Page 42 of 47 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738394041424344454647 LastLast

Thread: Russia invades Ukraine - international tensions abound - Dooch gets the kiss of death

^^Finland's winter war w/ the USSR ('39-'40) actually made Finland decide to 'strike a deal' w/ Nazi Germany

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...h-nazi-germany

the short article explains post WW2 'Finlandisation' (which is now over) as well
    Retired.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenchild View Post
    I thought America had the best sniper
    Of course Americans think this lol
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Dang I fell for American propaganda again

that Finland thing is interesting. only Nordic country I've been to is Sweden and it's great. I stayed in the countryside in Stockholm, away from the hustle. But I kept saying "Ingmar Bergman" and they got annoyed with me after a while. can't expect me not to say Ingmar Bergman

countries should stop giving so many resources and money to ukraine's president. he looks weak asking for millions in handouts everyday.

does Biden have any sons left to go fight in Ukraine?
    Retired.

Brittney Griner pleads guilty

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.esp...3fplatform=amp

eh what else can she do

meanwhile who's taking care of wifey?

Retired.

https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...2-20220707.htm

Sri Lanka’s president has turned to Russian President Vladimir Putin for fuel aid in the island nation’s worst financial crisis since independence from Britain in 1948.

The country is massively in debt and petrol prices have quadrupled in recent months, with the economic crisis leading to weeks of civil unrest. Hundreds of people protested against the government on the streets of the capital Colombo on Wednesday.

President Gotabaya Rajapaksa said he "had a very productive" discussion with Putin.

"I requested an offer of credit support to import fuel," Rajapaksa tweeted in reference to his conversation with the Russian leader.

RTHK’s South Asia Correspondent Murali Krishnan said both leaders discussed bilateral cooperation, but what Sri Lanka needs now is fuel.

Krishnan said the fuel shortage in the country has led to a shutdown of public services.

Public discontent with the government has increased in recent months as “there were hopes that the balance of payments would have been sorted out [by this stage] to some extent”, Krishnan said.

He added there is not enough cash in the population to pay for medicine, food and other essentials in the bankrupt island nation and that every industry in Sri Lanka is struggling in the economic crisis.

“Right now as it negotiates with the IMF [International Monetary Fund], it is not in a position of strength,” says Krishnan.

“And it goes to the IMF as a bankrupt country. And because of that, it needs to get its finances right before it can repair its runaway fiscal deficit.”

Krishnan also said India is providing two ships of diesel and petrol later this month.
    Retired.

Lithuania, which was occupied by Russia until 1991, has crowdfunded a Turkish Bayraktar TB2 drone. While there are only 2.6 million Lithuanians they still pooled €6 million, €5.4 million of it after the first 3 days of the crowdfunding action already. The crowdfunding was started by a Lithuanian YouTube and TV personality.

The Turkish manufacturer considered the crowdfunding 'a nice idea' and decided to give away the drone for free. The €6 million will now be spent on arming the drone and on sending humanitarian help to Ukraine.

The drone was named 'Vanagas' (Hawk) after a Lithuanian partizan who attacked Russians in Lithuania after WWII during the Russian occupation.

Ukraine has 12 Turkish TB2 drones, 8 of them have reportedly been shot down. So now they have a new one. 'Vanagas' has arrived in Lithuania and is in the process of being weaponized at a Lithuanian military airport.

These drones are so popular in Ukraine they have their own Ukrainian war chant dedicated to them, viewed on YouTube by millions so far.

Info from a local newspaper ; here's an international link :

https://euroweeklynews.com/2022/07/0...drone-ukraine/
    Retired.

Kazakhstan president seeks to diversify oil export routes away from Russia

https://eurasianet.org/kazakhstan-pr...ay-from-russia
    Retired.

Azerbaijan is (almost) doubling its gas volume sent to the EU. it'll still only be less than a tenth of what Russia normally supplies to the EU but hey an extra deal is an extra deal

by 2027 Azerbaijan will have more than doubled its gas supplies to the EU so it's a progressive deal (or whatever the word for that type of thing is in English)
    Retired.

countries have different laws than others, so I'm not sure why they are making the britney griner story into a big deal? there is a show called locked up abroad, that maybe she should have watched more episodes of. also she isn't a very likeable person.

”Still craps and lies” Andy Warhov's Avatar

Bob costas said theyre using griner as a baragining chip

... and the EU is now officially fucked. Russia's announced that starting Wednesday it will lower its gas supply to Germany via the NordStream 1 pipeline by half.

Since the Eu has a gas and energy solidarity mechanism it means that a lot of other EU member states are now fucked too : they have to chip in to supply Germany

it's gonna be a cold winter.

Germany of course has been stupid for years thinking it would pull Russia into democratic territory by strenthening trade relations, for example through NordStream 1 (and 2). The same can be said for the EU in general but Germany specifically has leaned heavily on Russian gas.
    Retired.

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by brock View Post
    countries have different laws than others, so I'm not sure why they are making the britney griner story into a big deal? there is a show called locked up abroad, that maybe she should have watched more episodes of. also she isn't a very likeable person.
    What don't you like about her?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Warhov View Post
    Bob costas said theyre using griner as a baragining chip
    Prisoner swap and to stop assisting Ukraine in the war.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

Banned

That WNBA player is a man lol the photos of “her” shirtless and no tits at all are hilarious. What’s the big deal anyway “she” broke the law in a foreign country, do the crime do the time.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.