Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Killah Priest & The Holocaust - Savage Sanctuary (2022)

Default Killah Priest & The Holocaust - Savage Sanctuary (2022)

https://killahpriestwutang.bandcamp....vage-sanctuary

1. Savage Ritual
    2. Butcher Bone Network
    3. Vultures Pt. 2
    4. Off With Their Heads Ft. American Poets 2099 & HRSMN (Kurupt, Ras Kass, Canibus)
    5. Savage Sanctuary Pt. 2 Ft. American Poets 2099 (Pro The Leader, Nova Kane, Bootface)
    6. Doomsday Pt. 2 Ft.Dom Pachino, Kinetic 9 & Shogun Assason of Killarmy
    7. Barefoot 04:32
    8. HRSMN Time Ft. American Poets 2099, HRSMN & Irie-1
    9. Me, Myself and Rhyme Ft. Masta of Ceremoniez
    10. Hood Stories Ft. Thea Van Seijen
    11. Dark Lords, Sharp Swords Ft. School Of The Gifted (Shaka Amazulu The 7th, Solomon Childs)
    12. Diary Of A Madman Pt. 2 Ft. Black Knights (Doc Doom, Crisis Tha Sharpshooter, Rugged Monk) & Gravediggaz (Frukwan, Shabazz The Disciple)

"Fans have been pairing Priest vs The Holocaust for over a decade now, only right to bring them together on Sanctuary Savage, this is the title of the song they were both featured together on an American Poets 2099 release some years back that sparked or inspired this album.

One of the best from both coasts, Sunz of Man meets Black Knights, Gravediggaz meets Da Monstar Mob, HRSMN meets American Poets 2099, Black Market Militia meets Warghosts, much more but ultimately Killah Priest meets The Holocaust."

Releases March 18, 2022

Tracks 1,2,5,6 and 8, Produced by Skarekrow
    Track 3 Produced by Prime Music
    Tracks 4 and 7 Produced by Excalibur
    Track 9 Produced by Bronze Nazareth
    Track 10 Produced by Deeskee
    Track 11 Produced by Shaka Amazulu the 7th
    Track 12 Produced by RZA

Additional Production
    St. Louis (04), Nu3tron (08, 10)

Mixed By:
    Tracks 1,2,3,7 and 10 by Deeskee for Weightless Audio Productions
    Tracks 4 and 5 by Federico Csik Lopez at the Druglab Los Angeles California
    Tracks 6,8,9,10, and 12 by Nu3tron at Pinnacle Sound Santa Ana California
    Track 11 Mixed by Shaka Amazulu the 7th @ Classroom Z'Nox, BabyLonDon, England

Executive Producers
    Pro The Leader & Shaka Amazulu The 7th
    Album Mastered by Deeskee for Weightless Audio Productions.
    Illustrations by Gary Alford
    Graphics Design by Tea Design

Last edited by Dark Matter; 02-05-2022 at 04:15 AM.

LMAO, I was about to post the same because I just came across it on bandcamp. I was just randomly clicking through shit because Priest has like 3-4 pages with his name attached to it.

@Cilvaringz, I remember you mentioning Diary Of A Mad Man pt 2 ages ago. Is this the same track?
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Set View Post
    LMAO, I was about to post the same because I just came across it on bandcamp. I was just randomly clicking through shit because Priest has like 3-4 pages with his name attached to it.

@Cilvaringz, I remember you mentioning Diary Of A Mad Man pt 2 ages ago. Is this the same track?
    could be this track and added Gravediggaz.

https://blackknightsofthenorthstar.b...-2-prod-by-rza

Jesus christ, this release is a mess with all the different versions.
    Album
    Instrumental
    Pre-Savage Sanctuary Bonus EP Mixtape
    Diary of a Mad Man Single
    LIMITED EDITION EP MIXTAPE (10 ONLY) Compact Disc (CD) + Digital Album

01: Cactus

02: The Gravedigger Ft. Fruwkan, Shabazz The Disciple & Shaka Amazulu the 7th

03: T.E.A. Ft. Mega-Powers

04: Soldiers of Darkness Pt 2 Ft. Bomshot

05: RLGN

06: Mind of An Assassin Pt. 3 Ft. Sunz of Man (Hell Razah, 60 Second Assassin & ProdiGAL Sunn)

07: Last Supper Unmixed Snippet Ft. Cappadonna, Kevlaar 7, Crisis Tha Sharpshooter, Napoleon, 9th Prince, Inspectah Deck, Solomon Childs, Tommy Whispers, Shaka Amazulu The 7th, Darkim Be Allah, Timbo King, Dexter Wiggle, Christbearer, Buddha Monk, Shabazz The Disciple, Meko Da Pharaoh, LA The Darkman

- - - Updated - - -

How you sharing a snippet with 10 people on there?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rzatrax View Post

The audio quality of this is really shitty. But yeah, this would line up with the production credits & Shaka Amazulu The 7th being involved.

Interesting collab. Would love to hear the Bronze joint.

Shaolin Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Set View Post

How you sharing a snippet with 10 people on there?
    Shaka built his empire on snippets

fresh from the kitchen CL2coming's Avatar

Wu folk need to stop using Gary Alford for cover artÂ… real amateur looking.

And Shaka remains a mystery to me. How does he keep putting out these releases? Does he just licence recycled and unused verses from someone like M-Eighty and paste it all into an “album”? Or is he really getting these guys to work together?

Will check for this regardless. Shaka’s last album with Priest was fairly solid.

Track line up looks solid……Hopefully they put out some good music?

