Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: raekwon gets even more desperate for clout....declares war on a z list wu tang member

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    Anyone got the Rae book in PDF? cant order that shit here in Morocco and dont have a kindle
    Kindle ?
    It can be read with tablets, laptops and even smartphones : https://books.apple.com/fr/book/from...e/id1557334777

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    Yup cool! Anything interesting about OUATIS on there?
    Not a single word.
    Last edited by Antonelli; 01-04-2022 at 11:01 AM.

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

Actually there was some:

THERE have been two more Wu-Tang records since A Better Tomorrow, and I ain’t got much to say about either of them. I’m only on two songs on The Saga Continues (2017), but I thought Mathematics did a good job on the production, bringing it back to some street shit. And Once Upon a Time in Shaolin (2015) wasn’t something any of us besides RZA was a part of. That album was made from preexisting verses that RZA and the other producer, Cilvaringz, had collected over the years. RZA had signed Cilvaringz to Wu-Tang management years ago and we all worked with from time to time, both as the group and on some of our solo albums. He would give guys beats and not charge them, in exchange for verses. So between shit he’d collected from most of us over the years and the many extra verses RZA had, the two of them had enough material for this concept record. He and RZA took it a step further and came up with the idea of hiring an artist to make a custom silver box and pressing just one copy of this Frankenstein album. They took all these vocals that were done in other situations, created the shit, and auctioned it o for two million dollars to that Pharma Bro guy and convicted felon Martin Shkreli.

It’s some of the dirtiest shit I’ve ever heard of. But I can’t say more about it because I’m still involved in a lawsuit related to the album. The artist who built the very intricate and beautiful silver box sued everyone in the Clan for damages because he never got paid. He’d done the deal with Cilvaringz, who is Dutch- Moroccan, not a US citizen, and lives in Morocco now. He can’t be tracked down, so this artist is suing those of us he can nd. I don’t know the terms of his deal because I wasn’t involved, but he went after all of us. He claimed that we promoted the album, which I know I never did. RZA settled, and I think most of the other guys have settled by now too, but I haven’t. I have a lot of thoughts on it, but I’ve been deposed for the case and can’t say any more because it’s ongoing.

I never met Martin Shkreli. I was never down with that deal, and I didn’t get money out of it. In fact, I got nothing except a lawsuit. I know that thirteen minutes of the album were played for a crowd of about a hundred before they did the auction, but I don’t have the slightest clue what the songs are or what any of it sounds like. That’s whatever, but to then allow it to be sold to the guy who hiked the price on a life-saving HIV drug 5,000 percent? That’s fucking disgraceful. I don’t care if he won the auction, RZA should not have allowed him to get the album.
    The story got even weirder when Shkreli threatened Ghostface. Ghost had called him a shithead for raising the price of the drug. Shkreli demanded an apology in a YouTube video with these masked goons behind him. Ghost got him back with a video featuring some girls scolding the guy and all kinds of hilarious digs. That shit was funny, but the rest of this asco was despicable. That Shkreli guy is not only a criminal and a villain; he’s also really crazy.

That album just goes to show there will never be a group with a story like ours, man. We made the impossible possible. When we were all together in the streets, I didn’t know where we were going. I never imagined we’d be here twenty-ve years later, still sticking it out. We are doing the best we can, coming from an environment that taught us nothing but survival. It’s been the illest experience of my whole life, loving something that I also can’t fucking stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddah_MAC View Post
    It's why RZA made Gravel Pit intended for Aaliyah (back back, forth & forth)- she was around during those W sessions b/c she was w/ Ghost for a minute.
    Dope.

Is this in Rae's book?

The W was a great album cause it presented the Wu to younger millennials (like myself) and it went multi-platinum.

But unfortunately, Iron Flag was rushed to insanity. From what I remember they were under Steve Riffkind's pressure to drop an album cause the label had problems.

In the doc RZA said something like - I let my brothers go at the point when hip hop was becoming a billion dollar industry, or something like that. Dame and Jay controlled the ROC as if it was a chinese labor camp, and I beleive the same could be said about the organizations from the South - Master P's, Cash Money etc. RZA went full liberal and got wrecked by the industry (although it was fair and done with brotherly love).

Quote Originally Posted by SL33 View Post
    The W was a great album cause it presented the Wu to younger millennials (like myself) and it went multi-platinum.
    BIG cosign! Last classic Clan album (classic as in can listen from beginning to end w/out skipping any songs) and last one to have a cohesive album feel (imo). The songs plus skits where sequenced in a way that flowed so well thematically! Its 2000 release was ironic for not only ending the millenium but in a way also the era of Clan in the Front...
    Last edited by MikeAll; 01-05-2022 at 08:30 PM. Reason: spelling error

Yo… why is grizzly capping? Dude charged ringz and RZA like 160k a verse for that OATIS album. What is he doing right now? Why is he acting like he wasn’t actively involved and part of it ? Wtf