Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: raekwon gets even more desperate for clout....declares war on a z list wu tang member

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

Yup cool! Anything interesting about OUATIS on there?

I've managed to convert my ebook version to pdf...

https://mega.nz/file/1n40QCCY#E_zUdE...TXzYTGW6yU6kiA

I'm not sure if all of the formatting will have carried over correctly, but it looked ok at a glance.

Peace!

Quote Originally Posted by Pattch82 View Post
    I’ve got the audiobook if anyone wants it?

Let me know.

Peace!
    I bought a signed copy but have no time to read the book.. I’d take it!

Shaolin Master

Quote Originally Posted by David Daniel Davis View Post
    Never heard the Ghostface and Aaliyah thing before. I guess that explains some of the Wu Tang/Rocafella beef. I wonder if Raekwon will Prodigy himself with his book and make everybody hate him after it is released?
    It's why RZA made Gravel Pit intended for Aaliyah (back back, forth & forth)- she was around during those W sessions b/c she was w/ Ghost for a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddah_MAC View Post
    It's why RZA made Gravel Pit intended for Aaliyah (back back, forth & forth)- she was around during those W sessions b/c she was w/ Ghost for a minute.
    Post your footnotes please.

That's dope if its true. I love the song as is, but I can easily hear her voice on that.

Shaolin Master

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    Post your footnotes please.

That's dope if its true. I love the song as is, but I can easily hear her voice on that.

5:15-5:56

Oh yeah RZA says he wrote it for her.

The song was finished and released long before she died though, when she was with Dame Dash.

Shaolin Master

Oh yeah RZA says he wrote it for her.

The song was finished and released long before she died though, when she was with Dame Dash.
    He just says it didn't happen and then Whoo Kid says "RIP" guessing it was because she passed. It probably didn't happen b/c her & Ghost split or she read RZA's lyrics for the hook and bounced w/o recording it. " 'Check out my gravel pit???' Nah, yall can keep this one."

Haha, yeah its not a very flattering analogy.

Check out my crusty tower block.

Shaolin Master

Haha, yeah its not a very flattering analogy.

Check out my crusty tower block.
    RZA's like, "Aaliyah! I got the perfect song for you and the opening line you refer to your vagina as a giant dusty hole of broken down rocks!" That ain't it Bobby...

PRODIGAL SUN

Raekwon and in general the entire mainstream was unfair in characterizing rza as wack in 98-now. Bobby digital wasnt totally wack like people said it was. Birth if the prunce also a better album than most raes solos. I loved 98 rae but he spread himself to too many people and didnt focus enough on having enough for himself. All his best tracks he dropped in his immobilarity era were on other albums and soundtracks. He went for money. And hurt his album. Lex diamond ugh 2003 worst wu year ever sides the rza. I literally see people say the ghost dog soundtrack was wack and remember deck saying it was wack like are you out of your fucking mind. That style alone was what brought the styles of madlib and jdilla 5 plus years later. Even iron flag had some great beats. The w was better than some so called classics from lesser groups. 8 diagrams even imo while rza made some MAJOR mistakes there, he still had a little something. Its like after a while you might get only 5/6/7 classic songs, half filler.

by abt i think theyre all done. The music now has no soul. Theres no concepts. Its like they all have been going in randomly since the beginning but the style developed so much that they cant go back to that and have to take it to the next level but rarely do these days. Im a wutang fan to death, there isnt a rapper alive who hasnt fallen off over time. I accept they were the best the game ever saw and still play the music regularly. But new stuff? Idk. cuban 3. For sure. Supreme C2 as well.
    Last edited by ForensikZ; 01-04-2022 at 01:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ForensikZ View Post
    There isnt a rapper alive who hasnt fallen off over time.
    I understand what you mean. Most of the clan members can still spit some poisonous shit (recent stuff i heard from Meth and Ghost was good, for example), but the consistency that they had back in the day isn't there obviously.

Outside of the clan the only rapper that comes to my mind, who i would argue, got even better with time, is R.A. The Rugged Man. His last album was like a breath of fresh air. One of the best albums in past 5-10 years for me.

Another one might be Evidence. But he has gone through some rough shit recently and it made a huge impact on his music. Too personal for me at times, but the quality is still there. Never miss his stuff.

I might be forgetting someone. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    Anyone got the Rae book in PDF? cant order that shit here in Morocco and dont have a kindle

Was trying to order it in the EU. And it seems that a physical copy won't be available untill 2-3 weeks. But that was like 2 weeks ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ForensikZ View Post
    Raekwon and in general the entire mainstream was unfair in characterizing rza as wack in 98-now. Bobby digital wasnt totally wack like people said it was. Birth if the prunce also a better album than most raes solos. I loved 98 rae but he spread himself to too many people and didnt focus enough on having enough for himself. All his best tracks he dropped in his immobilarity era were on other albums and soundtracks. He went for money. And hurt his album. Lex diamond ugh 2003 worst wu year ever sides the rza. I literally see people say the ghost dog soundtrack was wack and remember deck saying it was wack like are you out of your fucking mind. That style alone was what brought the styles of madlib and jdilla 5 plus years later. Even iron flag had some great beats. The w was better than some so called classics from lesser groups. 8 diagrams even imo while rza made some MAJOR mistakes there, he still had a little something. Its like after a while you might get only 5/6/7 classic songs, half filler.

by abt i think theyre all done. The music now has no soul. Theres no concepts. Its like they all have been going in randomly since the beginning but the style developed so much that they cant go back to that and have to take it to the next level but rarely do these days. Im a wutang fan to death, there isnt a rapper alive who hasnt fallen off over time. I accept they were the best the game ever saw and still play the music regularly. But new stuff? Idk. cuban 3. For sure. Supreme C2 as well.
    The Ghost Dog soundtrack & the score are insane. Maybe not what people were expecting or wanted, but they sure are amazing.

8 Diagrams, if you listen to it, that album really had some greatness there. Some of the production was really solid and bombastic. But that was just cancelled out by tracks like Starter with their terrible hooks. (And what up with that disco version remix of Wolves.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Buddah_MAC View Post
    Shiiiit, how did I miss this for all those years?
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

Concerning the lack of investment from several membres during Forever, I remember reading this french magazine 1fichier.com: Cloud Storage

It was an incredible issue for a french magazine, every members interviewed, that's where I discovered who the Wu Elements where, I learned about the Killa Beez. And it makes me think about what Rae tells in the Vlad interview. All members where barely talking about the Forever album, even if it was about to be released, they were primaly talking about their solo careers, the next solo project...
    A wise man knows his limitations.

泣きたくなるの

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    Anyone got the Rae book in PDF? cant order that shit here in Morocco and dont have a kindle

your a washed up z list wu tang groupie