Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 'New technology' sucks and earpods are lame

Default 'New technology' sucks and earpods are lame

I feel like they haven't invented anything since 1991. They just keep making shit not last as long or apply a gimmick to it that doesn't address any real problems and we just run with it. It's gotten to the point that the new shit can be counted on to suck more than the old shit.

wtf are ear pods and why don't phones have headphone jacks? What problem does that solve? They fall out of your ear, you have to charge them, they're easy to lose and they don't last a full year. Even 'the good ones'. Imagine charging your phone to listen to music and charge your head phones. Then being happy that you now have to charge your headphones and they run out of battery. You can't even see how much battery it has, you just get a stupid noise in your ear when it's too late. What problem did this solve?

Same with 'new phones'. I got the next samsung that isn't that flip foldy one, and there's absolutely no difference from the previous one.

I'm sure I've reached the point of being the old guy complaining about new stuff, but I can objectively say that consumer technology hasn't improved since I was born. They just find way to be put stuff in screens and make the screen more clear (to the point of stupidity). That's not improvement

I think about 5 years between phones is a good interval, I need a new one soon. In 5 years the tech has moved on enough to be an improvement.

Apple and these other corporations just put them out each year cos it makes money.

The modern cellphone in general is a completely transformative object though. It has changed society and peoples lives (for better or worse) more than anything else I can think of.

Earpods are wack. Maybe in 10 years they'll have perfected them.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw TSA, its only gonna get worse lol. You've got another 50 years of life of getting frustrated and confused by technology and social trends. Faster and weirder changes than every previous generation.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    I feel like they haven't invented anything since 1991. They just keep making shit not last as long or apply a gimmick to it that doesn't address any real problems and we just run with it. It's gotten to the point that the new shit can be counted on to suck more than the old shit.

wtf are ear pods and why don't phones have headphone jacks? What problem does that solve? They fall out of your ear, you have to charge them, they're easy to lose and they don't last a full year. Even 'the good ones'. Imagine charging your phone to listen to music and charge your head phones. Then being happy that you now have to charge your headphones and they run out of battery. You can't even see how much battery it has, you just get a stupid noise in your ear when it's too late. What problem did this solve?

Same with 'new phones'. I got the next samsung that isn't that flip foldy one, and there's absolutely no difference from the previous one.

I'm sure I've reached the point of being the old guy complaining about new stuff, but I can objectively say that consumer technology hasn't improved since I was born. They just find way to be put stuff in screens and make the screen more clear (to the point of stupidity). That's not improvement

It’s the new cocaine,the new heroine, the new crack the new opiate.

Looking for that next high that’s better when it’s the same high you had 20 years ago. You’re just more addicted now and need it more often.

Banned

I had an iPhone 6 or something and it was down for, after maybe 4-5 years so when I went to get a new one they tried to sell me on that 1200 dollar bullshit. But I didn’t really need anything extra. I just needed what the phone I already had does.

So I bought the better version of the 6… the 6s I don’t know. Think it was like 2 or 300.

There’s only a certain amount of tech I need. I don’t care if the camera is slightly better. I can’t tell the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooch View Post
    ItÂ’s the new cocaine,the new heroine, the new crack the new opiate.

Looking for that next high thatÂ’s better when itÂ’s the same high you had 20 years ago. YouÂ’re just more addicted now and need it more often.

I'm cool with them making their little stupid shit for the ppl that like them, but they also take away the previous ones that nothing was wrong with. I can confidently say that absolutely nothing has improved between the first phone I every had that had internet access and the bullshit I have to use now. It 'got faster' but has worst battery life and 'got better resolution' but you have to by a fucking shield of armor so it doesn't break when you gently place it on a table.

At least the old men of the past that throught the shithole cars of the 90s and early 00s were shit could still go buy a classic. But today they would make the shit car, then change the shape of gas pumps so that the old cars are unusable lol.

The only thing I do with phones that give me joy is listening to music or podcasts when I'm doing something robotic like working out, washing my car or cleaning. Now I have to make sure these like shit buds are charged, make sure the phone is charged, put them in my head and try not to move too fast. Worst, the over head headphones have chargers now to. How the fuck is that an improvement?

{>____<}

TSA, head over ear headphones are worth it. I've had the same pair for four years.

