Quote Originally Posted by Jet Set View Post
When talking about 90's hiphop, there is a lot of stories that are only written up in magazines through articles and interviews. Or not even written, and just radio interviews. Which makes one think about the amount of background we are missing. Or the amount of background that is being rewritten through the echo chamber of the internet.

For All Eyez On Me, 'Pac literally picked the best beats from Death Row. My Mind Made Up was a Dogg Pound track. The two Dre tracks were made for Dre's 2nd album.
I agree. Alot of information got lost in time. Internet was new to most people and people got their information from magazines like vibe and xxl. So if noone really have the magazines from that time stored we will not be able to go back and read those articles again. If vibe or xxl post them on their web site. But the job would be humongous so I dont see that happening.

And for all eyez on me yes he got the best music at the time. But he was also one of the most contriversial artists at the time aswell plus hes name was known allready so it makes sense they did gave him a musical push. Even puff daddy gave biggie the best beats from the bad boy camp. He had the hit makers at the time aswell and they were really good producers.

Bonus fact. U cant see me was originally made for the dogg pound. I got that song on my computer and Im sure you can find it on youtube.