Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kendrick Lamar - Mr Morale & The Big Steppers (New LP)

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    Most fans aren't saying its that good. Anyway we don't know if the album will age well.

But yeah you have to count the generational thing - musically and culturally Kendrick just makes more sense to the younger generation, especially with him addressing all the current social issues.

I was vibing to a few tracks earlier - count me out and die hard.
    Ngl a few tracks definitely grew on me due to the low key vibe, but Kendrick is singing too much on this. This album is definitely on the lower tier of his catalog imo

TPAB
    GKMC
    DAMN
    MMATBS

”Still craps and lies” Andy Warhov's Avatar

That N95 is a banga

nada ignorante

Guru was an intellect rapper from the streets RIP.

Kendrick is just a trendy rapper trying to sound intellect. See the difference?
    N.I.

Quote Originally Posted by hotnikks View Post

Totally agree!

Kendrick Lamar is overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by hotnikks View Post

Who cares about the difference though?

What's the argument? Because Gang Starr were dope you shouldn't listen to Kendrick? Cos that argument's clown shoes. And trendy? He's been popular for 10 years bro.

He is overrated sometimes. I never really got into TPAB, although I can respect it artistically.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

The Ebro In The Morning crew just played We Cry Together on Hot 97 and they all were like, "This song is mad toxic." Dope to hear some Alchemist on the radio..

nada ignorante

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    Who cares about the difference though?

What's the argument? Because Gang Starr were dope you shouldn't listen to Kendrick? Cos that argument's clown shoes. And trendy? He's been popular for 10 years bro.

He is overrated sometimes. I never really got into TPAB, although I can respect it artistically.
    Hes had a couple of good albums no doubt. Never Classics in my book. Kendrick would ve been just another rapper if he had any shine in the 90s...
    N.I.

You're probably right. The 90s were incredible though.

Also the culture and content was different then. If Kendrick was around back then, he might have been a different artist if you know what I'm saying.

”Still craps and lies” Andy Warhov's Avatar

Benny did a song on alchemist we cry together beat, on some real shit

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

Good album, dude is really a prolific writer, but not as enjoyable as Section 80, GKMC or TPAB
    bring back begongo!!

Kendrick is performing at Glastonbury Festival tonight, 9.30 PM local British time

if you get this channel where you live, you can watch the show on BBC2

otherwise you may want to try and find a livestream online

chances are bits and pieces of the concert will turn up on YT tomorrow too (not sure)

I see he's scheduled for a two and a half hour performance, which seems very long

on the other hand, Paul McCartney played for 2 hours and 40 minutes last night and it was pretty amazing

if you're not familiar with Glastonbury, the atmosphere is amazing

EDIT : here's the official website, which has some live streams (sound only), IDK if Kendrick will be on there. I just gave 2 other performances a go quickly and I see there's no geoblocking in place so you should be able to listen in from anywhere

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b007r6vx

^^ that page links to BBC iPlayer (free streaming platform) too, in the top menu, which has full video footage of performances (like Megan Thee Stallion), but iPlayer has geoblocking for a lot of its own content (don't know about Glastonbury) and you'll need to make a (free) account too
    Retired.

i dont know if too many people in the US are familiar with that concert. i looked it up and saw that some singer i never heard of called phobe bridges was saying fuck the US.

she's American lol (Pasadena)

she's pretty big in Europe in the alternative scene
    Retired.

she seems to fit right in with that oddball billie elish who is angry all the time. we only get bbc america here which plays mostly star trek shows.

I didn't know BBC America was a thing. Billie Eilish performed at Glastonbury on Friday (did not watch)
    Retired.