Page 10 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Russia invades Ukraine - international tensions abound - Dooch gets the kiss of death

Putin might come out of this looking really weak, besides also looking like a bald midget/faggot with a Hitler complex.

Why are people so mad at Putin other than CNN being a state department device? I don't get how anyone 'picks a side' in these things. It's like two people beating each other up on Worldstar. I get that Putin did the 'invading', but it's not like Ukraine has a 'use'

Quote Originally Posted by zooruka View Post
    I think FIFA and UEFA have both banned Russia now?

I agree……I was talking with my dad and he said so far the war has been a disaster for Russia because in like 5 or 6 days they haven’t taken a major city? I expected Russia to be stronger?
    True.

TSA, as for picking sides, what should be maybe emphasized is exactly how Putin has been destabilizing Europe for years now, with his cunning natural resources policy (the EU is to blame for wanting to have it easy), his push for Brexit through third parties, his funding of extremist parties, both far left and far right, in many EU countries, his funding of independence movements in various countries etc. So exactly the kind of thing HANZO is refering to in the case of Bosnia, a nation which is dangerously close to exploding (various religious and ethnic groups are supposed to rule the country together but the whole thing is like 6 months to a year away from a new war)

maybe (probably) the CIA is doing that type of stuff too abroad, but to a much lesser extent to its NATO allies, such as most EU member states

Europeans are 'in it together' against Russia at this point (it wasn't like that last week - but it should have been so), we as Europeans do not have the luxury of apathy / not picking sides. it's plain and simple : it's Ukraine today, it was Belarus yesterday and it was Georgia the day before that, so to speak. Tomorrow (in 5 to 10 years' time) it'll be Poland or Finland or the Baltic states. Where does that leave all of the EU? FUCKED.

The US do not have a global enemy that is on their doorstep (Alaska doesn't factor in to the equation so Russia is not that boogey man). Europe does, its threatening neighbor is Russia

For far too long the EU has been naive in deploying soft diplomacy, trusting in mutually beneficent trade with Russia. All that has happened is giving Putin a 500+ billion dollar saving deposit to go to war. He has enough money now to keep Russian companies and the war machinery afloat for one to two years, even if he is cut off completely from world trade and savings stored in banks outside of Russia.

If Europeans 'don't pick sides' we will be Russia's butt budy in ten years' time.

What the EU is doing now should have probably happened in 2004 (Maidan) or 2008 already
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    Why are people so mad at Putin other than CNN being a state department device? I don't get how anyone 'picks a side' in these things. It's like two people beating each other up on Worldstar. I get that Putin did the 'invading', but it's not like Ukraine has a 'use'
    Ukraine's "use" geopolitically these days - as an abstract country without inhabitants so to speak - is being a buffer nation between the EU (NATO) and Russia. A geopolitical's no man's land, that assures both the EU and Russia they are 'safe' from each other. Whether Ukraine applied for NATO or EU membership in the past is neither here nor there because membership was never going to be granted (same thing with Finland as a possible NATO member) because these countries are direct neighbors to Russia

However now that Putin suddenly 'feels' like Ukraine has become a westward oriented nation, the scales are NOT tipping in his favor. there will be more push in Sweden, Finland an Ukraine to become EU and or NATO members (depending on the country)

Putin would have been better off leaving things as they were or only invading the Donbas region and either consolidating the Russian minded rebel republics on Ukrainian territory or expanding those two small republics to the point where they consisted of the WHOLE Donbas region instead of just a third of it (like it was last week)

Putin could have pulled another Crimea type invasion and maybe have gotten away with this (= the take over of the Donbas region), but now he is clearly aiming for a full on regime change for all of Ukraine - and EU and NATO really have no choice but to react, although that does not include sending NATO troops into Ukraine
    Retired.

I'm surprised Russia hasn't won yet. Even broke North Korea could've won by now

btw the invasion isn't going too well because Putin wanted to take Ukraine and still have it as a fully functional state (under his control) because of the 'brotherly' ties between both nationd (Russia and Ukraine, along with some other parts, used to be one state in medieval times, with Kiev being culturally extremely important to Russians)

while there are bombings, tanks etc, it's still fighting with the gloves on, on the Russian side

as far as I am aware there have been no full scale fights AT NIGHT (apart from some bombings) as in tank fights etc and also there definitely have not been large scale bombings like the ones that leveled cities in Syria (e.g. 2016) and the city of Grozny, which was essentially turned into a fully functional BBQ set in the Tchetchen (spelling?) war

the Russians could deploy far more bombs and troops in Ukraine than they have done so far. also the Belarus army hasn't joined in yet. Which is still might since Lukaschenko is no longer the shot caller in Belarus - that's been Putin for a few months now

