Page 34 of 47 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: Russia invades Ukraine - international tensions abound - Dooch gets the kiss of death

Quote Originally Posted by HANZO View Post
    Mass graves found along with people executed in a town outside of Kiev. Ofcourse many will claim it as fake and anti-Russian propaganda by the neo-nazi Ukrainians etc etc.

Reading that the Russians are also booby trapping houses and dead bodies during their retreat which is a common tactic of many middle eastern terror groups.
    The headlines about Bucha are now all over. Russia is claiming it is false news. Bodies on the street, women half naked, and some even burned.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

Lithuania is the first EU member state which had dealings with Gazprom that is now completely independent of Russian gas. They have LNG coming in by ship, there is a pipeline with Latvia and starting in May one with Poland too

Meanwhile 40% of EU gas still comes from Russia. The EU has not thrown the Gazprombank off of SWIFT either
    Retired.

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Set View Post
    The headlines about Bucha are now all over. Russia is claiming it is false news. Bodies on the street, women half naked, and some even burned.
    I read about the rapes in front of children. People shot and killed randomly. Russia soldiers are on killing/raping sprees. Not good. They're testing the waters to see what they can get away with. Who's going to stand up to a country who has a few 50 MT nuclear weapons in stock ready to launch? This is what the world is afraid of and the Russians know it. They're weaponizing the fear of nuclear holocaust to their advantage if any country steps foot in Ukraine.

It'll get to a breaking point when a country WILL fight along side Ukraine, and if that happens....God help us. It doesn’t help that Ukraine is holding immigrants in detention centers. Africans, Arabs, Indians living in inhumane conditions. Shame on Ukraine, too.

Russian money is back. 84 cents to the American dollar.
    Last edited by IrOnMaN; 04-04-2022 at 03:56 PM.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

Ugh...humans suck.

Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    I read about the rapes in front of children. People shot and killed randomly. Russia soldiers are on killing/raping sprees. Not good. They're testing the waters to see what they can get away with. Who's going to stand up to a country who has a few 50 MT nuclear weapons in stock ready to launch? This is what the world is afraid of and the Russians know it.

Russian money is back. 84 cents to the American dollar.
    sounds like emotional blackmail targeted at women.

I have a soft spot for Russia because whenever I'm playing Civilizations and try to pull this bullshit in the modern era (King or Deity mode) it usually pans out this way for me too. I'm here thinking I'll mow over so and so, then come to find that the fool has dummy allies, and is for some reason OP out of nowhere even though their units were still medieval when I spied on them. Clearly Putin needs to play at Prince mode and below but I also don't actually know what's happening because the media in the US is militarized and won't say something that hurts the general allied effort. I also don't watch the news so that last part impacts the convos I hear online over the topic.

But S.O. to Ukraine for sticking in there way longer than I thought they would. Pretty hardbody. I still think Putin only wants eastern Ukraine and anything past the point he already has is just stacking up his bargaining chips. I've been watching russian Youtubers and it doesn't sound like them embargos are that bad. Prices seem to be up 20% everywhere and a lot of foreign goods are gone or overpriced but I also didn't realize how diversified the economy in Russia was because they have a lot of local alternatives.

Someone also said the US is buying more Russian oil but that makes sense cause it's not a command economy and those who were already buying are probably stockpiling cheap oil and gas before the gate gets closed. I also got this last tid bit from a Chinese government puppet account so who knows. I think we're post-information honestly.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    sounds like emotional blackmail targeted at women.

I have a soft spot for Russia because whenever I'm playing Civilizations and try to pull this bullshit in the modern era (King or Deity mode) it usually pans out this way for me too. I'm here thinking I'll mow over so and so, then come to find that the fool has dummy allies, and is for some reason OP out of nowhere even though their units were still medieval when I spied on them. Clearly Putin needs to play at Prince mode and below but I also don't actually know what's happening because the media in the US is militarized and won't say something that hurts the general allied effort. I also don't watch the news so that last part impacts the convos I hear online over the topic.

But S.O. to Ukraine for sticking in there way longer than I thought they would. Pretty hardbody. I still think Putin only wants eastern Ukraine and anything past the point he already has is just stacking up his bargaining chips. I've been watching russian Youtubers and it doesn't sound like them embargos are that bad. Prices seem to be up 20% everywhere and a lot of foreign goods are gone or overpriced but I also didn't realize how diversified the economy in Russia was because they have a lot of local alternatives.

Someone also said the US is buying more Russian oil but that makes sense cause it's not a command economy and those who were already buying are probably stockpiling cheap oil and gas before the gate gets closed. I also got this last tid bit from a Chinese government puppet account so who knows. I think we're post-information honestly.
    The buxom Queen

Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

on god. is that Civ 5?
    putting in work with my boy on 6 until they start getting reasonable african civs (Benin, Axum, Ghana, Mali, Ashante, Kush, Abyssinia etc)

Anybody seen the Russian reply to Bucha at the UN? Reminded me of that guy in Role Models who is stealing TV's on camera. 'That is not me.'

As more information comes from Russia, it seems Putin is suffering from the same corruption that plagues the country. Who would have guessed that.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

Italy is getting more gas from Algeria, wants to invest in alt. energy resources there too and will not be needing any more Russian gas from 2025 onward. the Italian government is looking to diversify natural resources import even more, there have been talks with Qatar, Angola, Mozambique, Congo and Azerbeidjan in the last month as well

Lithuania (previous post of mine) & Italy are just the first EU members to take steps, we will see much more of this if the conflict in Ukraine drags on, which it will
    Retired.

Finland is officially starting the procedure to qualify for NATO membership
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    the dark side of the moon is about to become a gulag
    Retired.

Moskva sunk by Ukrainian missiles. Putler is having a bad day.
    Retired.