Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: washed up raekwon goes clout chasing......declares war on wu tang forever

Default washed up raekwon goes clout chasing......declares war on wu tang forever

Double albums are hard to judge. It's like watching an anthology movie, some stories you like, others you don't (except Tales from the Hood, which is a masterpiece). Anyway, most tracks on Forever are good, some weak ones. Overall, a great album. Definitely could've been better. But not better than Biggie's double album, which had better production, surprisingly

Classic album full stop!. I hate social media now people think they just need to yak for the sake of it. Yeah there are some fillers but so what, you know how hard it is to make a perfect double lp? Rae should stay quite and Wu should slide off into retirement before they do more damage to their legacy.

peace

Shaolin Master

It's Rae tho...this is what he does. Nothing new here.

Got me thinking though...RZA's original idea for Forever was the story album concept- Did anything beyond The Chase ever get recorded for that?

Shaolin Master

He's correct imo, album has 3/4 great tracks, but lacks a bit of cohesion.

Quote Originally Posted by mr rusev View Post
    This troll doesn't even care about content. He made a throwaway thread about Wu Forever being trash like just two days ago that we moved to SID ROW or some such section

Wu Forever is classic

Rae is mad not everybody put 100% into the album and that not every member got the chance to be involved in the direction the album was heading.

Two separate issues, and I understand his point. But criticizing an album most hold dearly doesn't do him any favors. He often comes off as grumpy and ungrateful in the media when discussing the Wu, while actually he's trying to make good points about the value of real group efforts on Wu album.

If I were him I wouldn't bother venting this frustration in the media but he's Grizzly Raekwon and he can do as he bloody well pleases. Maybe think about not shitting on the group legacy just to shift copies of your book though.
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 12-18-2021 at 06:45 AM.
    Retired.

He loves immobilarity and those wack beats

^ Exactly.

I don't like all the shit stirring Raekwon does.

Some artists should just stick to music and skip interviews.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Raekwon lets out his frustration quite often, but almost always has valid back up behind them. U god is just upset because he is the bottom of the totem pole General and will gladly shit on Wu Tang's legacy if it means him getting his point across..

these washed up wu tang dudes need clout

thats how come they are gossiping to dj vlad

Got mad love for you grizzly but you can’t be saying this fugazi Ass shit when you dropped immobilarity and lex diamonds story .
    not the man to be criticizing monumental albums like forever .

Rae & Uey are both loud. Always giving us over 9000 whenever they have an opinion. lol. Forever still solid though.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddah_MAC View Post
    It's Rae tho...this is what he does. Nothing new here.

Got me thinking though...RZA's original idea for Forever was the story album concept- Did anything beyond The Chase ever get recorded for that?
    For real? When was this discussed? Because I think I missed the info about that. The only thing I can recall, is RZA wanting to name it 8 Diagrams.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

Eastern village

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Set View Post

Rae & Uey are both loud. Always giving us over 9000 whenever they have an opinion. lol. Forever still solid though.

For real? When was this discussed? Because I think I missed the info about that. The only thing I can recall, is RZA wanting to name it 8 Diagrams.
    Valentines massacre was on the table for the forever album before it got settled to be named forever.

Also I read biggies album had better beats? Not in my book though. 2pacs all eyez on me had better beats then biggies double album. Forever was in a diffrent leauge at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydee3 View Post
    Valentines massacre was on the table for the forever album before it got settled to be named forever.

Also I read biggies album had better beats? Not in my book though. 2pacs all eyez on me had better beats then biggies double album. Forever was in a diffrent leauge at the time.
    When talking about 90's hiphop, there is a lot of stories that are only written up in magazines through articles and interviews. Or not even written, and just radio interviews. Which makes one think about the amount of background we are missing. Or the amount of background that is being rewritten through the echo chamber of the internet.

For All Eyez On Me, 'Pac literally picked the best beats from Death Row. My Mind Made Up was a Dogg Pound track. The two Dre tracks were made for Dre's 2nd album.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

wu tang forever is very boring

i listened to 45 seconds of track 1 and they rambled about eating pizza in a basement