Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: CELEBRITY DEATH MATCH : Will Smith vs Chris Rock!

Rock's brother had some shit to say.

They've also paused production on 2 of Big Willie's movies, one of them being Bad Boys IV
    Retired.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

They clearly do not want Martin Lawrence to get the shit slapped out of him if he accidentally pisses off Will..
    Last edited by David Daniel Davis; 05-21-2022 at 04:32 AM.

How good is jada's pussy where you have to knock niggas out for mentioning her name and still let soft R&B niggas hit that pussy on the side?

Retired.

I don't like this dude

{>____<}

Who watched Chris Rock's Netflix live special?
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

I saw the clips on Twitter where he talked about 'being slapped by a muthafukka almost a year ago' and when he called Jada a bitch. I don't have Netflix anymore.

I realize he saved up this stuff for a show but it's extremely late as a televised response. He may have been saying this on shows around the country earlier on but that wasn't on TV.

You could argue he picked the right times with the Oscars coming up but to me it's just late. It makes his response look weak.

Also, I saw a cringeworthy clip from some talkshow with Chris Rock, Ricky Gervais, Louis CK and Jerry Seinfeld where everyone except for Seinfeld was saying the N word. Superlame. IDK how old that clip is but it's making the rounds again.
    Retired.

I also read about Will Smith letting a white actor 'ad lib' spitting on Smith's bare chest twice during the filming of 'Emancipation'. It wasn't even in the script.
    Retired.

Whats your opinion on that stuff?

IIRC the comedians were discussing use of the word, which is difficult without saying which word it is, plus in a short clip would lose context. I can't remember exactly what they said though, was it really bad? CK has definitely said some dodgy shit over the years.

There's a case to say they're both sellouts, or that the context or understanding of those situations makes them justifiable.

it was CK saying he's been using the n word in his shows for years and then Rock chimes in and says he's doing it as well (IIRC). But it's not the same situation right? Then Gervais comes in and says he doesn't use the word (but says the word in this context just to name it). Seinfeld just made it clear he feels uncomfortable using the word, he doesn't use it

it looked to me like Chris Rock didn't see coming what CK said and then just rolled with it

I get the idea that Rock is very conflict avoiding outside of his stand up performances but that's really just my impression
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    Who watched Chris Rock's Netflix live special?
    Did you watch it, Ironman? Was the show entertaining?
    Retired.

Thats the way that generation of comics talked to each other, and it looks bad through todays lens.

Rock and CK are good friends so it didn't come straight out of leftfield. Those guys were the edgy Gen X comics. Even Seinfeld was an edgy comic in terms of his philosophy of comedy, despite avoiding foul language. Gervais made his name exploring the tension around political correctness.

Its going to look even worse from future perspectives. That generation ain't gonna suddenly switch up now though.

I can't defend that specific case, but I will say that the young generation of comedians are not funny, while those 4 are arguably geniuses of the craft.