Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: some old dude called pete rock...........sues nas over unpaid illmatic royalties

Default some old dude called pete rock...........sues nas over unpaid illmatic royalties

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pagesix...royalties/amp/

Legendary hip-hop producer Pete Rock set to sue Nas over ‘Illmatic’ royalties

Groundbreaking hip-hop producer Pete Rock says that Nas hasn’t paid him a cent in royalties for his work on the rapper’s era-defining double-platinum album “Illmatic” — and he’s finally gearing up to sue, Page Six is told.

Rock and his attorneys claim that the Queens rapper — né Nasir Jones — signed a contract that would allow the producer a cut of the proceeds from the classic track “The World Is Yours,” a total that’s now in the millions of dollars.

And we’re told that lawyers for Rock — who has produced classics for A Tribe Called Quest and Gang Starr, among many others — have repeatedly demanded that Nas honor the alleged deal, to no avail.

Rock has a writing credit on the tune — the only single on the 1994 LP to have gone gold — produced it and even provided vocals.

Now we’re told Rock’s legal team is preparing to file a lawsuit in January, we’re told.

Rock told Page Six, “Nas and his people have stonewalled me since 1994; My New Year’s resolution is to be compensated for my hard work on ‘Illmatic.'”

The track is the song most sampled by hip-hop artists from Nas’ catalog, according to insiders. It has been sampled by Jay-Z, Eminem, Rick Ross, Lil Wayne, and the late Mac Miller.

The song was also used in the film “Antwoine Fisher,” directed by and starring Denzel Washington.

Apparently, Nas has a better relationship with other blue-chip producers who worked on the album. DJ Premier, who also produced tracks on “Illmatic,” guested on his track “Wave Gods” — which also features A$AP Rocky — from the surprise-dropped-on-Christmas album “Magic.”

Reps for Nas didn’t get back to us.

Damn

Took him long enough to start a lawsuit
    Retired.

nada ignorante

Aint Nas fucked Petes sister or something?
    N.I.

I don't know what to think but I'm sure it'll get settled. Its a huge Nas song and easily one of the single most influential productions in Hip Hop.

money and the law determines a lot more about who music sounds than ideas. When you see two ppl work together and succeed then avoid each other, that's usually the case.
    Also, guy running this secondary who's obvious lly a 34-44 year old european trying to mimic an american. Do you know how much someone would have to appreciate Pete Rock to know who he is in the 2022 United States then post a written article about him on a wutang forum? There's like 8 ppl on this forum and we're all ashamed to be here. Just post the post without all tassels and streamers. We'll respond, promise.

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    There's like 8 ppl on this forum and we're all ashamed to be here.

This lol

money and the law determines a lot more about who music sounds than ideas. When you see two ppl work together and succeed then avoid each other, that's usually the case.
    Also, guy running this secondary who's obvious lly a 34-44 year old european trying to mimic an american. Do you know how much someone would have to appreciate Pete Rock to know who he is in the 2022 United States then post a written article about him on a wutang forum? There's like 8 ppl on this forum and we're all ashamed to be here. Just post the post without all tassels and streamers. We'll respond, promise.

nas will settle the lawsuit for $10 in arbys coupons and 3 taco bell chalupa combo boxes

hell probably write pete rock a $100000 check to shut up and go away

Quote Originally Posted by mr rusev View Post
    nas will settle the lawsuit for $10 in arbys coupons and 3 taco bell chalupa combo boxes

hell probably write pete rock a $100000 check to shut up and go away
    If you want to have a secondary that's cool. Just say the thing you want to say bro. You don't have to come with the theatrics; we're all grown ass men and you're minimally engagement worthy. Not because of your 'opinions', but because we're all 40 bruh. Nobody here is entertained with 'contrary behavior' bruh. Just say your opinion in a normal way.

I think a good secondary gimmick for entertaining a group of 8 men in their 40s would be a guy that loves to work out and has a workout thread but uses mildly homosexual pictures as the examples. That would be funny and every now and then someone will confront you. But the shit you're doing now? I'm the only person dumb enough to even type in your direction and you're smelling up the already lame joint.

Just let it be lame in a chill way bruh we literally don't have the hormones for all the theatre anymore.

If you want to have a secondary that's cool. Just say the thing you want to say bro. You don't have to come with the theatrics; we're all grown ass men and you're minimally engagement worthy. Not because of your 'opinions', but because we're all 40 bruh. Nobody here is entertained with 'contrary behavior' bruh. Just say your opinion in a normal way.

I think a good secondary gimmick for entertaining a group of 8 men in their 40s would be a guy that loves to work out and has a workout thread but uses mildly homosexual pictures as the examples. That would be funny and every now and then someone will confront you. But the shit you're doing now? I'm the only person dumb enough to even type in your direction and you're smelling up the already lame joint.

Just let it be lame in a chill way bruh we literally don't have the hormones for all the theatre anymore.

im not an alias

this guy rusev was on og kanyetothe before he was here (I made a thread in sid row) with the same type of threads about crunk and had some kind of beef on boxden too that he referred to on here

lol I'm way too invested in this
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 01-13-2022 at 12:57 AM.
    Retired.

I think a good secondary gimmick for entertaining a group of 8 men in their 40s would be a guy that loves to work out and has a workout thread but uses mildly homosexual pictures as the examples. That would be funny

Remember that communist dude or that power to the people guy hahahaha He was one of them dudes, I remember he took a selfie of himself lying naked on a bed and posted it to Wu Corp ahahahahaha

Classic times

Yeah that lawyer trainee guy who lived on his dad's allowance and was all for communism
    Retired.

All his shitposts make me kinda sad. How fucking bleak and uneventful his life must be if he spends so much time and effort trying to "troll" the same 8 people on a dead ass forum.

the worst is there's actually fairly lively conversations about the pete rock thing on twitter etc from ppl in our age demo. Just post the news, we'll engage bruh. If i didn't try to say 'hey dude, it's ok' about you being a secondary for 8 ppl this convo would have died primarily because posting in this type of thread is even more shameful than logging on to wutangcorp.com. We're old bruh. just post the topic, we'll engage.