The Holocaust verse from the DOAMM pt.2 is obviously an old verse. Was released and featured on track # 7 on

https://www.discogs.com/release/1692...ares-Resurface

PRODIGAL SUN

I want this����

Veteran Member

The Holocaust verse from the DOAMM pt.2 is obviously an old verse. Was released and featured on track # 7 on

https://www.discogs.com/release/1692...ares-Resurface

There is still one more verse from a song on the Original Holocaust Articles track that has not released... I've always wanted to hear that shit.

It was great to get the Doc Doom verse on DOAMM2 on the Black Knights/ Northstar album even though the quality before the splice was ass

I'm a huge Holo fan and have all his albums, collabs, stitched together shits. But now just looking at this tracklist I' m kinda disgusted. For 12 tracks only and looking at the line up it looks even more stitched together. Also Shaka has no vision for albums as an executive producer. He just throws verses together. And good audio quality - the SAME audio quality on all tracks? I can only hope but I wouldn't bet on it.

I mean look at this tracklist and tell me how many (old but in the best case unreleased) Holo verses it'll consist of? How many verses does it take to stitch together an album like this? 12 only? Sure there's new (?) KP verses and all. But right now I'be reached the point : leave Holo in peace. Is he profiting from this album? Does he know it's dropping? Are any of the artists or producers featured on the album even in touch with him at this point?

I guess the writing was on the wall when I decided not to buy the last similar effort, even though I listened to it quite a bit and it even sound good as an album. But I didn't buy it like I did with all of his previous output.

I mean, are they gonna pair Holo with another Killa Bee every new year, search the vaults for ten to twelve verses and have American Poets et all supply new verses to flesh out an album?

IDK man I'm having a hard time with this right now. Three years ago I would have been as enthusiastic as everybody above me in this thread. But today I feel like we're listening to questionably put together archived material from an artist who is not a recording artist in 2022. Some Elvis type stuff. 2025 : Holocaust meets the London Symphonic Orchestra.
    Retired.

Tell me the tracklist doesn't look like it was put together at a 3 way business meeting on Facetime between Pro, Shaka and Priest
    Retired.

Veteran Member

^^^unfortunately you're not wrong. I'm passing on this too...i feel like I've been burned by BSOM too many times.

The most expensive package (with the Diary of a Mad Man single) was sold out by the time I saw this...and at first I was disappointed but then realized it probably contains the following

1. Diary of a Mad Man Pt2 (ASS Mix from BKOTNS Album)
    2. Diary of a Mad Man Pt2 (ASS Mix from KP/Holocaust Album with "all new" patched in verses)
    3. Diary of a Mad Man Pt2 (Instrumental)

We'll see what the final product sounds like...but like everyone releasing Holocaust projects previously: it just seems like the demand for his music is recognized and people are using him as a way to attract sales (and to charge an exorbitant amount for special/limited versions of projects with bonus tracks....ie Jigsaw Puzzle vinyl with bonus tracks...that poor dude one here paid like 150 USD for it for the vinyl to sound completely fucked).

So I listened to the Diary of a Mad Man Pt 2, and it sounded horrible and stitched together. Decided to see how it looked in my spectrum analyser, and it looks like a somebody's first mash up from different sources. If you are paying for this, and the single is anything like this, I would file for your money back.

Quote Originally Posted by CL2coming View Post
    Wu folk need to stop using Gary Alford for cover artÂ… real amateur looking.
    Not a fan either. I don't like the style, it looks like somebody's fan art. On top of that, it is just the same over and over. There is not real improvement, so it comes of like a bad imitation of North Korean propaganda works. As in that it is just factory work. Full disclosure, I find the North Korean propaganda art way more interesting. Those have stories behind it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    I'm a huge Holo fan and have all his albums, collabs, stitched together shits. But now just looking at this tracklist I' m kinda disgusted. For 12 tracks only and looking at the line up it looks even more stitched together. Also Shaka has no vision for albums as an executive producer. He just throws verses together. And good audio quality - the SAME audio quality on all tracks? I can only hope but I wouldn't bet on it.

I mean look at this tracklist and tell me how many (old but in the best case unreleased) Holo verses it'll consist of? How many verses does it take to stitch together an album like this? 12 only? Sure there's new (?) KP verses and all. But right now I'be reached the point : leave Holo in peace. Is he profiting from this album? Does he know it's dropping? Are any of the artists or producers featured on the album even in touch with him at this point?

I guess the writing was on the wall when I decided not to buy the last similar effort, even though I listened to it quite a bit and it even sound good as an album. But I didn't buy it like I did with all of his previous output.

I mean, are they gonna pair Holo with another Killa Bee every new year, search the vaults for ten to twelve verses and have American Poets et all supply new verses to flesh out an album?

IDK man I'm having a hard time with this right now. Three years ago I would have been as enthusiastic as everybody above me in this thread. But today I feel like we're listening to questionably put together archived material from an artist who is not a recording artist in 2022. Some Elvis type stuff. 2025 : Holocaust meets the London Symphonic Orchestra.
    What are you saying Hal? Holo is not active any more? Because I thought he was still busy.

And what you saying is not that farfetched. Look at the quality of the releases from BSOM. I fell for the Orphanage thing, hoping it would be a proper release. Only to discover I paid for a fucking bootleg created from MP3's found on the net. Should have filed for a reimbursement of my money. So at this point I mash up of verses and new beats and a rebranding just to sell to some fans that don't know seems like the modus operandi. Too bad you can't warn people on bandcamp.
    Last edited by Jet Set; 02-06-2022 at 06:46 AM.