Thread: 2022 Winter Olympics in China

{>____<}

Default 2022 Winter Olympics in China

I'll tune in. In China again?
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

They have the clout to meet IOC demands. No clean air? WE'LL CREATE KLEEN AIR! No snow? WE'LL CREATE SNOH! No freedom? WE'LL CREATE oh hang on
    Retired.

The Soviet Union is in the lead for most Golds. Fuck the Olympics.

I'm good on all these Asian countries hosting the olympics.. like cool, you probably didn't get to back in the day but y'all had your chance multiple times now, back to some eauropean countries, at least for the winter Olympics.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackula Spectacula View Post
    I'm good on all these Asian countries hosting the olympics.. like cool, you probably didn't get to back in the day but y'all had your chance multiple times now, back to some eauropean countries, at least for the winter Olympics.
    i don't think any European country wants to host it for financial reasons. Only a handful can anyway and they are all turning their backs on these big sporting tournaments cause it costs too much. This is especially the case with the winter olympics as it doesn't bring in the high levels of revenue like the summer games do. European nations no longer want to host football tournaments, not a lot of countries are bidding and if they do it's joint bids with other nations.

So I won't be surprised if we see a winter olympics in Saudi Arabia or something in the near future.

That sucks, I really enjoy watching the winter Olympics, more than the summer one.

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by Blackula Spectacula View Post
    That sucks, I really enjoy watching the winter Olympics, more than the summer one.
    For the first time since I can remember, I am not watching the Winter Games. It's in China so I'm straight. There's no snow, they built a ski jump next to a nuclear power plant.

Hopefully, in in 2026, the Winter Games are held in an area that actually has a Winter. Like, uh, Denver, CO or Argentina?
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

Banned

People who watch the Olympics are strange.