Putin was under the illusion that while the Ukrainian army would put up a short fight, it would feel demoralized soon. Which it didn't. Also Putin didn't expect regular citizens to join in on the fights en masse. Which the people are doing. Surrounding tanks on foot, throwing molotov cocktails, making camouflage nets, filling sandbags, pimutting up check points. hell Zelensky handed out 18,000 machine guns to civilians this week and they are all being used

meanwhile Putin was selling his own soldiers the old line of "you are going to free your brothers from a nefarious regime, you will be welcomed with arms wide open by the long suffering population". now how do these Rusdian soldiers feel on the battlefield? psychologically the reality is a blow to them. Outside of the Donbas region every Ukrainian wants to tear Russians' eyes out with both hands

sorry for my novel length posts in this thread lol. I'll try and reign it in a little going forward
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 02-28-2022 at 06:40 PM.
    Retired.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    The most entertaining part of this has been watching people react toward “Russians”. It’s like the common enemy everyone can unite and gang up on after two years of fuckery.

It’s like the Unification of “Cancel culture”. Fascinating stuff.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    btw the invasion isn't going too well because Putin wanted to take Ukraine and still have it as a fully functional state (under his control) because of the 'brotherly' ties between both nationd (Russia and Ukraine, along with some other parts, used to be one state in medieval times, with Kiev being culturally extremely important to Russians)

while there are bombings, tanks etc, it's still fighting with the gloves on, on the Russian side

as far as I am aware there have been no full scale fights AT NIGHT (apart from some bombings) as in tank fights etc and also there definitely have not been large scale bombings like the ones that leveled cities in Syria (e.g. 2016) and the city of Grozny, which was essentially turned into a fully functional BBQ set in the Tchetchen (spelling?) war

the Russians could deploy far more bombs and troops in Ukraine than they have done so far. also the Belarus army hasn't joined in yet. Which is still might since Lukaschenko is no longer the shot caller in Belarus - that's been Putin for a few months now

Putin was under the illusion that while the Ukrainian army would put up a short fight, it would feel demoralized soon. Which it didn't. Also Putin didn't expect regular citizens to join in on the fights en masse. Which the people are doing. Surrounding tanks on foot, throwing molotov cocktails, making camouflage nets, filling sandbags, pimutting up check points. hell Zelensky handed out 18,000 machine guns to civilians this week and they are all being used

meanwhile Putin was selling his own soldiers the old line of "you are going to free your brothers from a nefarious regime, you will be welcomed with arms wide open by the long suffering population". now how do these Rusdian soldiers feel on the battlefield? psychologically the reality is a blow to them. Outside of the Donbas region every Ukrainian wants to tear Russians' eyes out with both hands

sorry for my novel length posts in this thread lol. I'll try and reign it in a little going forward

Europe will remain under the hegemonic influence of the US through NATO. Is that what you prefer?

Or would you prefer opening up Russia natural resources to Europe via nordstream 2 and other trade.

I’m asking because I have no idea what Europeans think. And because I’m not so sure US influence is all that much better for you than Putin.

The US govt.’s track record is the worst of anyone.

Their not doing it because “democracy”. They’re not willing to send American troops to die. They’re, like tsa said, watching world star, not caring who wins, knowing it all benefits them.

Putin need to take that big fat L and off himself already. The pandemic must have made him feel really isolated and desperate.

”Still craps and lies” Andy Warhov's Avatar

Nah the history of Russia is fucked. They've been petty dickheads forever. And as if americans don't think they haven't been apart of that equation this whole time.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Blackula Spectacula View Post
    Putin need to take that big fat L and off himself already. The pandemic must have made him feel really isolated and desperate.
    Is that why you came back to Gen chat, babes?

Quote Originally Posted by HANZO View Post
    They've absolutely fucked Russia's economy. Europe closes it's airspace but so does Russia in return. Russia is set to play Poland in a World cup qualifying playoff game but Poland have refused to play them. Fifa being Fifa have said the game will be played in a neutral venue, no Russian flags or national anthem which is bollocks. Either ban them or not. I don't agree with banning the nations flag and then expecting the Russian team to take the pitch. This is more like Fifa don't have the balls to ban Russia outright so expect the Russian team to not turn up themselves. If they do and Poland don't show then Russia will end up in the World cup through forfeit which would be funny.

