Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What’s the story behind ODB’s last recorded A Son Unique?

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Set View Post
    For real? I believe it is one of the documentaries from around that time, where you can see RZA feeding Dirt verses. He clearly did not have any material at that point. Also did not look like he was in writing mode.

Who is Royal flush exactly, never heard of him?
    im sure the rza produced songs arent by flush. But dame hired flush to write for dirty to help him adjust. He has confirmed it in many interviews now. Most notably prolly on drink champs with nore.

dirtys writing process is prolly the most mysterious to me cause which songs were and werent written by him always up for grabs. 12 wrote for dirty a lot in the earlier days id say more than ason unique days. Of course gza and rza rhymes early on as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ForensikZ View Post
    im sure the rza produced songs arent by flush. But dame hired flush to write for dirty to help him adjust. He has confirmed it in many interviews now. Most notably prolly on drink champs with nore.

dirtys writing process is prolly the most mysterious to me cause which songs were and werent written by him always up for grabs. 12 wrote for dirty a lot in the earlier days id say more than ason unique days. Of course gza and rza rhymes early on as well.
    A'ight. Weird that I missed that on Drink Champs.

Also, don't forget that article (https://www.complex.com/music/2011/1...-raw-hide-1995) from a few years ago.
    “Dirty was making his shit for damn near two years. His shit was taking long as fuck. If you listen to the album, there was so much time in between songs, that the nigga repeated the same verse three times on the same album. Three times! [Laughs.]“That’s proof right there that this nigga was working at a snail’s pace. There was so much time in between records that this motherfucker must have forgot, because RZA doesn’t let you hear shit. Once you leave the studio, you don’t hear it anymore.

The majority of the verses on that album are old RZA rhymes and GZA rhymes. I remember GZA and ODB got in an argument one night and GZA was like, ‘Nigga most of that shit on your fucking album is mines anyway!’ ODB wrote ‘Brooklyn Zoo’ though.

“The majority of the verses on that album are old RZA rhymes and GZA rhymes. ‘Approach the school, 9:30, you’re late,’ that’s RZA’s shit, I heard that shit when I was 14 years old. That whole, ‘Easy on my balls, they’re fragile as eggs,’ niggas said that in a rap battle in fucking 1989.
    “Dirty took all their shit and made it his own and GZA ain’t say shit. Most of [Dirty’s verses] was GZA’s shit. I remember GZA and ODB got in an argument one night and GZA was like, ‘Nigga most of that shit on your fucking album is mines anyway!’
    “ODB wrote ‘Brooklyn Zoo’ though. I could go through the discography I could tell you which ones he wrote. Like ‘Dog Shit’ on Wu-Tang Forever? The fucking, ‘Calling me a dog/But leave a dog alone/Because nothing can stop me from burying my bones,’ I wrote that when I was 15 years old.

“The beginning of Ghostface’s verse on ‘Cherchez La Ghost,’ that’s my song ‘I Get Down For My Crown.’ I wrote that when I was 16. The first four bars, ‘Brothers try to pass me, but none could match me/No girl can freak me, I’m just too nasty,’ that’s ‘I Get Down For My Crown.’ Youtube it and you’ll find it because J-Love put all that shit up there.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

I wonder if Flush wrote Coochie Bangin for Dirty.
    The way the showed Buddha Monk coaching Dirty to ride drop the verses on the beat was dope.

I think Rhymefest mightve wrote something for him? Maybe
    Why Do You Build Me Up is a dope track that was released with Dirty on the hook and Rhymefest rappin’.
    Those are 2 songs that made me wonder why that wasnt included in the final playlist.
    Also, would love to listen in good quality