Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Russia invades Ukraine - international tensions abound - Dooch gets the kiss of death

Death to Amerika. Only NATO is to blame for all of this. And anybody that disagrees hasn't been paying attention.
    "I know that after my death a pile of rubbish
    will be heaped on my grave, but the wind of
    History will sooner or later sweep it away
    without mercy."
    - Iosif Vissarionovich Dzhugashvili

The ban on everything Russian is a bit extensive. Car companies not delivering cars, Nike banning sales in Russia. The Russian conductor of the Munich orchestra dismissed from duty. There's reports of some restaurants in Europe banning Russians. Even Onlyfans banned payments to Russian accounts lol.

On the ground the plans captured on Russian soldiers reveal they planned a 15 day war to take the whole of Ukraine. If Russia just entered the Donbass the world wouldn't have reacted in such a way. The audacity to try and take the whole of Ukraine is next level, no doubt Moldova is next after Ukraine. Putin wants a slavic wall with Belarus, Ukraine & Moldova.

On the Ukrainian side of things, with ppl trying to escape the country Africans and Indians are taken off trains leaving for Poland to make place for white ppl.

Quote Originally Posted by communist cunt View Post
    Death to Amerika. Only NATO is to blame for all of this. And anybody that disagrees hasn't been paying attention.
    so how's your dad these days?
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by HANZO View Post
    The ban on everything Russian is a bit extensive. Car companies not delivering cars, Nike banning sales in Russia. The Russian conductor of the Munich orchestra dismissed from duty. There's reports of some restaurants in Europe banning Russians. Even Onlyfans banned payments to Russian accounts lol.

On the ground the plans captured on Russian soldiers reveal they planned a 15 day war to take the whole of Ukraine. If Russia just entered the Donbass the world wouldn't have reacted in such a way. The audacity to try and take the whole of Ukraine is next level, no doubt Moldova is next after Ukraine. Putin wants a slavic wall with Belarus, Ukraine & Moldova.

On the Ukrainian side of things, with ppl trying to escape the country Africans and Indians are taken off trains leaving for Poland to make place for white ppl.
    with Transnistria (breakaway "independent' part of Moldova that borders on Ukraine) Russia has the perfect excuse to invade Moldova in the nearish future. money wise there isn't much, if anything at all, to be had in Moldova but it could indeed become more of a buffer state than it is now. as I think now Moldova doesn't seem to want NATO membership, not that I'm aware of at least

there's a pro Europe president residing in Moldova right now, she defeated the local pro Russian Igor boy in the 2020 elections. the PM, also a woman btw, pleaded for EU membership after the Russian invasion of Ukraine. they scurred right now

( https://www.nato.int/cps/en/natohq/topics_49727.htm )

( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moldov...nion_relations )

I guess Moldova's strategic importance is partly related to the US' Aegis rocket shield stationed in Rumania, neighboring country of Moldova, although I wouldn't make too much of this strategic importance. Moldova is also land locked so that devaluates it in geopolitical terms. if the Russians take Ukraine, they already have access to a large part of the Black Sea coast anyway

( https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36272686 )

Retired.

in terms of easy military victories - the quick wins that bolster his deteriorating popularity with the Russians - Putin would have probably been better off invading Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan, but these are of less strategic importance in terms of Russia versus NATO, and also I just don't think Putin is that interested in the culturally different 'Asian' countries that used to be part of the USSR.

anyway, with him lending a hand in crushing the revolution in Kazakhstan earlier this year, Putin already has the Kazakhstan government in his pocket anyway. clear sign, not just Belarus but also Kazakhstan proposed to be a mediator for peace talks between Russia and Ukraine

damn there's a shitload of countries in that region lol
    Retired.

communist cunt is gonna cream himself when he sees that map
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by HANZO View Post

I think that's going to be the future of warfare in general. I've always felt that 'conventional war' is outdated now because there's a million new ways to put pressure on an enemy that doesn't require something as politically expensive as actually fighting. I saw people 'feeling bad for russians' because onlyfans was blocked lol, that was part of the reason I was saying that how the news is moving through the US is annoying. If it's not 'Zelensky is cool' propaganda it's 'here's the relatable tidbits' bs and relatable = this is inconveniencing ppls internet addiction. So if a lot of Americans are 'meh' about it, it's because how deeply stupid the left (who controls information flow) in this country is about making the picture clear on anything.

Putin was pretty sure there would be a coalition push-back and now that he's see that it's not even on the table for NATO he's going to go over his previous goal. I didn't think he'll take the whole of Ukraine but he's probably going to now and will use the parts he 'doesn't need' as a bargaining chip. At the same time, he's not going to come thro wif da nuclear heat because he's not that insane, so a lot of his posturing is just using nukes to pretend the Russian military isn't an outdated incompetent farce that has to be belligerent to be respected.

Yeah he's going for all of Ukraine.

