Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tesla Building Humanoid Robots.

Cool.

"He said much of the technology in Tesla’s self-driving cars is applicable to humanoid robots and should give them a head start."

Musk is focusing on cameras only on self driving cars and has put radar and lidar aside on the false premise of 'real drivers can judge situations with their eyes only. Which of course is true of eyes, but cameras aren't eyes. A lot of designers and engineers have left Tesla over concerns of the focus on the cameras only approach.

Worse is that Musk has been promoting self driving cars as actually self driving which isn't true. As a defense when accidents happen the company's libe is 'drivers should keep their hands on the wheel at all times'. Don't call it 'self driving' then, because the name is misleading and drivers put too much faith in the technology.

But yeah, humanoid robots. It's gonna happen. Probably not at the rate Tesla will be promoting their fully functional use though.

- - - Updated - - -

"They have a lot of work to do. I think their goal of a hardware prototype within a year is totally feasible, but with probably half of their desired power and some sort of weight compromise,” says Richter. “They also should be able to get it walking around on flat surfaces pretty quickly, but other human-level tasks like grasping will take a few years of research and a lot of innovation.”

Sounds like a realistic assumption.
    Retired.

You basically need a fully self driving car or nothing at all. People can't be trusted to use it responsibly if you're giving people the option of not paying full attention. Its probably because they can get a half measure out faster.

If Tesla don't get there first someone else will.

Living in a Blade Runner world with Ana De Armas hookers is obv gonna happen by this time next year.

{>____<}

Yes creepy and scary. Goodbye to a lot of jobs.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

Banned

Terminator wil probably be the most accurate sci Fi movie. Minus the time travel saving the day part.

Real scary

Musk says a lot of shit but it's been what 5 years since he revealed the Tesla Roadster ppl even paid a small deposit on them and it's nowhere to be seen. Ain't coming out this year and most likely won't come out next year. Same with the Cybertruck.

Quote Originally Posted by HANZO View Post
    Musk says a lot of shit but it's been what 5 years since he revealed the Tesla Roadster ppl even paid a small deposit on them and it's nowhere to be seen. Ain't coming out this year and most likely won't come out next year. Same with the Cybertruck.
    Elon Musk is a human NFT

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    Elon Musk is a human NFT
    Darry I’ve been reading up more on this belt and road initiative that China and Russian wants to build. Connecting the Eurasian contingents and Africa.

As a man connected to Nigerian what’s are your/their thoughts on this?

It seems like a good idea to me. It would shut off transatlantic reliance for the old world, which I think would benefit US workers and also get some of the US meddling out of the old world.

I know that US elites don’t want it because it runs contrast to a green new deal, or so it’s been argued. Because of emissions increases. But In my opinion I think that’s just an excuse to maintaining control.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooch View Post
    Darry I’ve been reading up more on this belt and road initiative that China and Russian wants to build. Connecting the Eurasian contingents and Africa.

As a man connected to Nigerian what’s are your/their thoughts on this?

It seems like a good idea to me. It would shut off transatlantic reliance for the old world, which I think would benefit US workers and also get some of the US meddling out of the old world.

I know that US elites don’t want it because it runs contrast to a green new deal, or so it’s been argued. Because of emissions increases. But In my opinion I think that’s just an excuse to maintaining control.
    It's a great thing. The China has a pragmatic approach to world affairs and it has opened up a lot of business opportunities for ppl in my part of Nigeria. A lot of locals are going to china buying factory parts and setting up shop at home. The same factory parts that Europeans would read 'a human rights report' writing by a 12 year old, find out there was a crime in your country of 200,000,000 then not sell you.

The US is too invested in Europe being a thing. If the US could realign it's focus from the completely worthless 1 sided relationship it has with Europe it won't miss the gravy train of China.

The ABBOTT

Ford and GM already have electric trucks in the works and ready for the public soon. I.am going to say Tesla won't have anything worthwhile to compete anytime soon. Musk is notorious for not coming through on his promises.

”Still craps and lies” Andy Warhov's Avatar

I thought Tesla just recalled all their cars? I don't know how they make any money except that capitalism is just a big ponzi scheme where nobody has any morals and just lie to everybody about how the sausage is made

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler, the Dry Cleaner View Post
    I thought Tesla just recalled all their cars? I don't know how they make any money except that capitalism is just a big ponzi scheme where nobody has any morals and just lie to everybody about how the sausage is made
    There’s that anger again…why are you so upset, babeski?

What’s wrong? The world you thought you knew isn’t so?

Let it out.