Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Canibus - Kaiju (FULL ALBUM) 2021

Veteran Member

Yeah, he is on some nerd rap...I can bear that sometimes. He still occasionally has some decent punchlines, though

Quote Originally Posted by hiphopjunky View Post
    Yeah, he is on some nerd rap...I can bear that sometimes. He still occasionally has some decent punchlines , though
    I agree wit u but i can have some dope punchlines occasionally, too. Anybody can. We don’t have any music on iTunes tho. I’ll never understand why some artists (hip hop in particular) aren’t willing to experiment a bit and try new shit. Especially lyrically. You can literally say whatever you want as long as it sounds dope ( see Supreme Clientele). So why does Bus feel the need to be the rap Stephen hawking all the fuckin time. Make some more second round KO shit, some Buckingham palace shit, something other then, and I quote:
    “I should be reveled when discussing extraterrestrials
    I am thee entity that expelled them from my testicles
    While he dwelled over his blind dumb in bifocal spectacles
    He realized with fear eyes it is I the mind numb should believe in
    Then I fertilized his vegetables in that garden of Eden
    no rest or pardon even, cuz he saw the best breathin
    lyrical problem they’d praise on that seven day
    So when u gaze to the heaven and say
    to whom are the angels rememberin and pray
    its the true holy trinity with -I in the middle-
    Cuz only my riddle -can bus- the seed to create infinity”

thats gets old after a while….

*not an official CANIBUS quote* but damn close.

Quote Originally Posted by trinking View Post
    I agree wit u but i can have some dope punchlines occasionally, too. Anybody can. We don’t have any music on iTunes tho. I’ll never understand why some artists (hip hop in particular) aren’t willing to experiment a bit and try new shit. Especially lyrically. You can literally say whatever you want as long as it sounds dope ( see Supreme Clientele). So why does Bus feel the need to be the rap Stephen hawking all the fuckin time. Make some more second round KO shit, some Buckingham palace shit
    True. His lyrics were more street in the '90s, but then in the 2000s he got more into the science rap. To be fair, the same thing could be said about GZA, who'd rather rhyme about botany than drugs nowadays. I guess some MCs can't shake off their niche. It is what it is.

Ironically, the best way to be taken seriously in hip-hop today (especially among young kids) is to adopt a goofball persona. Think MF Doom and Action Bronson. Everything today is post-modern and ironic and "meta," like Deadpool and whatnot. A lot of these MCs could still break through if they lightened up a bit. That's why Canibus and Necro and Jus Allah aren't popping, because they take themselves too seriously and kids today want you to be meta and ironic

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenchild View Post
    True. His lyrics were more street in the '90s, but then in the 2000s he got more into the science rap. To be fair, the same thing could be said about GZA, who'd rather rhyme about botany than drugs nowadays. I guess some MCs can't shake off their niche. It is what it is.

Ironically, the best way to be taken seriously in hip-hop today (especially among young kids) is to adopt a goofball persona. Think MF Doom and Action Bronson. Everything today is post-modern and ironic and "meta," like Deadpool and whatnot. A lot of these MCs could still break through if they lightened up a bit. That's why Canibus and Necro and Jus Allah aren't popping, because they take themselves too seriously and kids today want you to be meta and ironic
    Nicely said

Rep +1

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by trinking View Post
    I agree wit u but i can have some dope punchlines occasionally, too. Anybody can. We don’t have any music on iTunes tho. I’ll never understand why some artists (hip hop in particular) aren’t willing to experiment a bit and try new shit. Especially lyrically. You can literally say whatever you want as long as it sounds dope ( see Supreme Clientele). So why does Bus feel the need to be the rap Stephen hawking all the fuckin time. Make some more second round KO shit, some Buckingham palace shit, something other then, and I quote:
    “I should be reveled when discussing extraterrestrials
    I am thee entity that expelled them from my testicles
    While he dwelled over his blind dumb in bifocal spectacles
    He realized with fear eyes it is I the mind numb should believe in
    Then I fertilized his vegetables in that garden of Eden
    no rest or pardon even, cuz he saw the best breathin
    lyrical problem they’d praise on that seven day
    So when u gaze to the heaven and say
    to whom are the angels rememberin and pray
    its the true holy trinity with -I in the middle-
    Cuz only my riddle -can bus- the seed to create infinity”

thats gets old after a while….

*not an official CANIBUS quote* but damn close.
    Lol...reading no lies here

THE QUIET SOLDIER

New album dropping in 2 weeks:

That beat is surprisingly good, and so is his voice/delivery, but the lyrics....again with the science rap. I wish he'd work on that

Gave this album a listen a few weeks back just for how cool the artwork is. Dope record.

PRODIGAL SUN

I like a lot of beats on here, AOTP vibes the whole album

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holocaust View Post
    I like a lot of beats on here, AOTP vibes the whole album
    I agree

Canibus really surprised me with this one.

The sad thing is it's not going to get him any more recognition or popularity than he already has, but at least he's still putting in good work. Eminem dissed him in a Griselda track recently and that shit got more attention than any Canibus release in years...sadly

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenchild View Post
    The sad thing is it's not going to get him any more recognition or popularity than he already has, but at least he's still putting in good work. Eminem dissed him in a Griselda track recently and that shit got more attention than any Canibus release in years...sadly
    Can-I-Bitch still makes me laugh when I hear it. Not the hardest diss track but I would say it may be one of the best from a punchline/content/humor standpoint

one of the nicer WTF moments in history just came to mind when reading through the thread. I should check out that Can-I-Bitch diss track

btw is there a physical release of the new album? a lazy online search didn't yield any results
    Retired.

Wyclef Jean was put on this earth to ruin Canibus' career. He was like, I'm gonna give you the corniest beats you've ever heard for your debut album, so make it work.

After Insane Clown Posse and Eminem made peace recently, I thought Eminem would make peace with Canibus (and Cage) and make a track with them. These are old ass men now. How long you gonna keep the beef going?