Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I can't take RZA seriously anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Mumm Ra View Post
    You can get it directly from RZA's interviews. He says an animal shouldn't have to die in order for him to live. He's said this for years and I got it from another very recent interview that I don't care to search for.

I'm jussayin the older I get, the more I recognize RZA having spiritual opinions that have no grounding in the real world.
    If factory meat farms didn't exist, animals still die for RZA to eat. One cow can feed a family for a year. If RZA wants a year worth of avocados it would kill tens of thousands of animals in comparison to one cow.
    But its not true lol.

I explained this. The amount of monoculture crop farming required to raise a cow is far larger. In its lifetime the cow is still responsible for more deaths.

Plus waaaay more land is needed for livestock. That also has a bigger displacement impact than the avocados.

you're arguing like a woman. Unless you want to tell me zero animals die in the process of crop harvesting - you're wrong and creating a side argument that is separate from my main point.

RZA doesn't farm all of his own crops. He is responsible for more animal killing than a hunter would be from killing an elk.

If you want to get in a factory livestock/ crop harvesting debate, I don't really care the exact number of deaths occur and the many factors that are involved (ie you can't get every person on the planet to be vegan, ect). The point is - vegans are responsible for killing animals in a large scale.
    Last edited by Mumm Ra; 12-08-2021 at 05:01 PM.

RZA doesn't farm all of his own crops. He is responsible for more animal killing than a hunter would be from killing an elk.

If you want to get in a factory livestock/ crop harvesting debate, I don't really care the exact number of deaths occur and the many factors that are involved (ie you can't get every person on the planet to be vegan, ect). The point is - vegans are responsible for killing animals in a large scale.

The argument meat eaters make just to justify their cruelty...

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    The argument meat eaters make just to justify their cruelty...
    the statement that NPCs make to justify their ignorance

you and your ancestors wouldn't be here without meat

you do know that plants have feelings too right

PRODIGAL SUN

I was gon write up a lot but i see yall just reaching hard as fuck to be mad at something. Cryjng cuz hes a vegan or some shit like anyone cares. Rza did enough in multiple platforms that he can say whatever the fuck he wants imo as hes shown and proved more than any other hip hop artist imo. Guy put on 50 mcs, from nothing. He brought cultures together, from nothing. He intentionally lost money to spread his message, and he can do so whichever way he sees fit imo.

all i see here is hyperbole and a lack of actual bullshit he says. Guys a 5%, they relate everything together so of course rza gon sound a lil ehh sometimes but enough to say hes full of shit? For all the dumb shit yall say he says, he sure achieved more than all the ones around him talking bad about him.

maybe yall should pay attention instead of hating. But, this is wu corp. id never expect anything but hate the 20+ years i been here.

instead of simply saying 'mumm ra is right, you cant be vegan without harming animals if you arent harvesting your own personal garden' and 'rza's stance is technically wrong on this topic' we have these social justice warriors sucking their own dick for woke points while simultaneously changing the subject. this is why I rarely share views online these days

Prospect

Does Rza say stupid shit from time to time?

Obviously every human who walked this rock has.

Has Rza gone Hollywood?
    Well considering his last LP was 13 years ago
    and I’m a fan of the musician not whatever
    It is he considers himself out here. For sure.

He is a legend I’m a peasant I will take the music
    When it comes…if it ever does. I ignore the rest.

Rza is the Tom Brady of hiphop. His legacy is unfuckwitable

Shaolin Master

when I was 15 years old I thought RZA was one of the smartest and wisest dudes ever, but 20 years later I take it with a grain of salt. He's still a better role model than 99% of shit out there but I'd much sooner listen to Jordan Petersen or Kevin Samuels for nuggets of wisdom. But he's the mind that made Wu-Tang Clan so it's whatever, god bless the man.

When I hear RZA still cling on to veganism and claim 'why should you have to kill something in order to eat' it's a little cringy now, seeing as harvesting the plants he eats kills WAY more animals than a slaughter house. I don't give a shit if that's his choice, but his reasoning makes no logical sense.
    Knowledge from Jordan Peterson lolz
    He would be in the same tier as rza actually, only hes more delusional

you're arguing like a woman. Unless you want to tell me zero animals die in the process of crop harvesting - you're wrong and creating a side argument that is separate from my main point.

You claimed that more animals die from vegan lifestyles than meat eating ones. Which is factually incorrect.

Its not even remotely practical for everybody to go out hunting ffs.

Lolz @ people who think because Rza has achieved a lot it's blasphemy to say it's excruciatingly unbearable when he gets on an album and starts trying to talk all wise and deep like he's some kind of sage.

