Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: WTC & Nas join forces for NY State Of Mind Tour

Quote Originally Posted by DarkeyeZ Da Riddla View Post
    I recorded the almost whole Toronto show. any that didn't make it, I can upload it for them. it was amazing.
    thats dope @DarkeyeZ please upload. peace.

Shaolin Master

Yea. Please do.

Greetings,

Not my footage (found on youtube) and embedd doesnt seem to work for we anymore but heres some of the Clan & Nas in WuDot. Enjoy!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJpdPXJ1PWs&t=612s

Went to the show in West Palm Beach. Overall, it was an incredible show. Busta had a short set and didn’t finish most of his songs but him and Spliff Star(who’s short as hell lol) had some really dope routines with synchronization and all. He’s the one who really knows how to work the crowd better than anyone.

Nas was dope. His set was really long. He performed his classics and a few new songs from his last two albums. He also joined Raekwon and Ghostface for Verbal Intercourse and he ended the show with the whole Clan on stage with One Mic.

Wu-Tang had the longest set. Solo songs by all of them, as well as group posse cuts. ODB’s son looks and acts just like him. Method Man wasn’t there and they definitely missed his live element, but all of them performed really solid. RZA is really good live too. When they performed Ice Cream and Ghost did his verse, everyone went crazy. And when Deck did Triumph and CREAM, everyone knew the lyrics.

Super dope.
    Last edited by puerto rock; 09-23-2022 at 08:16 AM.

I wonder how they could have ever sold this as a Wu-Tang Clan thing without Meth. Somebody must have lost their job over this.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

Method Man is NOT the Wu-Tang Clan.

”Still craps and lies” Andy Warhov's Avatar

Is there any video of thi tour?

Youtube has some clips as well as some short interviews. Would love for them to make a documentary of it.

Quote Originally Posted by puerto rock View Post
    Youtube has some clips as well as some short interviews. Would love for them to make a documentary of it.
    Isn't that what Nas does constantl with MassAppeal. Should be a sure shot to do a doc about this.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

Amsterdam and Paris are too far away in the sense that I'd have to pay for a hotel. I would have gone to Brussels if they went there.
    Retired.

Peace CT

I really hope we get some tracks out of this. Obviously a combined album would be asking way too much. Peace

Banned

I saw it in Sydney over the weekend and it was fucking amazing, I have a spotify playlist of all the songs except for You Can't Stop Me Now which isn't on there and Live at the BBQ is the wrong position because I forgot when he did it lol

This was far and away the best show I've ever seen from the Wu, they've been alright in Sydney in the past but this blew it out of the water. I think GZA, Rae and RZA had the most mic time while MK spit maybe 2 verses and he didn't come out for the 2nd of 3 wu sets lol Uey 5 verses tops. Cappadonna murdered 97 Mentality in the Rae-Ghost-Cappa set but Verbal Intercourse was just Rae and Nas which was a bit disappointing, I've actually never seen Cappa live and he was great. The live band is so much better for a big show than just playing the beats.

First time seeing Nas live too and he was great, his sets were probably longer because he did 2 instead of 3 like the Wu and he was doing a lot of 1 verses from songs except for stuff like NY State of Mind, Made You Look, Hate Me Now, One Mic and a few others.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeAll View Post
    Yo reporting lyve from WuDot (Toronto). Yesterdays show was dope. No Busta or Meth but still hype.

Had a cool structure of most generals coming out w a solo verse(s) b4 doing Clan joints. Order may be a bit off but heres what recall

RZA- Intro
    GZA- "Liquid Swords"
    Deck- "Above the Clouds"
    Rae- "Incarcerated Scarfaces"
    Ghost- "Mighty Healthy" (went crazy wild for this ����on)
    Cappa- 97 Mentality
    UGod, MK & YDB- "Da Mystey of Chessboxin"

Wu joints until Nas set including

"Verbal Intercourse" to transition to Wu set

Nas set

Wu set ending w ALL of "Triumph"
    Nas ends w "One Mic"
    Similar to the Sydney show which was:

RZA "You Can't Stop Me Now"
    GZA "Liquid Swords"
    INS and Cappadonna "For Heaven's Sake"
    Raekwon "Incarcerated Scarfaces"
    Ghost "Bring Da Ruckus"
    Uey and then MK "Da Mystery of Chessboxin" I am positive this was the only MK verse until Triumph which they ended with lol

Ended with all of them doing Triumph too and then One Mic but RZA and the Wu Band did an interpolation of Come Together instead of Smells Like Teen Spirit which fits so much better.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.