Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dom Pachino : "Making music w/ Killarmy is in my past"

For real. I don't get why Bandcamp is not bigger. The platform offers a much fairer cut, direct sale of merch, and a whole lot of control. They even do Bandcamp fridays, where everything goes to the artist. I have been browsing for hiphop on there for some time, and it looks like it only slowly is showing up there.

Another thing I love is the tags. Via these I have been discovering weird stuff all over. Like you would in a shop. That being said, they need to fix their search engine.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Set View Post
    For real. I don't get why Bandcamp is not bigger. The platform offers a much fairer cut, direct sale of merch, and a whole lot of control. They even do Bandcamp fridays, where everything goes to the artist. I have been browsing for hiphop on there for some time, and it looks like it only slowly is showing up there.

Another thing I love is the tags. Via these I have been discovering weird stuff all over. Like you would in a shop. That being said, they need to fix their search engine.
    its because everyone and their grandma wants to be Spotify hot but unless you have a major label budget behind you, you’re kidding yourself as an indie artist if you think Spotify is worth it. Literally Spotify robs these dudes in broad daylight by paying them Pennie’s for thousands of plays but because they wanna be able to brag about doing numbers in the proximity of big names , they play themselves , what’s worse is that Spotify has tweaked their algorithm to literally only recognize people who get a certain number of plays so if you can’t afford major promo and a web street team to get you crazy huge numbers , you will stay in the Spotify graveyard .

you know? It’s popular so everyone wants to have one , meanwhile on bandcamp, I’m making bank from my hard work whole making more, so if you sold something for like 10 bucks, they take like 3 with a bit of tax here and there and you end up getting like 6 bucks which is a very fair deal to ne

Quote Originally Posted by RADIOACTIVE MAN View Post
    its because everyone and their grandma wants to be Spotify hot but unless you have a major label budget behind you, you’re kidding yourself as an indie artist if you think Spotify is worth it. Literally Spotify robs these dudes in broad daylight by paying them Pennie’s for thousands of plays but because they wanna be able to brag about doing numbers in the proximity of big names , they play themselves , what’s worse is that Spotify has tweaked their algorithm to literally only recognize people who get a certain number of plays so if you can’t afford major promo and a web street team to get you crazy huge numbers , you will stay in the Spotify graveyard .

you know? It’s popular so everyone wants to have one , meanwhile on bandcamp, I’m making bank from my hard work whole making more, so if you sold something for like 10 bucks, they take like 3 with a bit of tax here and there and you end up getting like 6 bucks which is a very fair deal to ne
    I've been seeing that. Lately, I've also been confronted with 'look at this profile, they got like 5.000.000 followers.' But I am more and more wondering what that even means. Because it goes into what you are saying, the count does not equal money, or a fair share even. The number thing, though I do get why it is interesting, and that it is usefull to get some insights. I just don't think, most definitely as a beginning artist, that you should focus on solely Spotify.

What yu are telling me, is that Bandcamp is taking +/- 30%. Which seems like a fair deal given that they are hosting your album, and they are immediately offering to for streaming to fans. You do pay a bit a month for your account if I am correct. But the thing is, they way you can interact on BC, (send personal message when buying, leave comment on the album/track/EP with your favorite track, get on the mailing list and send direct messages or receive personal updates), I think that way is connecting you way more with your actual base, and that is a base that is way more loyal an honest. They are less trend sensitive like the people on Spotify just eating up what the algo serves up.

What Bandcamp does have to work on, is their search engine. Though I did find some weird things through it, I think nobody is going for that record shop digging anymore with a search engine. I do get that feeling often when I am using it.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997