Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: raekwon gets even more desperate for clout....declares war on a z list wu tang member

Default raekwon gets even more desperate for clout....declares war on a z list wu tang member

his book went triple uranium

Quote Originally Posted by mr rusev View Post
    his book went triple uranium
    Jokes aside, the fact that he got a mainstream publisher like Simon & Schuster to publish his book is astonishing. I had a friend take his own life because that same publisher rejected his novel after stringing him along for too long

People are calling this a RZA/Wu smear campaign.

Not a good look for anyone involved.

- - - Updated - - -

He called RZA a cult leader, implied that Ghost & Aaliyah were a thing and so on. I know its at least partly to push his sales but its a bad look.

I honestly don’t know what Rae think’s he’s revealing here? Everyone knows Divine and to a lesser extent Rza are shady? Rza’s a good dude though.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Never heard the Ghostface and Aaliyah thing before. I guess that explains some of the Wu Tang/Rocafella beef. I wonder if Raekwon will Prodigy himself with his book and make everybody hate him after it is released?

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    People are calling this a RZA/Wu smear campaign.

Not a good look for anyone involved.

- - - Updated - - -

He called RZA a cult leader, implied that Ghost & Aaliyah were a thing and so on. I know its at least partly to push his sales but its a bad look.
    More and more this looks like a RZA/Wu smear campaign. Which is dumb if you think about it. People are talking about this soap opera bullshit, instead of his book. Even saw the comments on YT saying just because he talks like a talk, doesn't mean he is not on some soap opera drama. (Plus I wonder if RZA will notice any of this on a professional level.)

And by now it should be clear that Vlad is fishing for headlines, clickbait & drama. He always hears two sides of the same story. And would rarely ask the other side for comments. In this case it is well documented that Divine was a business man doing business, and some of the guys were on a friend level saying it ain't right. Only an opening of the books could tell the through story about the finances of Wu. For now we are left with some TMZ E! type headlines shit. And a very sour & angry Raekwon putting his leader on blast.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

I was going to ask... from any perspective... be it from a street perspective or a professional perspective or whatever, how do you guys feel about anyone for that matter speaking on issues in the fashion issues are spoken about on a platform like Vlad's or Breakfast Club, etc. This airing out of what seems to be private issues or speaking accusations without the opposing party (the accused) present to defend themselves on the spot... how do you guys feel about that and be honest about it.

I'm asking because for years I contemplated partaking in the same fashion against accusations publically thrown at me and always at the last minute I pulled out because as tempting as it was to defend yourself or show evidence or strike back with the actual truth of things, I never wanted to be pulled into this game. It felt like something below my standards of professional conduct.

But if you think of it, there are times where I, like anyone, enjoy anecdotal stories about how albums were made, what song was almost cut, who came up with the idea of, etc etc. And truth be told, it is fascinating to hear what really happened behind the scenes of certain groups and labels and between people etc. But ofcourse, it's never what really happened. It's what happened according to the person telling it.

Having been on the side of being accused of things, I've tried to ride it out and stay quiet. But when I watch Vlad's stuff, whomever artist is being interviewed, it feels like most these artists have wounds to speak about, wrongs they need to right, rights that were wronged and so the whole thing almost seems like therapy. The question then becomes, should this therapy version of interviews happen on a public platform or should this really happen behind closed doors.

Accussations that occur one sided can really damage reputations these days. It's a dangerous liberty to have because it's powerful enough to destroy.

I'm happy to see some comments lean towards balance and witholding of judgement. But I wonder if we'd all be happy if we wouldn't hear about private issues as much anymore, or if by nature we're inclined to find far more interest in gossip and despite of what we say about it, we'd always listen.

Because the problem isn't Vlad, he does his job and he does it very well, like it or not. Noone pushed anyone to say anything. An invite is extended and then declined or accepted. If accepted, a question is asked and then answered voluntarily. You know what you're up for once you sit on that chair.
    Last edited by Cilvaringz; 12-29-2021 at 05:16 AM.

nada ignorante

Seems Raekwon is desperate for clout lately.... not a good look for the Wu
    N.I.

@ Cilva : I wouldn't go on the record to set things straight. Even when you back up what happened with evidence (messages etc) a lot of people will still not be inclined to believe it. trust me, I know from experience both online and offline -don't we all for that matter?

You risk coming off like Rae, Uey and the likes - permanently ill-tempered and petty seeming. While maybe in real life they are not.

It's different when you just share historical anecdotes that don't put anyone involved in a bad light. Then of course, people STILL take offense to their name just being mentioned, so it's a difficult call.

Do you, stay healthy, let the musical output and other forms of artistry speak for itself.

It is VERY hard to win a shouting war. People will be telling 65% of truth and mix that with 35% of stuff that makes them come off better than with really happened in a situation. It's just not worth it.
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 12-29-2021 at 08:37 AM.
    Retired.

@Cilvaringz

i aint readin your rambling essay. wu tang is a binch of washed up gossiping 50 year old mumble rappers who desperately need clout. the ghostface raekwon versuz was easily the most boring of all time. 3 hours of very mediocore mumble rap

Rae is doing a fantastic job at ruining any kind of good will/positivity as the Clan is having a resurgence of relevance the past couple of years.

There’s no point to him talking this kind of shit right now, it only hurts where the Clan is at today and judging FILA and his last forgettable album he is out of touch himself.

Don’t get me started how fucking horrible Immobilarity was. I’m still sour about that all those years later, he talks shit about beats when he’s one of the worst beat pickers in the Clan.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

If both parties mutually agreed to discuss the issue at hand with both present in the same room, then yes, I am all for it.

the great martin shkreli saved what was left of wu tang so called "legacy" by buying the cd nobody can supposedly hear for 88 years

i tried to listen to wu tang debut cd and fell asleep 30 seconds into their only hit "cream"

Cmon grizzly
    this ain’t g man. Not you telling vlad shit like this….

Eastern village

Just ignore this loser. Someone should ban him from the forum since hes just posting garbage posts. Someone give mr rusev the shaolin finger jab outta here so he can listen to hes smurf hits albums.