Page 8 of 47 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Russia invades Ukraine - international tensions abound - Dooch gets the kiss of death

The WW3 thing was intended to be facetious btw.

Still, don't think it can't happen, theres a bunch of ways this could play out.

I'm definitely not saying you're wrong Dooch, but its always funny when you speak for everybody else. You don't strike me as a man of the people.

I see you on the WW3 comment

the problem is if an 'accident' happens tensions will be so high it will be very hard to dial it back. in that case NATO's hand will be forced.

I'm mostly concerned about possible future fights extremely close to the Polish/Slovakian/Rumanian border. (Moldowa is not a factor here). in the same lane : missiles that miss the mark and land just across the border in Poland. Russian fighter jets or military helis that cross over into Polish airspace. I know all three scenarios seem unlikely and if they happen they really WILL be accidents

Putin will want to avoid these kinds of mistakes at all costs but of course he depends on his people on the ground. mistakes have been known to happen

if such an accident arises Putin's best bet is if it happens on Hungarian territory. Orbàn and Putin sort of see eye to eye. Rumania,Slovakia or Poland - especially Poland : no bueno for anybody

Putin has probably given the troops orders to avoid Ukraine's borders with neighboring countries (not including Belarus and Moldowa) for as long as possible during the invasion, i.e. as long as there is no tactical disadvantage to it in the fights with the Ukranians
    Retired.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    I'm definitely not saying you're wrong Dooch, but its always funny when you speak for everybody else. You don't strike me as a man of the people.
    That’s because you Don’t have a very good grasp on what the average American thinks. And your opinion of me is pretty inaccurate as well.

When all of your American experience is what you get in music or on tv, youre woefully misinformed.

Most Americans couldn’t find Ukraine on a map and have zero context regarding the entire situation. I’d venture to say most don’t even know what NATO stands for or why it was even created to begin with.

In a recent poll, 74% of Americans said they don’t want to get involved with the dispute. Overwhelmingly more Americans are embracing a more isolationist foreign policy stance, due to the endless wars of the past 20 years. This is true both on the far left and the “American first” right.

You might not think it but I guess you can ask the other Americans their opinions on it.

it's been clear since before the Trump administration both US politicians and the people want to stay more out of foreign politics, Trump's exception being China (the North Korea thing was window dressing)

I hear you on the 'forever wars'

Biden is not gonna send in troops (well, into the EU he will, but not outside of NATO territory) after he's just left Afghanistan

I wouldn't put it past Putin to think that now was the time to go ahead with the invasion just after the US left Afghanistan - not that this would be in any way the US' fault
    Retired.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    it's been clear since before the Trump administration both US politicians and the people want to stay more out of foreign politics, Trump's exception being China (the North Korea thing was window dressing)

I hear you on the 'forever wars'

Biden is not gonna send in troops (well, into the EU he will, but not outside of NATO territory) after he's just left Afghanistan

I wouldn't put it past Putin to think that now was the time to go ahead with the invasion just after the US left Afghanistan - not that this would be in any way the US' fault
    There’s alot of different angles to this whole thing. I’m not buying that Putin is the only nefarious character in this conflict. US actions toward Russia have been passive aggressive for a decade now. That’s why I said our gov has been hypocritical. And our press and CIA has been fueling the fire for this for awhile.

But make no mistake, most Americans want nothing to do with it. They know what it is.

Things went really sideways when Zelensky, who was elected on a program of anti-corruption and easing tensions with Russia, went off script a good while into his term. at first after the election there were prisoner exchanges and talks with the Russian government but that all sort of fizzled out and Zelensky turned out not to be the safe bet Putin had hoped for. the Donbas frontline remained at a bloody stailmate and Zelensky was looking to the West

but really that was just the impetus - Putin's been in a rage since the Maidan revolution in 2014 and has, in more general terms, been upset ever since the USSR collapsed. the chip on his shoulder is gianormous by now

meanwhile the invasion isn't going as smoothly as hoped for. the Ukranians are putting up a good fight right now but in the end the numbers will speak. Russia's army is just THAT big

the only way this ends soon now is if Zelensky is taken captive or killed by Russian special forces in Kiev this week or next week
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 02-26-2022 at 06:13 PM.
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooch View Post
    That’s because you Don’t have a very good grasp on what the average American thinks. And your opinion of me is pretty inaccurate as well.

When all of your American experience is what you get in music or on tv, youre woefully misinformed.

Most Americans couldn’t find Ukraine on a map and have zero context regarding the entire situation. I’d venture to say most don’t even know what NATO stands for or why it was even created to begin with.

In a recent poll, 74% of Americans said they don’t want to get involved with the dispute. Overwhelmingly more Americans are embracing a more isolationist foreign policy stance, due to the endless wars of the past 20 years. This is true both on the far left and the “American first” right.

You might not think it but I guess you can ask the other Americans their opinions on it.
    You have to be trolling. Literally the first thing I said was you're not wrong, and you still wrote all that?

I was talking about you personally. My opinion of you can only be based on what you say here, so it is what it is.

I have family in America, and used to travel there fairly often. Actually they're probably a little to the right of you even.

I don't think I've ever attempted to talk about what Americans think anyway. Seems like an odd thing to call me out on.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    Zelensky made that call yesterday but NATO & US aren't gonna go for it
    See thatÂ’s the problem. If US and NATO forces go into Ukraine and fight that could be the only way to defeat Russia without going through a Nuclear war?

They want us to care so badly but we donÂ’t.
    But you should care? Russia needs to be dealt with and this might be a good chance to fight/deal with them without resorting to nuclear war?

Also doesnÂ’t Biden have a connection to Ukraine? It could be a good excuse to get involved?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    I don't think I've ever attempted to talk about what Americans think anyway. Seems like an odd thing to call me out on.
    I commented and you came at me. I responded. Pretty simple. You don’t like what I have to write, ignore it or get cunty. Don’t bother me either way.0

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by zooruka View Post
    See thatÂ’s the problem. If US and NATO forces go into Ukraine and fight that could be the only way to defeat Russia without going through a Nuclear war?

But you should care? Russia needs to be dealt with and this might be a good chance to fight/deal with them without resorting to nuclear war?

Also doesnÂ’t Biden have a connection to Ukraine? It could be a good excuse to get involved?
    Lol it’ll be ok.

On a side note IÂ’m really impressed with the Ukrainian president heÂ’s standing by his people and not chickening out like a coward like some leaders do.

Lol it’ll be ok.
    It’s actually not ok, how can you control/defeat these superpowers if you don’t take opportunities like this?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by zooruka View Post
    It’s actually not ok, how can you control/defeat these superpowers if you don’t take opportunities like this?
    By killing your self.