Thread: Tears For Fears

Default Tears For Fears

Any fans?

They just released a new album which sounds pretty good, although I need to digest more. One of the best 80s groups imo, just classy, timeless pop songs.

Been years sunce their last album, like 2005 or so. I love their eighties and nineties stuff. The voices go together well

I haven't checked the new album yet. I read a pretty devastating review but might still check it. Been listening to 2000-2005 hiphop mostly the last 2 weeks
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 03-03-2022 at 12:18 PM.
    Retired.

I like the most known singles, but never heard a whole album.

The ABBOTT

I will have to give their new album a listen. What is named?

^ The Tipping Point.

I can't say that it competes with their first 2 albums, it sounds more Beatles/McCartney, a bit like their 3rd album.

I read an interview with Orbazal today. the shit he's been through over the last few years ... wow ... his wife was taking medication for depression and combined it with alcohol against medical advice. she died of the alcohol around 2017 or so. this made Orbazal drink more in turn and he had to go to rehab

he recorded an album with the other guy in the group, Carl, with material written by a revolving roster of young 'hitmakers'. they didn't feel the end result and archived the album

during COVID they started recording stuff together over acoustic guitar and the new album was born

just to give you some context. I still have to check out the album

can't link to the interview because it was in Dutch in a local newspaper
    Retired.

The ABBOTT

I gave this a listen. Very generic, nothing great but not terrible either. Maybe i need to give it a few more spins though.