Thread: Nuclear War

{>____<}

Default Nuclear War

This has been on my mind lately due to the Ukraine War. What're your thoughts on this?
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

You never know with Putin but at most a tactical nuke on Kyiv, which would be bad enough. Sorry for repeating myself, I posted this in the Ukraine thread earlier too.
    Retired.

Nuclear weapons are stupid, they take all the fun outta war. Also too produce one nuclear weapon takes a stupid amount of time and effort it’s almost ridiculous.

^ You said this before. Theres no fun in war. You could reasonably say the 20th century would be riddled with widespread bloodshed if not for the invention of Atomic bombs.

Theres no telling how far the world might have been set back by that.

I rather have an alien invasion than nuclear war.

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    You never know with Putin but at most a tactical nuke on Kyiv, which would be bad enough. Sorry for repeating myself, I posted this in the Ukraine thread earlier too.
    Both the US and Russia have over 5K Hydrogen Bombs each. The atomic bomb that was use in Japan in WWII is nothing compared to what is in stock today. One H-Bomb can produce a small Sun (fireball). Depending on the bomb's size, the fireball can be 2-5 miles wide at 10-13K degrees. That's hotter that the surface of the Sun abd this is just one H-Bomb. I don't want to think about the radioactive fallout.

Russia's Tsar Bomba is in stock today. Russia will not most use this bomb due to its size. Russia made Tsar Bomba for clout and to show the world their power. It worked because NATO held an emergency meeting after seeing that fireball and mushroom cloud.

People who were 65 miles away received 3rd burns.

Quote Originally Posted by zooruka View Post
    Nuclear weapons are stupid, they take all the fun outta war. Also too produce one nuclear weapon takes a stupid amount of time and effort itÂ’s almost ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    ^ You said this before. Theres no fun in war. You could reasonably say the 20th century would be riddled with widespread bloodshed if not for the invention of Atomic bombs.

Theres no telling how far the world might have been set back by that.
    Sha's right. The atomic bomb ended the WWII. No other country wanted that thing dropped on them.

Then again, testing of these weapons came at a price. The Castle Bravo testing produce America's first H-bomb in the '50s with a small Sun (fireball) that was 5 miles wide. Reports stated that men who experienced the explosion were in a state of horror. Some were calling out to their mothers, some cried, some were in a state of stock, screaming, etc. The light was so bright, men could see their skeletons through their eye lids.

The bomb was a display of absolute raw power. If a 50 megaton bomb was dropped today, I couldn't imagine the death and destruction.
    Last edited by IrOnMaN; 04-07-2022 at 03:49 PM.

$

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255449758855

$10,000 Iron Tank

{>____<}

The GIF above was a H-Bomb detonation that occurred in the '50s in the Bikini Islands. People need to understand that nuclear weapons are man-made Suns. As you can see in the pictures above, fireballs expansion is for a few seconds and then a bright flash follows which last approximately seconds as it expands to 2-4 miles in diameter (the fireball expands faster than the speed of sound). The whole duration of that bright flash is 100% raw heat (7K degrees Fahrenheit or hotter). Depending on the megatons, anything below the fireball is glassed and gassed as the heat vaporizes it and the shockwave blows the material away. Anything miles away will catch fire if flammable, plastics will instantly melt, metal gets extremely hot (possibly will melt), people's skin will blister and will peel if exposed, fat will melt, asphalt roads will turn into pools.

This flash of bright light will burn out eyes instantly, even if they're looking at reflecting surfaces like white paint facing the fireball. People'll receive 3rd burns as far as 14 miles, 2nd degree burns as far as 20 miles, and 1st burns past 25-30 miles. Long lasting blindness (not permanent) to anyone who viewed the fireball over 50 miles away. The Fallout (radioactive elements that settle to the ground after a nuclear detonation) is extreme. You get the picture. A true city killer/doomsday device.

FYI

The ABBOTT

Nuclear blast in virtual reality.