Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 'New technology' sucks and earpods are lame

the new south parks take on 'the future' is more accurate than any sci-fi i've ever seen and is exactly what I'm talking about in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    the new south parks take on 'the future' is more accurate than any sci-fi i've ever seen and is exactly what I'm talking about in this thread.
    The Alexa's are spot on. There was an episode where an Amazon warehouse was built in the town and they pretty much nailed the Amazon experience.

I nearly had a heart attack when I saw Rabbi Cartmen in the South Park specials.

I should watch the new SP, I think I've seen every episode so far, and they usually have dead on takes.

The problem with technology is by the time somebody's invented something and thrown it out there, nobody gives a shit. It's already mundane.

In a few hundred years when cancer is cured and theres vacation spots on the moons of Jupiter, people will still be pissed off that they haven't visited Andromeda or made a toaster that works properly etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    I should watch the new SP, I think I've seen every episode so far, and they usually have dead on takes.

The problem with technology is by the time somebody's invented something and thrown it out there, nobody gives a shit. It's already mundane.

In a few hundred years when cancer is cured and theres vacation spots on the moons of Jupiter, people will still be pissed off that they haven't visited Andromeda or made a toaster that works properly etc.
    No a bad point but what would you consider a few years? 2 decades? I cant think of anything non-screen/entertainment for related that has changed since 1990. Shit looks sleeker and or info is accessible. From walkman to airpods is really not that big a leap. Especially since they already had wireless headsets 20 years before that. Only bigger

The worst part is there has been actual innovation but incorporating into society has been lackluster. Technology is a seasoning for serving up entertainment and self indulgence atm. So if able to go to shithole moons on jupiter it will just be a bunch of strip malls and Marshalls there and Ns walking around with no wires on their even smaller head phones.

I said a few hundred years. I was just saying its human nature. Things are never perfect, or humans are never satisfied.

Blame the free market eg anybody with the money and lack of sense to support these companies.

You guys sound ancient.

I always just use the music on my phone or spotify and a headphone jack. It is literally as simple as a CD player.
    Most newer phones don't come with phone jacks 😒 it's such a rip off too because they don't come with head phones either. I miss the old analog days. Fuck Bluetooth.

air pods are all the same. the $15 big lots version work exactly the same as $299 apple regime ones. only difference is that they dont have the apple regime logo slapped

https://www.biglots.com/product/unic...920984&pos=1:2

Quote Originally Posted by Blackula Spectacula View Post
    Most newer phones don't come with phone jacks 😒 it's such a rip off too because they don't come with head phones either. I miss the old analog days. Fuck Bluetooth.
    Thats weak. If the phones with jacks still sell I think some companies will keep making them at least.

Banned

Thats weak. If the phones with jacks still sell I think some companies will keep making them at least.
    How about you take that dumb ass Drake song out of your signature. I always tap on it when I scroll.

i don't believe Shadynasty thinks head phone plugs disappeared because the demand wasn't there because I don't remember a time where you had 2 options. They all got rid of their headphone jacks at the same time then all the previous phones went to shit as they were programmed to.

that alone is exactly what I'm talking about

Banned

Here’s another example of annoying technology.

We got that hbo max on Roku tv. Well it’s got some bug in the software now where you can’t play the movies. It’s been an ongoing problem in these “apps” for about 6 months now.

To fix it you gotta do all this shit you’d do to fix your computer, now on your TV.

But you still can fix it and they’re still figuring it out.

Before, this wasn’t even though of as an issue when using cable. Just didn’t happen. Only time there was a problem was if the power went out.

Never got into steaming stuff because of this. Didn’t make the experience any better.

I’m only subscribed for many saints of Newark and that sucked.
    Last edited by Dooch; 01-05-2022 at 08:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooch View Post
    Here’s another example of annoying technology.

We got that hbo max on Roku tv. Well it’s got some bug in the software now where you can’t play the movies. It’s been an ongoing problem in these “apps” for about 6 months now.

To fix it you gotta do all this shit you’d do to fix your computer, now on your TV.

But you still can fix it and they’re still figuring it out.

Before, this wasn’t even though of as an issue when using cable. Just didn’t happen. Only time there was a problem was if the power went out.

Never got into steaming stuff because of this. Didn’t make the experience any better.

I’m only subscribed for many saints of Newark and that sucked.
    Ah yes, I too experience that problem.

Also hate when you get an app that you pay for like YouTube TV and then they all the sudden lose a bunch of channels...like before they had hbo max you could connect your hbo go to your YouTube app, then they took that away, and then they took a bunch of sports and national geographic channels away...and they have the nerve to hike up their prices at the same time, tf. I stopped subscribing after that nonsense.

Oh google play is gone now, so the movies I had on there are now on my YouTube account and it's so inconvenient to get to and there's no "restart" option... you have rewine the whole movie from the start... the interface is so bad.
    Last edited by Blackula Spectacula; 01-05-2022 at 10:13 AM.

if 15 years ago someone would have said they don't want to say their real thoughts because their devices are listening to them and could use the info against them, the person would sound psycho. Because of 'innovative technology' it's normal accurate speech. I think a lot of things get social authority because it's believe to be a good onto it's self (science, technology, the press). But we're in a situation where none of them are actually serving the purpose or point of said authority.

They literally make devices to be shitter than need be, and gloss over the lack of being about to do new useful things with dumbass marketing gimmicks. The new samsung folds like a wallet, lol. Worst, this shit lives a giant white crack on your screen and ppl are complaining. the next innovation will be 'this one doesn't fold' and we'll be happy at the 'improvement'.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Blackula Spectacula View Post
    Ah yes, I too experience that problem.

Also hate when you get an app that you pay for like YouTube TV and then they all the sudden lose a bunch of channels...like before they had hbo max you could connect your hbo go to your YouTube app, then they took that away, and then they took a bunch of sports and national geographic channels away...and they have the nerve to hike up their prices at the same time, tf. I stopped subscribing after that nonsense.

Oh google play is gone now, so the movies I had on there are now on my YouTube account and it's so inconvenient to get to and there's no "restart" option... you have rewine the whole movie from the start... the interface is so bad.
    It’s moronic. We’ll probably just cancel. Even tho I enjoyed the access to all the extra channels like TCM.

She’s like can you fix it? I said im not sitting here for an hour uninstalling then installing. And then it not work. Fuck it, cancel it. Sell me an app that fucking works next time you dopes.