Thread: Rigz x Muggs - Gold

'Section 9'

Default Rigz x Muggs - Gold

I dont think I've seen this one mentioned...one of my favorite Muggs collabs already. Beats are fire

The ABBOTT

RIGZ is a quality MC. But Muggs, damn, this is a masterpiece in production for sure, props for posting this one.

This is definitely one of the better recent Muggs collabs.

It's probably worth pointing out that some of the beats (at least 3 of them) are old beats from late 90's, early 2000's.

Muggs posted on Instagram recently that the beat on 'Heads On The Wall' was made back in 1995.

The beat on 'What We Got' was from around the time of Soul Assassins II. I've got the original version that had Defari spitting on it.

The beat on '24 Karats' was from around 1997. I've got the original version that was intended for the Call O' Da Wild album, and the beat also appeared as a brief interlude on the first Soul Assassins album right before the Mobb Deep track.

Muggs said a few weeks back that he had found a massive stash of his old DAT's with loads of his beats, samples, etc.

There may be other older beats on this Rigz album, who knows.

Not on the album, but Rigz also did a freestyle over the 'Decisions, Decisions' beat a few weeks ago.

Peace!
    Last edited by Pattch82; 02-01-2022 at 10:25 AM.

'Section 9'

Quote Originally Posted by Pattch82 View Post
    This is definitely one of the better recent Muggs collabs.

It's probably worth pointing out that some of the beats (at least 3 of them) are old beats from late 90's, early 2000's.

Muggs posted on Instagram recently that the beat on 'Heads On The Wall' was made back in 1995.

The beat on 'What We Got' was from around the time of Soul Assassins II. I've got the original version that had Defari spitting on it.

The beat on '24 Karats' was from around 1997. I've got the original version that was intended for the Call O' Da Wild album, and the beat also appeared as a brief interlude on the first Soul Assassins album right before the Mobb Deep track.

Muggs said a few weeks back that he had found a massive stash of his old DAT's with loads of his beats, samples, etc.

There may be other older beats on this Rigz album, who knows.

Not on the album, but Rigz also did a freestyle over the 'Decisions, Decisions' beat a few weeks ago.

Peace!
    Dope! That explains Heads on a Wall...that track is filthy.

Hopefully we hear more lost stuff. A little disappointed to hear some tracks were reused but I do love old Muggs production

Yeah the old Muggs was the best Muggs imo. Some of these new collaborations start to sound very much the same as each other. Not a lot to differentiate between one album and the next except there's a different MC spitting.

I much prefer the old Versus albums... GZA, Sick Jacken (my personal favourite), Planet Asia, etc. And the first Soul Assassins album is a classic!

Peace!

'Section 9'

Couldn't agree more

nada ignorante

Muggs been underrated
    N.I.