Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I can't take RZA seriously anymore

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default I can't take RZA seriously anymore

I've just heard too many cringe inducing, embarrassing attempts at 'dropping wisdom' from him, that I just can't take him seriously anymore. The moment I hear his voice I just go into mock mode and prepare to cringe at what he's gonna say.

His head just got so fucking big that he started regularly doing these fucking awful little things on several releases where he'd just talk and try to be deep. Like on chamber musik, I think it was. He did them throughput the whole thing. So fucking embarrassing.

But yeah, got to a point where like even as soon as I hear his voice on this new remedy album I'm just shuddering and cringing at the sound of it.

I think it's too far gone now to be rectified.

I also got tired of hearing him say normal stuff and think it was super deep or thinking he was too deep to make decent rap music. But the other side of the coin is it's that mentality that made Wutang possible, so it's fine. If he were any other way we wouldn't have got the first run.

But when I got over that, he then started this 'I'm positive and I've been positive the whole time low key' thing that's really fucking annoying where he tries to retrofit 'positivity' (weird neo-liberal 2003 america is cool and diverse talk) into old wutang songs and his own personal motivations that clearly weren't the case.

Still have a lot of respect for him though, he's a great dude.

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    I've just heard too many cringe inducing, embarrassing attempts at 'dropping wisdom' from him, that I just can't take him seriously anymore. The moment I hear his voice I just go into mock mode and prepare to cringe at what he's gonna say.

His head just got so fucking big that he started regularly doing these fucking awful little things on several releases where he'd just talk and try to be deep. Like on chamber musik, I think it was. He did them throughput the whole thing. So fucking embarrassing.

But yeah, got to a point where like even as soon as I hear his voice on this new remedy album I'm just shuddering and cringing at the sound of it.

I think it's too far gone now to be rectified.
    agreeeeeeeeee to disagree, we're in a time where nuggets of wisdom are needed.

I love Rza but heÂ’s best when he is just kickin hard core raps (Rzarektah style) IMO. Dude is some Hollywood kook guru now? I think heÂ’s taking this whole musician/wisdom thing a bit too far? TBH I think Rza fell off on Wu tang Forever, if you listen to him rap on that as opposed to his earlier stuff you will see the fake wisdom trying to come out lol?

when I was 15 years old I thought RZA was one of the smartest and wisest dudes ever, but 20 years later I take it with a grain of salt. He's still a better role model than 99% of shit out there but I'd much sooner listen to Jordan Petersen or Kevin Samuels for nuggets of wisdom. But he's the mind that made Wu-Tang Clan so it's whatever, god bless the man.

When I hear RZA still cling on to veganism and claim 'why should you have to kill something in order to eat' it's a little cringy now, seeing as harvesting the plants he eats kills WAY more animals than a slaughter house. I don't give a shit if that's his choice, but his reasoning makes no logical sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mumm Ra View Post
    When I hear RZA still cling on to veganism and claim 'why should you have to kill something in order to eat' it's a little cringy now, seeing as harvesting the plants he eats kills WAY more animals than a slaughter house. I don't give a shit if that's his choice, but his reasoning makes no logical sense.
    It doesn't always make sense to believe everything you read either. Its a right wing myth, and easy to disprove.

Shaolin Master

when I was 15 years old I thought RZA was one of the smartest and wisest dudes ever, but 20 years later I take it with a grain of salt. He's still a better role model than 99% of shit out there but I'd much sooner listen to Jordan Petersen or Kevin Samuels for nuggets of wisdom. But he's the mind that made Wu-Tang Clan so it's whatever, god bless the man.

Knowledge from Jordan Peterson lolz
    He would be in the same tier as rza actually, only hes more delusional

also the way he is managing Wu-Tang's legacy is utter genius.

also the way he is managing Wu-Tang's legacy is utter genius.
    i agree with this. It shows that he actually has a strong sense of vision etc. Especially compared to the other members and other people in hip hop in general. If the other side of the coin is unnecessary beverly hills buddism quotes, that's fine.

It’s simple just make a damn 2hr cinema Bio Pic and then creep to Mickey Dee’s for a burger and fries.

Quote Originally Posted by zooruka View Post
    It’s simple just make a damn 2hr cinema Bio Pic and then creep to Mickey Dee’s for a burger and fries.
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    i agree with this. It shows that he actually has a strong sense of vision etc. Especially compared to the other members and other people in hip hop in general. If the other side of the coin is unnecessary beverly hills buddism quotes, that's fine.
    Beverly Hills Buddhism quotes, LMAO. Sounds on point though. He could feature as a character in GTA V, just as himself, and would fit right in. The quotes he sometimes puts on social, I recall they led to some wild discussions with me an friends. Like how does this work. And this just to far out there, and not grounded in reality.

The other thing you have with his quotes, and this also goes for him speaking. I always follow them up with Bong Bong in my head. He has used this so much, that it has become a sort of ridiculing catchphrase.

And what do y'all mean by managing the legacy of Wu-Tang. You mean how they did the 4-part documentary & now the tv-series? Because that has been done properly. Same for how he branched out into 36 Chambers with the films and the commentary. (Has anybody ever watched that by the way? I never got around to it.) But the releases, the albums, that sort of feels like a mess to me. Is anything being done with that? Besides the hipster vinyl re-releases?

One last thing that did not really help RZA, is the amount of promised projects. But this is of course a Wu-Tang thing. Wu-Electronics? Wu-Filmz? The Cure? In Stereo Instrumentals? Abbott & The Monk? (After that meditation EP he should make that records with Dirty talking in the studio, and just put some nice beats under there like he did for Guided Explorations.) New album 99% done? It's always like he talks with a lot of enthusiasm about one thing, but we just have to see if he holds his interest in the long run. And the project actually materializes.

LOL at this thread changing into a discussion about eating animals. The RZA quote was pretty far I think. But a lot of things need to be looked into if we are talking about sustainability of good. A mono culture, be it for meat be it for vegetables, is never good. Neither is a culture in which the product are grown half way around the earth. In my opinion agriculture needs a huge overhaul, where we do not have mono culture which require an abundance of water within areas which are known to have not a lot of water. (Like palm trees in California.) You need to look at a more diverse, local, and seasonable solution.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shahcronz View Post
    Knowledge from Jordan Peterson lolz
    He would be in the same tier as rza actually, only hes more delusional
    I was sort of thinking the same. Rather listen to some lectures by Slavoj Zizek.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

we can split hairs but long story short, unless you're growing your own personal family sized garden at your home - animals are dying for you to eat. RZA tends to think none are somehow. This doesn't even touch the mass conservation effects of hunting.
    Last edited by Mumm Ra; 12-08-2021 at 01:17 PM.

I don't think its splitting hairs. Some animals will die of course in plant monocultures but considerably less than in the meat industry. 36% of cropland is there to grow animal feed. We would have far less farmland in general by all turning vegan, theres a huge energy loss in transforming crops into animal meat.

Eating less meat is better in this regard. It just means less animals suffering and dying over prolonged periods, and less land used up.

As far as hunting helping animals out? If thats really the case, fine. I think if you're hunting for your own dinner thats cool.

I have no idea what RZA's understanding is though. Maybe Cilvaringz can shed some light?