Thread: '1-900 hustler' song question

Question '1-900 hustler' song question

So I have the album and just now wanted to randomly listen to my fav song off it on YouTube

possibly Memphis Bleek's strongest verse in his career (not trying to joke, being serious). I love the whole song concept and the guy being put on hold midway through is hilarious

But ... there's a remix? (= vid above) With Raekwon? I can't place his verse - can anybody tell me whether it was a verse officially meant for the remix?

All of these years and I never knew there was a remix to one of my fav Roc posse cuts

Does anybody know whether this longer version was originally meant for the album and if so why his verse got cut?

thanks
    Retired.

Doesn't sound official by the transition but it works.

Yeah fantastic song, and one of the best Jay-Z albums in my opinion.

I think this is Rae’s verse from that Blue Eagles joint he dropped in the build up to Cuban Linx II.

It wasn’t originally done for this Jay-Z track. The uploader of the vid on youtube wrote in the comments that he just added Rae’s verse because it sounded dope.

I do feel like someone from Wu has rapped over this beat though, or a different flip of this sample. Can’t put my finger on the track right now and it’s bugging me.

Peace!