Thread: The Smile (Radiohead Side Project 2022)

Default The Smile (Radiohead Side Project 2022)

The lineup is Thom Yorke, Jonny Greenwood, their producer Nigel Godrich and drummer Tom Skinner from jazz band Sons Of Kemet. 'The Smoke' is dope, will be checking for the album whenever it comes.

The first single.

I'll have to check this out. I dl'ed a bunch of stuff I missed, recently. Thom's second solo album. Ed's solo album. Kid Amnesia. I think maybe some other shit I forgot about. I know Johnny did some soundtracks or something. Maybe Thom too. I might've dl'ed them.I think ed's album was pretty good. Kinda just got a bit bored of them. It became where it's not really experimental anymore and just sounds old hat. In Rainbows to me is easily their best album. I wish they'd just stick to shit like that instead of always trying to do something different that's not really different anymore.

Moon Shaped Pool was amazing to me. Maybe my favorite album of theirs, although Kid A and Amnesiac have endless replay value.

This Smile project is great so far. Everything on point.

I went thru a massive phase where Radiohead was about all I really wanted to hear. I thought about half of king of limbs was really good n the other half average with a throwaway or 2. By the thyme moon shaped pool came out i was really just like meh. I heard it a good few thymes but just couldn't get into it.

Even tried coming back to it after long breaks a few thymes.

But the other Radiohead fan i know in the real world was like u when i told him that. Didn't say it was his fave or anything, but he really liked it.

I'll have to try it again. Give it a few more goes. Their music has always taken thyme to digest. It was never just like this is amazing first thyme or even first few thymes i heard it. Actually I'm pretty sure i thought in Rainbows was a fucking snooze fest for the first 10 listens or so, haha. Now it's prob an all thyme top 20 album for me.

Most really rewarding and lasting music takes thyme to digest. I love subtlety.

Anyway, yeah, I'll give moon shaped pool another chance.