It'll be hard to install a puppet government and get it to function properly if civilians keep up the guerilla warfare spirit so Putin might be looking at prolonged military occupation of Ukraine when his invasion succeeds. that would take up a lot of Russian troops I guess. a puppet government in charge of the Ukrainian police force would be a less costly option for Putin but I don't see it happening now

well it's early days still I guess

lol @ Putin's boys not being able to get their 50 mile war convoy to move along at scooter speed
    Retired.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    The State of the Union address was ok. Biden pledged $1 Billion in aid but no boots on the ground. Here's my issue with providing financial aid to a county that's surrounding by an enemy: Ukraine can't use the funds to purchase weapons, food, etc.

That $1 Billion could've been used to assist the American people (i.e. stimulus checks).
    This is what they want. Endless proxy war. Make bombs sell them make money. Wasn’t our secretary of defense on the board at Raytheon? Big payoff for him when he’s back in the private sector.
    uS troops fighting Russians for Ukrainians is political suicide. And very stupid and dangerous for the world. No US prez would do it for this.
    Last edited by Dooch; 03-02-2022 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    Yeah he's going for all of Ukraine.

It'll be hard to install a puppet government and get it to function properly if civilians keep up the guerilla warfare spirit so Putin might be looking at prolonged military occupation of Ukraine when his invasion succeeds. that would take up a lot of Russian troops I guess. a puppet government in charge of the Ukrainian police force would be a less costly option for Putin but I don't see it happening now

well it's early days still I guess

lol @ Putin's boys not being able to get their 50 mile war convoy to move along at scooter speed
    All he did in this was show that the image he was trying to project of 'the new russia' militarily is a farce. The US actually helps him project this image because it justifies global policing but that's another story. But I think he will try to take all of Ukraine, then 'let go' of the western end that he didn't originally have designs on if he has to negotiate a peace and the 'concession' will be he gets to install puppets in the regions in the east he has his eyes on. Everything beyond what he did the first say is to pad up his hand, he already 'has' what he wants.

But what may actually happen is what always messes Russia up in conflict which is supply chain issues, money and general incompetence. The US and co. know he can't sustain a long term conflict, and without money he will fold in less than a year. China can't bail him out either because China has a lot of shit it wants from Russia and it will use the desperation for leverage + Russia knows this. Blocking him off economically will (if sustained for half a year) lead to serious supply chain problems.

He has enough reserves to last 1 year minus a full blown war. With war, I'd cut that in half. If he can get the whole of Ukraine within 2-3 months he wins, if it reaches 6, he'll retreat empty handed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    in terms of easy military victories - the quick wins that bolster his deteriorating popularity with the Russians - Putin would have probably been better off invading Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan, but these are of less strategic importance in terms of Russia versus NATO, and also I just don't think Putin is that interested in the culturally different 'Asian' countries that used to be part of the USSR.

anyway, with him lending a hand in crushing the revolution in Kazakhstan earlier this year, Putin already has the Kazakhstan government in his pocket anyway. clear sign, not just Belarus but also Kazakhstan proposed to be a mediator for peace talks between Russia and Ukraine

damn there's a shitload of countries in that region lol
    The importance of the Stans in central asia is mainly natural resources. There's a shitload there and the countries are relatively easy to control due to being full blown dictatorships.

One thing to note with Russia is population. When the Soviet Union collapsed Russia's population was 150m people. Today it's around 140m, so it's stagnated but something to note is that the percentage of muslims within the country has increased. Now somewhere between 25-30% of Russia is Muslim and this is going to increase as years go by. This eventually is bound to become an issue, 20-30 years from now Muslims from all these different ethnicities at this rate will make up half the Russian population. If your peddling a Tsarist Russia narrative it won't work if a bulk of your population isn't even Russian.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooch View Post
    This is what they want. Endless proxy war. Make bombs sell them make money. Wasn’t our secretary of defense on the board at Raytheon? Big payoff for him when he’s back in the private sector.
    uS troops fighting Russians for Ukrainians is political suicide. And very stupid and dangerous for the world. No US prez would do it for this.

I hate these proxy wars now either fight properly or shut up. Also the US fighting for Ukrainians isn’t political suicide because the west for decades has been ranting and raving about these bogie regimes but yet when the opportunity arises to confront them directly they chicken out? These evil regimes need to be dealt with sooner or later, otherwise they become more intrenched and there will be even bigger problems to deal with in the future or you will keep getting more Ukraine’s or Taiwan’s? Sanctions don’t work and hoping the people rise up and overthrow the government is lame IMO?

Quote Originally Posted by zooruka View Post
    Also the US fighting for Ukrainians isn’t political suicide because the west for decades has been ranting and raving about these bogie regimes but yet when the opportunity arises to confront them directly they chicken out?
    If Ukraine was being invaded by black, brown, or yellow people, the West would literally drop nuclear bombs to stop them

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by zooruka View Post
    I hate these proxy wars now either fight properly or shut up. Also the US fighting for Ukrainians isn’t political suicide because the west for decades has been ranting and raving about these bogie regimes but yet when the opportunity arises to confront them directly they chicken out? These evil regimes need to be dealt with sooner or later, otherwise they become more intrenched and there will be even bigger problems to deal with in the future or you will keep getting more Ukraine’s or Taiwan’s? Sanctions don’t work and hoping the people rise up and overthrow the government is lame IMO?
    The US is not in a position to go to war with Russia. No one's dying for a Ukraine, period.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty