Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Canibus - Kaiju (FULL ALBUM) 2021

THE QUIET SOLDIER

Default Canibus - Kaiju (FULL ALBUM) 2021

Canibus is back!

”Still craps and lies” Andy Warhov's Avatar

Canibus be saying shit like strip you naked then hug a cactus.

He fuckin blows an you can quote me on that

With better production, Canibus could've become an MF Doom type that the weirdo kids like so much. I like the story of how he gave his verses to Stoupe from Jedi Mind Tricks before joining the Army. Then when he got out of the Army, Stoupe released his "Rip the Jacker" album without his knowledge, featuring incredible production (Stoupe is a beast producer obviously), and Canibus had to go to Best Buy to buy the album on CD, and he was flipping out by how good the beats were. Dude almost cried, he said. Not surprisingly, it's still his best album

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

I wonder if the cashier at Best Buy noticed Canibus was buying a copy of his own album?

nada ignorante

I agree RIP the jacker is his best album.
    N.I.

nada ignorante

I agree RIP the jacker is his best album.
    N.I.

Quote Originally Posted by David Daniel Davis View Post
    I wonder if the cashier at Best Buy noticed Canibus was buying a copy of his own album?
    lol I knew someone would clown him about that but it’s a touching story to me. The dude got blackballed by the industry and got into an ugly beef with Eminem, and now he’s an obscure underground rapper. Gotta have some sympathy for the guy. He could’ve been so much more…with the right producers

Damn I'll give it a listen

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenchild View Post
    lol I knew someone would clown him about that but it’s a touching story to me. The dude got blackballed by the industry and got into an ugly beef with Eminem, and now he’s an obscure underground rapper. Gotta have some sympathy for the guy. He could’ve been so much more…with the right producers
    Agreed. What's he doing for money now?
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenchild View Post
    Yeah Canibus is top tier mc like Holocaust but they never reached their full potential career wise?

Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    Agreed. What's he doing for money now?
    I mean, besides music, who knows what else he does on the side. What's Chino XL doing for money? Jus Allah? Ras Kass? Celph Titled? Clearly they're not making bank, so they need another hustle. Apathy just became a real estate agent

This joint Hydra is insane

THE QUIET SOLDIER

Great interview

Veteran Member

The beats are great on this project and I feel his rhymes are his best since his earlier albums (Rip the Jacker, Mic Club).

I tried to get into the collab with Bronze but I really only like the beats on that one.

Lyrically, he isn't what he used to be, unfortunately but I can still enjoy listening to him

Quote Originally Posted by hiphopjunky View Post
    Lyrically, he isn't what he used to be, unfortunately but I can still enjoy listening to him
    I mean, his prime was 1997-2003, so his lyrics "haven't been what they used to be" in a very, very long time. If you read the critics reviews for his best album, Rip the Jacker, they pretty much say the same thing: "The lyrics aren't special, but the beats make them worthwhile." That's pretty much Canibus for the past 20 years. His lyrics were better when they were more "street," but now they're strictly "scientific," and people don't really want to hear that because it gets tiresome. The lyrics on Rip the Jacker honestly aren't great or anything, but Stoupe was in his prime at the time, and he gave Canibus an incredible selection of beats, so listening to Canibus rap about "science" was tolerable