point where like even as soon as I hear his voice on this new remedy album I'm just shuddering and cringing at the sound of it.

I think it's too far gone now to be rectified.

I also got tired of hearing him say normal stuff and think it was super deep or thinking he was too deep to make decent rap music. But the other side of the coin is it's that mentality that made Wutang possible, so it's fine. If he were any other way we wouldn't have got the first run.

But when I got over that, he then started this 'I'm positive and I've been positive the whole time low key' thing that's really fucking annoying where he tries to retrofit 'positivity' (weird neo-liberal 2003 america is cool and diverse talk) into old wutang songs and his own personal motivations that clearly weren't the case.

Still have a lot of respect for him though, he's a great dude.

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    I've just heard too many cringe inducing, embarrassing attempts at 'dropping wisdom' from him, that I just can't take him seriously anymore. The moment I hear his voice I just go into mock mode and prepare to cringe at what he's gonna say.

His head just got so fucking big that he started regularly doing these fucking awful little things on several releases where he'd just talk and try to be deep. Like on chamber musik, I think it was. He did them throughput the whole thing. So fucking embarrassing.

But yeah, got to a point where like even as soon as I hear his voice on this new remedy album I'm just shuddering and cringing at the sound of it.

I think it's too far gone now to be rectified.
    agreeeeeeeeee to disagree, we're in a time where nuggets of wisdom are needed.

I love Rza but heÂ’s best when he is just kickin hard core raps (Rzarektah style) IMO. Dude is some Hollywood kook guru now? I think heÂ’s taking this whole musician/wisdom thing a bit too far? TBH I think Rza fell off on Wu tang Forever, if you listen to him rap on that as opposed to his earlier stuff you will see the fake wisdom trying to come out lol?

when I was 15 years old I thought RZA was one of the smartest and wisest dudes ever, but 20 years later I take it with a grain of salt. He's still a better role model than 99% of shit out there but I'd much sooner listen to Jordan Petersen or Kevin Samuels for nuggets of wisdom. But he's the mind that made Wu-Tang Clan so it's whatever, god bless the man.

When I hear RZA still cling on to veganism and claim 'why should you have to kill something in order to eat' it's a little cringy now, seeing as harvesting the plants he eats kills WAY more animals than a slaughter house. I don't give a shit if that's his choice, but his reasoning makes no logical sense.

also the way he is managing Wu-Tang's legacy is utter genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Mumm Ra View Post
    When I hear RZA still cling on to veganism and claim 'why should you have to kill something in order to eat' it's a little cringy now, seeing as harvesting the plants he eats kills WAY more animals than a slaughter house. I don't give a shit if that's his choice, but his reasoning makes no logical sense.
    It doesn't always make sense to believe everything you read either. Its a right wing myth, and easy to disprove.

we can split hairs but long story short, unless you're growing your own personal family sized garden at your home - animals are dying for you to eat. RZA tends to think none are somehow. This doesn't even touch the mass conservation effects of hunting.
    Last edited by Mumm Ra; 12-08-2021 at 01:17 PM.

I don't think its splitting hairs. Some animals will die of course in plant monocultures but considerably less than in the meat industry. 36% of cropland is there to grow animal feed. We would have far less farmland in general by all turning vegan, theres a huge energy loss in transforming crops into animal meat.

Eating less meat is better in this regard. It just means less animals suffering and dying over prolonged periods, and less land used up.

As far as hunting helping animals out? If thats really the case, fine. I think if you're hunting for your own dinner thats cool.

I have no idea what RZA's understanding is though. Maybe Cilvaringz can shed some light?

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    I have no idea what RZA's understanding is though. Maybe Cilvaringz can shed some light?
    You can get it directly from RZA's interviews. He says an animal shouldn't have to die in order for him to live. He's said this for years and I got it from another very recent interview that I don't care to search for.

I'm jussayin the older I get, the more I recognize RZA having spiritual opinions that have no grounding in the real world.
    If factory meat farms didn't exist, animals still die for RZA to eat. One cow can feed a family for a year. If RZA wants a year worth of avocados it would kill tens of thousands of animals in comparison to one cow.

Quote Originally Posted by Mumm Ra View Post
    also the way he is managing Wu-Tang's legacy is utter genius.
    i agree with this. It shows that he actually has a strong sense of vision etc. Especially compared to the other members and other people in hip hop in general. If the other side of the coin is unnecessary beverly hills buddism quotes, that's fine.

It’s simple just make a damn 2hr cinema Bio Pic and then creep to Mickey Dee’s for a burger and fries.

Quote Originally Posted by zooruka View Post
    It’s simple just make a damn 2hr cinema Bio Pic and then creep to Mickey Dee’s for a burger and fries.
    Retired.

nada ignorante

Rza is a millionare he aint give a fuck about dropping wisdom no more
    N.I.