Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Method Man still in his prime???

Default Is Method Man still in his prime???

Method Man is an amazing MC, after 30 years in the game I feel he still in his prime, every recent thing I hear from him is straight fire!!!!

exemple :

Is he still in his prime??

If you dont agree say when for you was he in his prime and post exemples of it.

Peace!!!

Veteran Member

100%

He continues to impress me all the time

PRODIGAL SUN

yea, his past work was so underated, he got no choice but to put out fire tracks

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Yes, as long as he has that filthy, grimy production, he can always deliver.

Dude remains in his prime. His flow is impeccable. Also he has less of a habit of throwing in a corny simile now and again as compared to Deck, who is also still a beast on the mic
    Retired.

Yeah but it makes it frustrating that he hasn't made a real album in so long.

You guys are on crack. His prime was over 20 years ago. Tical, All I Need, Tical 2000, Blackout, How High.

Don't act like he's still in his prime. It's embarrassing

Melf Nederlandse lifestyle & hiphop community. Voor bazen. De beste website van de wereld.[

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    Dude remains in his prime. His flow is impeccable. Also he has less of a habit of throwing in a corny simile now and again as compared to Deck, who is also still a beast on the mic
    "It's a Daily Show like Trevor Noah." All respect goes out to Trevor Noah for mentioning Doggie Diamonds on his show. I never expected to hear his name on there. Doggie Diamonds give him a shout back on his platform

Veteran Member

No because he doesn’t have a clue how to chose a good beat.

Method man is proof of what i've been saying about rappers. It makes 0 sense for someone to be a worst rapper with age because it's not a physical thing. It's like getting worst at counting numbers, which can only happen if you stop doing it. But for a professional rapper, idk mane.

I think method man is constantly improving and challenging himself in general and that's why he's still a great rapper. He's getting better as a person physically, he's always maturing, he's becoming a better and better actor, etc. So I think his general mindset makes him a great rapper at his age. I prefer the older method man what was more sing-songy but objectively he's better at rapping now than when he started. I get the sense that someone stupid got into his head about that style because idk how someone goes plat. doing something then completely stops doing it from then on.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

He needs a good production team. Still has the bars.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

He has a voice and flow that never aged. I think he was capable of much more in his rap career, but insisted on waiting for RZA to produce for him. He could have really been the star but he'd rather do his craft well. Even as an actor, hes an excellent character actor, hes not trying to be a star.

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    Method man is proof of what i've been saying about rappers. It makes 0 sense for someone to be a worst rapper with age because it's not a physical thing. It's like getting worst at counting numbers, which can only happen if you stop doing it. But for a professional rapper, idk mane.

I think method man is constantly improving and challenging himself in general and that's why he's still a great rapper. He's getting better as a person physically, he's always maturing, he's becoming a better and better actor, etc. So I think his general mindset makes him a great rapper at his age. I prefer the older method man what was more sing-songy but objectively he's better at rapping now than when he started. I get the sense that someone stupid got into his head about that style because idk how someone goes plat. doing something then completely stops doing it from then on.
    Great post!

Lyrically, Meth is sharper then ever. Ever.

Some things that we lost with his age and maturing is:
    -The MAD eccentric vibe and some unusual lyrical references
    -The crazy experimental flows and playfulness in the voice
    -----> Check Rev. William Burks aka Chuuuch "Nigowkno", "Runnit" and "Ganja"
    -----> KAMi Genesis, vol1, vol2 and vol3- beat tapes
    https://open.spotify.com/artist/48z4...QcWWL0Pat0qEDQ

nada ignorante

Meth got better with the flow. Rza got way worse with production. This is the truth
    N.I.