Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Russia invades Ukraine - international tensions abound - Dooch gets the kiss of death

Quote Originally Posted by Dooch View Post
    Western Europe needs to protect itself. For too long they’ve been suckling the test of US taxpayer backed military protection.
    Western Europe? these are Eastern European Orthodox Christian Slavs who invented ethnic cleansing, not Western Europeans who sip wine and visit art museums. We all know Eastern Europe is built differently

The ABBOTT

Quote Originally Posted by zooruka View Post
    On a side note IÂ’m really impressed with the Ukrainian president heÂ’s standing by his people and not chickening out like a coward like some leaders do.
    Same. U.S. presidents are bunker boys. I don't see this administration getting involved after leaving Afghanistan. Trump and some of these far-right groups are praising Russia, so we might join them after the next election.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenchild View Post
    Western Europe? these are Eastern European Orthodox Christian Slavs who invented ethnic cleansing, not Western Europeans who sip wine and visit art museums. We all know Eastern Europe is built differently
    You mad bro?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by b-dolo View Post
    Same. U.S. presidents are bunker boys. I don't see this administration getting involved after leaving Afghanistan. Trump and some of these far-right groups are praising Russia, so we might join them after the next election.
    Rachel Maddow? Is that you?

Quote Originally Posted by zooruka View Post
    On a side note IÂ’m really impressed with the Ukrainian president heÂ’s standing by his people and not chickening out like a coward like some leaders do.
    I agree with you on Zelensky. he's been unexpectedly badass
    Retired.

looks like the EU as a whole is now pushing for Russian banks to be kicked off the SWIFT banking transfer system after all. US and Canada are in favor of it too so it's gonna happen. blocking of the Russian Central Bank's credits/assets is in the works too

in terms of finances this is the most severe option there is, it's like the nukes in warfare. that is, apart from saying no to Russian gas and oil, which is hardly feasibly in terms of current energy use in the EU (but let's see in a few years)

pretty amazing to see all of the EU rally around this. looks like Putin is eliciting more fear than even he feels is productive this time around

of course once again this will hurt the EU's finances too. the cost of living is gonna go through the roof

Putin is sitting on several hundred of billions of dollars to cushion the first impact of the SWIFT blow. He's gonna have to resort to this type of stuff after a while to keep his war economy afloat :

try and expand the alternative he set up for SWIFT a few years back. right now only 20 non Russian banks are in it lol

do business through Belarus to work around the SWIFT system that'll work until Belarus gets the same treatment as Russia. he might find some other allies (Kazakhstan?)

do business with China even more than now

of course Putin is still faaaar away from having to resort to Assad tactics (drug funded state etc etc) or North Korean strategies (smuggling economy and slave labor economy)
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooch View Post
    You mad bro?
    Correcting your geography

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    looks like the EU as a whole is now pushing for Russian banks to be kicked off the SWIFT banking transfer system after all. US and Canada are in favor of it too so it's gonna happen. blocking of the Russian Central Bank's credits/assets is in the works too

in terms of finances this is the most severe option there is, it's like the nukes in warfare. that is, apart from saying no to Russian gas and oil, which is hardly feasibly in terms of current energy use in the EU (but let's see in a few years)

pretty amazing to see all of the EU rally around this. looks like Putin is eliciting more fear than even he feels is productive this time around

of course once again this will hurt the EU's finances too. the cost of living is gonna go through the roof

Putin is sitting on several hundred of billions of dollars to cushion the first impact of the SWIFT blow. He's gonna have to resort to this type of stuff after a while to keep his war economy afloat :

try and expand the alternative he set up for SWIFT a few years back. right now only 20 non Russian banks are in it lol

do business through Belarus to work around the SWIFT system that'll work until Belarus gets the same treatment as Russia. he might find some other allies (Kazakhstan?)

do business with China even more than now

of course Putin is still faaaar away from having to resort to Assad tactics (drug funded state etc etc) or North Korean strategies (smuggling economy and slave labor economy)

This will do nothing and they'll stop when the news isn't news anymore. This is really some 'we're not friends with you anymore' type of shit. You can't gain an entire country, then be made that someone started what basically amounts to your paypal account for banks (that they'll reopen eventually). It's still a net gain. It's also an autocracy of people that are used to being poor or having shitty institutions so 'we're going to make your finances inconvenient' does nothing. I'm sure everyone already know this.

SWIFT is one of many options for transactions, so I don't get this and I don't see how they won't just develop their own or use whatever the chinese are using. This is literally a bank-Facebook ban.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenchild View Post
    Correcting your geography
    Very perceptive. Proud of ya.

Banned

Sign up zooruka! Let’s see all these Twitter soldiers put their money where their mouth is.

Putin pulling out the nukes. threatening Ukraine into submission with the implicot threat of use of small tactical nukes in Ukraine

large nukes being pulled out to scare off the world since a big part of Russia's army is now in Ukraine and Belarus, which leaves Russia itself 'vulnerable' to the outside world.

looks like Putin isn't too happy with being kicked out off SWIFT and the invasion slower than expected progress

peace talks at the Belarus-Ukraine border, on Ukraine territory are now scheduled
    Retired.

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    Putin pulling out the nukes. threatening Ukraine into submission with the implicot threat of use of small tactical nukes in Ukraine

large nukes being pulled out to scare off the world since a big part of Russia's army is now in Ukraine and Belarus, which leaves Russia itself 'vulnerable' to the outside world.

looks like Putin isn't too happy with being kicked out off SWIFT and the invasion slower than expected progress

peace talks at the Belarus-Ukraine border, on Ukraine territory are now scheduled
    Scary stuff.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

They've absolutely fucked Russia's economy. Europe closes it's airspace but so does Russia in return. Russia is set to play Poland in a World cup qualifying playoff game but Poland have refused to play them. Fifa being Fifa have said the game will be played in a neutral venue, no Russian flags or national anthem which is bollocks. Either ban them or not. I don't agree with banning the nations flag and then expecting the Russian team to take the pitch. This is more like Fifa don't have the balls to ban Russia outright so expect the Russian team to not turn up themselves. If they do and Poland don't show then Russia will end up in the World cup through forfeit which would be funny.

As for the war itself, I still don't think the Russians are going fall force but this conflict has shown that their airforce isn't up to the standards of NATO's top airforces as they can't take control of the skies against similar aircraft. Ukrainians are letting Russian tanks roll forward and focusing on the supply convoys behind. Meaning the Russian tanks are running out of fuel or are separated on the battlefield making them easier targets for anti-tank missiles.

All the talk about NATO being the ones goading Russia. Well this action will end up with both Finland and Sweden joining NATO. Nobody talks about Russia's meddling in the balkans, the latest case being Bosnia where there's a legit political crisis which has been instigated by Moscow.

Quote Originally Posted by HANZO View Post
    Fifa being Fifa have said the game will be played in a neutral venue, no Russian flags or national anthem which is bollocks. Either ban them or not.
    I think FIFA and UEFA have both banned Russia now?

Quote Originally Posted by HANZO View Post
    As for the war itself, I still don't think the Russians are going fall force but this conflict has shown that their airforce isn't up to the standards of NATO's top airforces.

I agree……I was talking with my dad and he said so far the war has been a disaster for Russia because in like 5 or 6 days they haven’t taken a major city? I expected Russia to be stronger?