Page 6 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Russia invades Ukraine - international tensions abound - Dooch gets the kiss of death

We'll see if Ruski try and take Kiev. I don't see them going further West than that. But that right there is already the country sliced in half.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, at this point, Belarus is basically a colony of Russia. Ever since Putin helped out the Belarus regime last year it's been game over for the people who were in power there. They are mere puppets now. There will always be large numbers of Russian troops stationed in Belarus now.
    Retired.

Truth is superpowers can do what they want as Russia is doing right now, as the US has done before.

The sanctions announced against Russia by the EU and the US have been a joke. It will only hurt Russia in the short term with their currency and stock markets taking a dip. Europe is feckless and unable to counter Russia, they can't even threaten their economy forget about posing a threat militarily.

Ukraine's on their own, the best thing they can do is turn this into a guerilla war and inflict as much damage to Russia as they can.

I was partly wrong in my previous post : all major cities are being bombed, including the Western most big city Lviv, which is very close to the border of NATO territory.

I wouldn't have thought the Russians'd bomb Lviv too. It would really surprise me though if ground troops go that way.
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    Dark day. I don't think this ends with just Ukraine either.
    Ukraine : invasion

Belarus : close to being a puppet state

Kazakhstan : regime shift during the January revolt supported by Putin and his troops : the old dictator (who was 2nd in command for a while now) was completely flushed. The current number one is heavily indebted to Putin

Georgia : parts have been annexed by Russia over the last few years

Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    I was partly wrong in my previous post : all major cities are being bombed, including the Western most big city Lviv, which is very close to the border of NATO territory.

I wouldn't have thought the Russians'd bomb Lviv too. It would really surprise me though if ground troops go that way.
    It looks like a full scale invasion they are attacking from Belarus as well. I'm guessing the end plan is to cut Ukraine from the Black sea and leave Kiev and Lviv to the Ukrainians while the rest is Russian.

There's videos showing aerial combat outside of Kiev.

Putin's boys had better not post up on the Polish border
    Retired.

Monkey killing monkey killing monkey over piecess of the ground.

The speech about coumnter naziism in Ukraine was batshit crazy.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

Quote Originally Posted by HANZO View Post
    Truth is superpowers can do what they want as Russia is doing right now, as the US has done before.

That’s because nuclear weapons have taken all the fun out of war, People/countries are too scared to attack because the consequences are too sever. This should really be a major war against Russia but because of nuclear weapons it’s just going to be a bit of a scrap probably?

Banned

That’s a shame.

I feel like all the tweets implying various countries are pooseh is actually what's going to cause a larger scale conflict than any real geo-political rationale. In the end of the day the whole of NATO owes its political offices to the people on twitter saying they're pooseh.

Serbia is the only country cool with the invasion lol, those assholes are always on the wrong side of history

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenchild View Post
    Serbia is the only country cool with the invasion lol, those assholes are always on the wrong side of history
    China said it was not an invasion. But they have been eyeing Taiwan for years now. Especially after they invaded Hong Kong.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenchild View Post
    The ties between Serbia and Russia are strong. The shared orthodox religion plays a part in this too. My sister's in laws are Serbian.
    Retired.