As for the war itself, I still don't think the Russians are going fall force but this conflict has shown that their airforce isn't up to the standards of NATO's top airforces as they can't take control of the skies against similar aircraft. Ukrainians are letting Russian tanks roll forward and focusing on the supply convoys behind. Meaning the Russian tanks are running out of fuel or are separated on the battlefield making them easier targets for anti-tank missiles.

All the talk about NATO being the ones goading Russia. Well this action will end up with both Finland and Sweden joining NATO. Nobody talks about Russia's meddling in the balkans, the latest case being Bosnia where there's a legit political crisis which has been instigated by Moscow.
    Forgot about this one for a second. Bosnia was on the eve of a new civil war. Which would mean a whole lot of bloodshed, as the wounds of the 90's have not been healed. Hell, the Dutch are still coping with their role in the massacre at the Dutchbat enclave.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

Banned

The funniest part about all this to me is that Robby and that lame that nobody knew existed until his post-election meltdown have been radicalised by Russian misinformation terrorists and suck the dick of a Russian puppet lol staunchy 'Merican people who are angry their election was "rigged" so that the Russian puppet didn't get in to office again.

Another thing is that it's shown the world gives zero fucks about what goes on in Africa and the Middle East lol war and terrorism defines these regions and the world moves on without a care in the world but even the threat of the Russians marching in to "undisputed" Ukraine had the whole world preparing to throw the sanctions down.

It’s always funny how Dooch plays the “Merica don’t care about no god damn eurofags” but has 24/7 opinions about it lol most Americans couldn’t find Canada on a map either but they’ll sure as fuck care about what’s going on the U-K-R-ai N when petrol shoots up to $10 gallon.

“Merica are watching world star not caring who cares” they’ve just sent delegates to Taiwan because they’re worried about China lol of course the Americans care about what’s happening here, top officials are worried about China further expanding in to the South China Sea while the world is distracted and on super high alert to see how China will react and what they’ll do with Taiwan. The Americans have been pressing with sanctions while pussies like Germany tried to half arse, how do you guys even figure the American government don’t care who wins they like the rest of the EU aren’t trying to have Cuban missile crisis 2.0 in a Russian controlled Ukraine and puppet state Belarus of which the latter is happening.

“What’s the use of Ukraine?” It’s a buffer between West and Russia and is strategically extremely important plus they have their natural gas and oil that Vladimir would love to hold Europe by the balls again with.

Apparently Turkish drone are shitting all over the Russians, Erdogan must feel like a kid on Christmas (or the Islamic equivalent to this saying) knowing he can fuck with Russia and the world won’t care too much.
    Last edited by The Hound; 03-01-2022 at 08:02 AM.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooch View Post
    Is that why you came back to Gen chat, babes?
    Considering how desolate this forum is most of the time, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    True.

TSA, as for picking sides, what should be maybe emphasized is exactly how Putin has been destabilizing Europe for years now, with his cunning natural resources policy (the EU is to blame for wanting to have it easy), his push for Brexit through third parties, his funding of extremist parties, both far left and far right, in many EU countries, his funding of independence movements in various countries etc. So exactly the kind of thing HANZO is refering to in the case of Bosnia, a nation which is dangerously close to exploding (various religious and ethnic groups are supposed to rule the country together but the whole thing is like 6 months to a year away from a new war)

maybe (probably) the CIA is doing that type of stuff too abroad, but to a much lesser extent to its NATO allies, such as most EU member states

Europeans are 'in it together' against Russia at this point (it wasn't like that last week - but it should have been so), we as Europeans do not have the luxury of apathy / not picking sides. it's plain and simple : it's Ukraine today, it was Belarus yesterday and it was Georgia the day before that, so to speak. Tomorrow (in 5 to 10 years' time) it'll be Poland or Finland or the Baltic states. Where does that leave all of the EU? FUCKED.

The US do not have a global enemy that is on their doorstep (Alaska doesn't factor in to the equation so Russia is not that boogey man). Europe does, its threatening neighbor is Russia

For far too long the EU has been naive in deploying soft diplomacy, trusting in mutually beneficent trade with Russia. All that has happened is giving Putin a 500+ billion dollar saving deposit to go to war. He has enough money now to keep Russian companies and the war machinery afloat for one to two years, even if he is cut off completely from world trade and savings stored in banks outside of Russia.

If Europeans 'don't pick sides' we will be Russia's butt budy in ten years' time.

What the EU is doing now should have probably happened in 2004 (Maidan) or 2008 already

Alright, this makes sense especially since you're actually a European living in Europe. Thanks