Thread: First time ever : police create deefake vid of murdered boy to try and solve the case

Default First time ever : police create deefake vid of murdered boy to try and solve the case

https://www.dutchnews.nl/news/2022/0...-year-old-boy/

I thought they were gonna have the kid ask for witnesses to come forward but no. I see the police doing that kind of stuff in the near future though
    Retired.

So how does it solve anything? I can't understand how it works. Is the video just supposed to guilt people into remembering?

I was figuring they might be able to do an AI recreation of possible scenarios but I guess we're not at that point yet.

It's just supposed to get people's attention so peeps are on alert and so witnesses come forward
    Retired.

”Still craps and lies” Andy Warhov's Avatar

The day this aired, a documentary about racism and discrimination within the Police was released online, and aired a day after. The release of this deepfake was clearly done to sway public opinion just before the doc. A day after the doc aired, they put out a presser on all the dangerous 3D printed guns making it's way to the streets. The Dutch police understand copaganda, this was a nice example of it.

Regarding the video itself, it plays heavily on emotion. But with this, we could also make many videos about other people that may have been killed by the police. And no office came forward. Besides that, ethics have been voicing their doubts around this method. You can literally put words in the mouth of people. Stuff that they would have never said. So using this, sets a creepy precedent for the future.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997