I don't mind high end tech phones. That Samsung S21 Plus is a great phone as well as the new iPhone 13 Pro.

This may not fly well with people but I don't like technology in cars. Touchscreens in cars and sensors take away the driving experience and fun.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

People do look goofy with those EarPods sticking out their ears all day.

Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    TSA, head over ear headphones are worth it. I've had the same pair for four years.

I don't mind high end tech phones. That Samsung S21 Plus is a great phone as well as the new iPhone 13 Pro.

This may not fly well with people but I don't like technology in cars. Touchscreens in cars and sensors take away the driving experience and fun.
    Yeah fuck all that jetsons shit. I wanna feel like I'm driving a car

The ABBOTT

The latest vehicles don't come with standard CD, which is understandable. So, if you want to link up with a streaming service it should be easy task. But in my experience not so much. I have tried out a few different platforms, it is almost if they want to you purchase something that comes standard with apple play or Android auto. Maybe I haven't found the right configuration though. Any have insight to this issue?

Touchscreens and touch controls in cars are the worst fucking thing. The newer Audi's have touch controls its fucking horrendous. They got rid of the touch crap in the E-tron RS Quattro their electric car cause it ruins the user experience, all the others have it though.

As for headphones, for working out wireless earbuds or good but you need the ones that have that hook that goes around your ear. Other than that you're paying over £200 for a pair that sound the same as a set of wired earphones which cost half the price. It's fucking Apple forcing this crap on ppl.

Quote Originally Posted by b-dolo View Post
    The latest vehicles don't come with standard CD, which is understandable. So, if you want to link up with a streaming service it should be easy task. But in my experience not so much. I have tried out a few different platforms, it is almost if they want to you purchase something that comes standard with apple play or Android auto. Maybe I haven't found the right configuration though. Any have insight to this issue?
    exactly, the shit doesn't get easier to use or more convenient. Sometimes it closes the door on one issue but then it opens another and right now add a screen = advancement. I'm supposed to have some dumbass bluetooth thing in my car but I don't use it because nobody has time for all of that. If the previous process was picking up a CD and putting it into a device, the next process shouldn't have 3 steps and a waiting period, not counting picking the song. Tf?

Banned

I don’t even listen to music in the car anymore. If I want to hear something I put on the old jazz/big band station.

It’s soothing. Simple. Not depressing and angry. Natural sound from actual instruments.

You guys sound ancient.

I always just use the music on my phone or spotify and a headphone jack. It is literally as simple as a CD player.

I just play youtube videos off my phone. Which, best case scenario with the bluetooth thing in the car, that's what i'd be doing anyways.
    It's not even about sounding ancient. I think marketing gimmicks have gotten in the way of actual innovation and invention. I could imagine how going for vinyl to CD was more convenient. Then CD to digital I witnessed and it was way more convenient. Since CD to digital tf has happened?

'Streaming' (literally listening to the radio only on a phone/ barely defined marketing gimmick term that means what you've been doing the whole time)
    Making it impossible to download songs
    Putting ads on songs
    Making music a monthly bill
    ?
    All of these things are objectively worst than the previous options to the point that people are deliberately buying vinyl and tapes.

Quote Originally Posted by HANZO View Post
    As for headphones, for working out wireless earbuds or good but you need the ones that have that hook that goes around your ear. Other than that you're paying over £200 for a pair that sound the same as a set of wired earphones which cost half the price. It's fucking Apple forcing this crap on ppl.
    I love air pods you know how many times my old head phones lost sound and I had to replace them? (Mind you I didnÂ’t have Dr Dre beats or anything like that). Air pods are cool you just charge them connect them to your phone, throw them in your pocket and your good for the whole day?

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    I just play youtube videos off my phone. Which, best case scenario with the bluetooth thing in the car, that's what i'd be doing anyways.
    Me too

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    You guys sound ancient.

YeahÂ…..You donÂ’t have to pretend you 21 anymore and understand anything and everything thatÂ’s current or trending in this new age but you should embrace some of the new changes. I just see whatÂ’s on the market and then relate it to my own childhood/mentality to see if it works for me or not?

peace
    Last edited by zooruka; 12-11-2021 at 03:32 PM.