Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anthony Fantano talks to Ghost (brand new)

Fantano's channel is generally talking about new music, he doesn't often talk about old stuff except stuff like classics week.

Quote Originally Posted by ForensikZ View Post
    I think cilva is enough of a wu head to bring something to the table despite me bustin his balls on here.
    as for fantano interview. Dude is a novice. “Howd ya work with kendrick and the millionith time i asked about doom” vs ya talking to the guy who basically is right there with nas and jay as the next best mc all times. You ask about kenny n doom. Not cuban linx. Not odb. Not supreme. Nice bro.
    I wonder how fun it actually is to always be asked for a ODB story. Couple of years ago, a peak was reached with the stories. People was constantly asking for it, trying to be entertained by Dirty after his death. A bit dark though if you look at it from this point.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

Peace CT

Yeah all set with old questions at this point. We all know the backstory plus do you think these guys remember it accurately anyway. Peace

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenchild View Post
    if this album isn't better than Heavy Mental, The Pillage, or Killarmy shit at the bare minimum, we've got a problem
    You can't compare Heavy mental and Silent Weapons to anything. They really stand on their own. They were isolated records that held their own in their time and these times. Non comparable in any way.

nada ignorante

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    You can't compare Heavy mental and Silent Weapons to anything. They really stand on their own. They were isolated records that held their own in their time and these times. Non comparable in any way.
    Yes this is true. Everything that dropped until 98 (The Pillage) was so unique. That sound could never be replicated today, even The Rza couldn´t do it...
    N.I.

I was somewhat happy that he said he finished recording for the DOOMSTARKS album, but kinda messed up knowing DOOM probably didnt finished it.

I hope Ghost drops SC2 soon.
    Also, i wanna hear the complete joint with Silk Sonic

Hes on a roll with the collab albums. I always thought a collab project with him and Camp Lo would work gangbusters.

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    It refutes Ghost saying he didn't know about the album, the creditation it got and the quality of the music. In one interview it sounded like 36 Chambers, in the other one it's decent and real nice, but in two other ones it's trash.

In one interview he's asked about it as a Wu-Tang Clan album and he confirms it, and I'm his boy and the concept is brilliant... and in another I'm some shiesty dude and it's not a Wu-Tang album and this and that.

Two complete opposite opinions on the same exact album. That's all.
    Hmm, that's a fair point... i guess i interpret this interview as him being honest about the album, but really, as you pointed out he'll just say whatever suits him at the time. i don't think that really validates that he was ever genuinely enthused about it, more that you everything he says about it can be taken with a grain of salt. wu members contradicting themselves isn't exactly unusual.

The part about him not knowing what the album was going to be still holds though - isn't it the case that when many of the verses were recorded the concept of the album being one copy wasn't a thing?

”Still craps and lies” Andy Warhov's Avatar

When you last spoke to Ghost Cilvaringz?

Quote Originally Posted by MakCorleone View Post
    I was somewhat happy that he said he finished recording for the DOOMSTARKS album, but kinda messed up knowing DOOM probably didnt finished it.
    he should get his verses back and lay them on new beats. no point in wasting perfectly good verses

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenchild View Post
    he should get his verses back and lay them on new beats. no point in wasting perfectly good verses
    Ghost and his camp may still be waiting for DOOM's estate to clear DOOM's verses for the DOOMSTARKS release (as an EP?) but obviously I have no inside info, it's just conjecture on my part

if the DOOMSTARKS project tanks I think your idea is great, Ghost should not let the verses go to waste. But there's a lot of artists out there who just rather focus on a new project instead of salvaging old stuff and retooling it
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 06-24-2022 at 08:51 AM.
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    Ghost and his camp may still be waiting for DOOM's estate to clear DOOM's verses for the DOOMSTARKS release (as an EP?) but obviously I have no inside info, it's just conjecture on my part

if the DOOMSTARKS project thanks I think your idea is great, Ghost should not let the verses go to waste. But there's a lot of artists out there who just rather focus on a new project instead of salvaging old stuff and retooling it
    Well, i hope DOOM did work on those joints.
    I can see them taking some time to figure shit out.
    From what ive read, DOOM had different projects he was working on, so let’s hope for the best.