What the fuck has anything he's achieved got to do with ancient wisdom, or whatever the fuck it is he's trying to go for with his horrible little insights?

noel it'd be dope if on the next Three Emcees album yall each had a skit dropping some tongue in cheek wisdom, Pretty Toney style. That'd be a hoot.
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    i agree with this. It shows that he actually has a strong sense of vision etc. Especially compared to the other members and other people in hip hop in general. If the other side of the coin is unnecessary beverly hills buddism quotes, that's fine.
    Beverly Hills Buddhism quotes, LMAO. Sounds on point though. He could feature as a character in GTA V, just as himself, and would fit right in. The quotes he sometimes puts on social, I recall they led to some wild discussions with me an friends. Like how does this work. And this just to far out there, and not grounded in reality.

The other thing you have with his quotes, and this also goes for him speaking. I always follow them up with Bong Bong in my head. He has used this so much, that it has become a sort of ridiculing catchphrase.

And what do y'all mean by managing the legacy of Wu-Tang. You mean how they did the 4-part documentary & now the tv-series? Because that has been done properly. Same for how he branched out into 36 Chambers with the films and the commentary. (Has anybody ever watched that by the way? I never got around to it.) But the releases, the albums, that sort of feels like a mess to me. Is anything being done with that? Besides the hipster vinyl re-releases?

One last thing that did not really help RZA, is the amount of promised projects. But this is of course a Wu-Tang thing. Wu-Electronics? Wu-Filmz? The Cure? In Stereo Instrumentals? Abbott & The Monk? (After that meditation EP he should make that records with Dirty talking in the studio, and just put some nice beats under there like he did for Guided Explorations.) New album 99% done? It's always like he talks with a lot of enthusiasm about one thing, but we just have to see if he holds his interest in the long run. And the project actually materializes.

LOL at this thread changing into a discussion about eating animals. The RZA quote was pretty far I think. But a lot of things need to be looked into if we are talking about sustainability of good. A mono culture, be it for meat be it for vegetables, is never good. Neither is a culture in which the product are grown half way around the earth. In my opinion agriculture needs a huge overhaul, where we do not have mono culture which require an abundance of water within areas which are known to have not a lot of water. (Like palm trees in California.) You need to look at a more diverse, local, and seasonable solution.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shahcronz View Post
    Knowledge from Jordan Peterson lolz
    He would be in the same tier as rza actually, only hes more delusional
    I was sort of thinking the same. Rather listen to some lectures by Slavoj Zizek.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

Prospect

No one is denying rza can say cringe shit.
    You said you can’t take him seriously because he says cringe shit.
    Personally I think he fell off a cliff when it comes to making music which
    as my favorite musician sucks and imo is far worse.

Not trying to attack just wtf? You a 5%? If not than why doesn’t the
    Entire catalogue make you cringe. No one needs insight from a hiphop
    artist. It’s art. If it speaks to you take it if not leave it. If we start eliminating
    the dumb shit sayers everyone is gone.

I get your point nonetheless, his interviews are far worse though than anything
    He has put on records. I just think it’s a little naïve to write someone off because
    of a few dumb quotes or phrases. Every person who follows a religion is
    automatically gone. Talk about cringe.

RZA does have an eclectic worldview. I think that was always evident in Wu though - everything from comic books to chess, kung fu, 5%, globalization, eastern philosophy etc. Obviously some of those things create a bit of cognitive dissonance.

He has a lot of wisdom but I think he simplifies things to make his points, and he has a lot of analogies and talking points that are contradictory.

Still he does better than most. Hes more interesting in interviews than most celebs, just because he usually has a different take on things than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by wt36 View Post
    No one is denying rza can say cringe shit.
    You said you can’t take him seriously because he says cringe shit.
    Personally I think he fell off a cliff when it comes to making music which
    as my favorite musician sucks and imo is far worse.

Not trying to attack just wtf? You a 5%? If not than why doesn’t the
    Entire catalogue make you cringe. No one needs insight from a hiphop
    artist. It’s art. If it speaks to you take it if not leave it. If we start eliminating
    the dumb shit sayers everyone is gone.

I get your point nonetheless, his interviews are far worse though than anything
    He has put on records. I just think it’s a little naïve to write someone off because
    of a few dumb quotes or phrases. Every person who follows a religion is
    automatically gone. Talk about cringe.
    It makes me cringe pretty much whenever any of them try to 'drop knowledge'. In a spoken form, like Rae or Ghost might occasionally do, there is nothing worse or more embarrassing. Thankfully despite pretending their music is about educating the youth or some ridiculous shit, it's not at all, and it's actually just like any other hip hop.

I don't mind when they rap about actual problems in the black community and that kind of shit. I think that's good. It's just when any of them act like they're actually some kind of deep thinker who people look to for their wise insights, it's fucking painful to hear.
    Last edited by noel411; 12-09-2021 at 03:42 PM.