View Poll Results: Which album do you prefer?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Remedy Meets Wu-Tang

9 45.00%
  • Cilvaringz I

11 55.00%

Thread: Remedy Meets Wu-Tang vs Cilvaringz I

Default Remedy Meets Wu-Tang vs Cilvaringz I

Both fan meets clan type albums. Bit of a rough comparison as one of them only just came out. I don't really have a vote. Just interested to see where this goes. I'm really enjoying the Remedy album quite a lot, but the Cilvaringz one got plenty of plays back when it came out too. Both solid releases.

I'd like to hear a remix version of the Remedy album w/ fitting Cilvaringz beats from his instrumental releases

as for the albums as they are ... they are both good and I wouldn't know which one to pick. They both have good to excellent beats, great feature selection and they are both competent emcees. on the other hand, the albums don't sound alike

hard pick!
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 12-11-2021 at 05:46 AM.
    Retired.

Great question. I need to have a listen back to both and check. My instinct says Cilvaringz, I know that the production is immaculate on that jawn.

Veteran Member

Tough one but I think I'd go with "I" because I prefer Ringz rhyming vs Remedy. And there really are some classics on there

I played "I" all the way through once this morning to compare. I think it's a more cinematic experience the way the beats, song concepts and features are put together. So imo it has a slight advantage. Definitely two good albums though. I'm glad Remedy came through with the heat in 2021.
    Retired.

I hope the "I" remix project with Poison Flowerz is still happening. He is sitting on some unreleased Killa Beez verses he bought straight from the artists and he has a lot of dope beats that really appeal to me.

It'll boil down to time (he's always involved in various projects at the same time), his health and maybe some additional funds

I hope we get to hear it in 2022
    Retired.

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

Well all those who voted for me, I love you all and merry christmas!

Yeah Cilvaringz I is better. Maybe too many tracks on there though.

Remedy album is solid throughout w/ great features but not as exciting production wise. Plus I think Cilva had a lot more energy/enthusiasm at that time. Crazy to think that was the same year when 8 Diagrams dropped, and Anna Nicole Smith bought the farm.

Cilvaringz' I is definitely the better album IMO... even down to packaging, extras, etc. You can tell there was a shit load of work went in to putting the whole package together, with the liner notes, the DVD, the CD-ROM with all the lyrics and song descriptions, etc.

I don't want to take anything away from the Remedy album, because it's dope for what it is... but it just feels a little more disposable. Possibly because it hasn't had a physical release (yet?) so it just feels like I'll listen to this for a couple of weeks then move on to the next thing.

I agree with ShaDynasty, the production on I is pure flames... I wins hands down production-wise.

Guest verses... I'm going with a tie. That Crazy 8's track is ridiculous, and Ghost sounded dope on all of his verses on the album.

Ringz vs. Remedy - I'd rather listen to Ringz on the mic... I know he was spitting a lot of swingin' swords, chopping necks shit early on... but you can definitely tell that he took time and put some serious effort in to moving away from that and writing something with substance.

Ringz wins for me. But the Remedy joint is still in heavy rotation at the minute.

Peace!

I appreciate both big time but I is better.

Production wise, tracks, features its better.

Lol easily ringz .

Yeah Ringz has better lyrics, and production.

PRODIGAL SUN

I is a personal classic, I still need that version with the alternate cover.